Concessions at The Fieldhouse?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to do with concessions, but whose lamebrain idea was it to put the student body of the OPPPOSING TEAM behind another team's bench.

Do you have to be a brain surgeon to figure out it is not a good idea to put Bracken County's student body BEHIND the Pendleton bench on Monday night?

Pendleton County's student body should have been put BEHIND the outside doors looking in, have never heard such a crude bunch, not even funny or inventive, just tasteless.

Pendleton County's student body should have been put BEHIND the outside doors looking in, have never heard such a crude bunch, not even funny or inventive, just tasteless.

Agree 100% All In. :thumb::thumb:

Nothing to do with concessions, but whose lamebrain idea was it to put the student body of the OPPPOSING TEAM behind another team's bench.

Do you have to be a brain surgeon to figure out it is not a good idea to put Bracken County's student body BEHIND the Pendleton bench on Monday night?

I agree with you.This has happened before with us too. Bad management by the host school, and something that needs to be addressed. Hopefully some of the Mason Co faithful can suggest this to the administration before the next games.

I agree with you.This has happened before with us too. Bad management by the host school, and something that needs to be addressed. Hopefully some of the Mason Co faithful can suggest this to the administration before the next games.

I agree also. If this happens I believe the coach has the right to request the other bench. I've seen that happen before during warmups. The teams switched benches and the ends of the floor.

Shouldn't concessions at the regional tournament be put into the hands of the school board,athletic department, the whole school system in general to help out, heck even hire an outside source or sources to run things for something this big a money maker. This isn't a JV or freshman tournament.

Actually the concessions at BOK were not only better, but each team in the district had the opportunity to work and make money. Not just the host school. Campbell worked out this arrangement because it was fair for everyone, just like they worked out an arrangement to guarantee $40,000 dollar payback to the region if they would sign for this year and the next time the 37th district hosted. The 38th district turned it down.

Actually the concessions at BOK were not only better, but each team in the district had the opportunity to work and make money. Not just the host school. Campbell worked out this arrangement because it was fair for everyone, just like they worked out an arrangement to guarantee $40,000 dollar payback to the region if they would sign for this year and the next time the 37th district hosted. The 38th district turned it down.

I hate that a high school crowd is asked to pay those obscene prices.:idunno:

I agree also. If this happens I believe the coach has the right to request the other bench. I've seen that happen before during warmups. The teams switched benches and the ends of the floor.

Correct, This has been done at Mason during the Regional tournament several times. It is up to the Coaches.

I know this is slightly off topic, but tonight it was so hot in that building it was uncomfortable. But, more to the topic I paid $3.50 for a bottle of Mt Dew and 2 small bags of barbecued Grippo potatoe chips.

And the game I was at, Montgomery was behind Bracken's bench - terrible planning - and not a hard problem for the administration to solve. It should not be up to the coaches to request a change.

And why are both teams cheerleaders on the same end and not always close to their student section -

As for the concession people having other issues to deal with, might be so, and if so, turn it over to another group, don't penalize everyone because of a situation you are dealing with. Mason County has had plenty of time to make plans for this tournament. I have been to two events lately when the host school found out two weeks prior they were hosting state level events that had to be rescheduled in a different location due to weather cancellations at the original location and they were much better prepared than Mason has been for the tournament up to this point.

Shouldn't concessions at the regional tournament be put into the hands of the school board,athletic department, the whole school system in general to help out, heck even hire an outside source or sources to run things for something this big a money maker. This isn't a JV or freshman tournament.

Exactly, let the school run the concessions, and in this region, split the proceeds with the visiting teams since it seems to be locked in at the same location for years to come - it is easy to make $500 a night (conservatively) on regular season games - during the Region $1000 is not out of the question. (and yes I have ran concession stands plenty of times so this is not a random statement)

This year the concessions, if ran right, would bring in $7000 easy (excluding expenses)

Both you & LBBC make valid points. I once saw a basketball game in which a student section was seated behind the opposing team's bench. During timeouts they beat on pots and pans very loudly (they were also the host school, so this evidently wasn't discouraged). The experienced, wise coach of the team enduring the endless noise brought his team (chairs and all) out to the free throw line during timeouts so that his team could hear him.

It's not exactly rewarding to win your district and then have the opposition's loudest section of fans seated right behind you.

In regards to what you said about the PC student section, I'm not so sure "crude" or "tasteless" is a fitting description. Ignorant is more what I was thinking. I felt bad for the PC girls team when some of that student section left with about three minutes or so left in the game--especially when you consider some of that student section that left consisted of their boys team. The PC girls didn't play well, but they had just won a district title for the first time in a decade-and-a-half, they're out there battling and that's how some of their male counterparts react? Again, I say ignorant.

They are having a chili supper benefit in the cafeteria tonight starting at 5 tonight. Not sure what time it is over. For those of you interested in eating before the game. Its for a very good cause. Maybe someone with more details could post more info about it.