Concessions at The Fieldhouse?

They are having a chili supper benefit in the cafeteria tonight starting at 5 tonight. Not sure what time it is over. For those of you interested in eating before the game. Its for a very good cause. Maybe someone with more details could post more info about it.

It's a $5 minimum donation, and there are items both for a silent auction and a live auction (added just today because of the amount of items that have been donated, it starts at 5:15). All of the proceeds go to help a Mason County student and his medical bills. They are also having t-shirt sales for him and each school in the district prepared a fight song to see who will "supports" him the most.

The official time it's over is "?". If there is still anyone that is worried about getting food or the high school concession stand, you can come to the MCHS cafeteria tonight, have chili for $5, and support an awesome cause.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a $5 minimum donation, and there are items both for a silent auction and a live auction (added just today because of the amount of items that have been donated, it starts at 5:15). All of the proceeds go to help a Mason County student and his medical bills. They are also having t-shirt sales for him and each school in the district prepared a fight song to see who will "supports" him the most.

The official time it's over is "?". If there is still anyone that is worried about getting food or the high school concession stand, you can come to the MCHS cafeteria tonight, have chili for $5, and support an awesome cause.

We will be there. Sporting t-shirts for the cause.:thumb:

They are having a chili supper benefit in the cafeteria tonight starting at 5 tonight. Not sure what time it is over. For those of you interested in eating before the game. Its for a very good cause. Maybe someone with more details could post more info about it.

Is it tonight only? Tomorrow would have been a great day also with the girls and boys both playing.

Is it tonight only? Tomorrow would have been a great day also with the girls and boys both playing.

Tonight only. Lots of activities planned besides the food; many teachers staying after school to help from what I understand.

T-shirts are on and we're getting ready to head out the door.

I will say this. It's circumstances like this that put games in their proper perspective. While we all like to root our favorite teams on to success, this is something that crosses those boundaries. If anyone from out of town is at the benefit, stop and say hey. The orange Georgetown coat is hard to miss.

The only problem I have with the games being held at the Fieldhouse, other than the obvious, this year is; get someone in the parking lots to help park cars. Surely, after hosting this thing forever, you realize that there are idiots that show up at these games that think they can park anywhere. I parked in a back parking lot and with the help of some people, I squeezed between a car (parked in an exit way) and a bus.

At least people are seeing that the Almighty Fieldhouse isn't the only place to host a regional tournament. All the complaints listed are common sense, this isn't rocket science!!!

Not the only place, just the best place.:D

In all seriousness, my primary argument for Mason County hosting the tourney is simply a matter of geography. Hosting it at one of the far ends of the region doesn't make as much sense for several reasons; not the least of which are time and money.

Build 4200-seater in Mt. Olivet or Brooksville and that would be a natural as well.

Maybe when Clark County and Montgomery County move over to the 11th, Mason County won't be smack-dab in the middle of the 10th.

Not the only place, just the best place.:D

In all seriousness, my primary argument for Mason County hosting the tourney is simply a matter of geography. Hosting it at one of the far ends of the region doesn't make as much sense for several reasons; not the least of which are time and money.

Build 4200-seater in Mt. Olivet or Brooksville and that would be a natural as well.

Maybe when Clark County and Montgomery County move over to the 11th, Mason County won't be smack-dab in the middle of the 10th.

Don't get me wrong with my concessions comments. Love the tournament at the Fieldhouse for distance reasons. But also like Northern Kentucky, nice arena seats and parking and don't have to get there one hour and half before gametime to get a lower quality seat. Concessions when done right are a huge cash cow, why don't the schools involved work together and split the money. No one wants a buffet, but anything besides what you can get at a 4th grade tournament would suffice. This is an honor for Mason County to hold the tournament,they should treat it as one or let Northern Kentucky have it always. Agree with your statment, just a matter of time before Montgomery goes to the 16th region and Clark County to the 11th

I know this is slightly off topic, but tonight it was so hot in that building it was uncomfortable. But, more to the topic I paid $3.50 for a bottle of Mt Dew and 2 small bags of barbecued Grippo potatoe chips.

Congratulations. :thumb: That fine meal would have cost you about 6 bucks at the BOK last year.

For 5 bucks last night I got chili, sandwich, cornbread, choice of desserts and drink. Just had to go to the cafeteria. Probably yesterday's bargain of the night at any venue.

And had money left over for a $1.50 Diet Pepsi at the game.

Don't get me wrong with my concessions comments. Love the tournament at the Fieldhouse for distance reasons. But also like Northern Kentucky, nice arena seats and parking and don't have to get there one hour and half before gametime to get a lower quality seat. Concessions when done right are a huge cash cow, why don't the schools involved work together and split the money. No one wants a buffet, but anything besides what you can get at a 4th grade tournament would suffice. This is an honor for Mason County to hold the tournament,they should treat it as one or let Northern Kentucky have it always. Agree with your statment, just a matter of time before Montgomery goes to the 16th region and Clark County to the 11th

We agree on just about everything here except for permaneltly relocating somewhere else; the current system of having each district decide seems fair to me. Regarding the bolded, I'm not close enough to the situation to know how it works or how it could work.

Congratulations. :thumb: That fine meal would have cost you about 6 bucks at the BOK last year.

And people will PAY that, that is my point(chi-ching for Mason County and invloved schools). Just like people pay at Reds games,etc. What part of this doesn't anyone understand, people get food,people make money? C'mon Mason County, grippo chips,blow pops and popcorn, isn't anyone embarrased?

And people will PAY that, that is my point(chi-ching for Mason County and invloved schools). Just like people pay at Reds games,etc. What part of this doesn't anyone understand, people get food,people make money? C'mon Mason County, grippo chips,blow pops and popcorn, isn't anyone embarrased?

Not me, because there were other choices.

And we ate at LaRosa's after the games last year. $6.99 for a huge spaghetti dinner, salad and bread. I can go without food and drink for a couple of hours if the prices are outrageous. Although maybe that puts me in the minority.

:rolleyes::lol:

If your that hungry there is an Arby's across the street. :D