Presidential Trivia

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ S....

By the way, that is correct. There is no period after the S

His parents wanted to honor Harry's grandfathers; both of their names started with the letter S.

At first I thought it might be the result of never having earned...

...wait a second, I'd better not finish that thought.

What President received the most total votes for the office of President ?

What person received the most total votes in Presidential elections?

Originally you asked what President, than changed it to what person. Is the omision of the word "president" relevant to the quesiton.

My original question has not been answered.

What person received the most total votes in Presidential elections?

As far as I can tell, Obama had the most popular votes within a single elections, and George W. Bush had the most total, however, since both of these have been stated to be incorrect, perhaps I'm wrong.

I will however, give one last guess. Given that you use the word person in the above question, I am going to guess George H. W. Bush. As the President and Vice President run on a ticket and that a vote for President is also a vote in theory for Vice President, than I think that the elder Bush would have received the most total "Presidential" votes.

Between the two Reagan victory's and his own victory and defeat, Bush Sr. has received over 186.3 million votes in a presidential election.

As far as I can tell, Obama had the most popular votes within a single elections, and George W. Bush had the most total, however, since both of these have been stated to be incorrect, perhaps I'm wrong.

I will however, give one last guess. Given that you use the word person in the above question, I am going to guess George H. W. Bush. As the President and Vice President run on a ticket and that a vote for President is also a vote in theory for Vice President, than I think that the elder Bush would have received the most total "Presidential" votes.

Between the two Reagan victory's and his own victory and defeat, Bush Sr. has received over 186.3 million votes in a presidential election.

Sorry about the confusion. I'm looking for votes garnered as the candidate for President.

Its not Obama. Its not GWB. Its not Clinton. Its not FDR.