Mark May (ESPN) Racism Accusations From 2003

GO CATS

Just curious, is Kentucky the only racist state in the country? Haven't they had a minority head coach in both sports? Has North Carolina (just as an example), ever hired a minority in any major sport? I just don't understand that.

Its sad the perception here in Ky. Not saying there isn't racism, but most people aren't. And there is definitly no issue with it at UK! Comments like the ones Mark May made are ridiculous.

Just curious, is Kentucky the only racist state in the country? Haven't they had a minority head coach in both sports? Has North Carolina (just as an example), ever hired a minority in any major sport? I just don't understand that.

Sidney Lowe is the basketball coach for the NCSU Wolf Pack.

Its sad the perception here in Ky. Not saying there isn't racism, but most people aren't. And there is definitly no issue with it at UK! Comments like the ones Mark May made are ridiculous.

I would venture to guess that there's a bit of racism everywhere, but why does Kentucky get singled out for it?

Stephen A. Smith was rambling on the other day about how Tiger has had to hide his true identity his whole life to make the big bucks from the 'white man' etc. I was really close to punching my T.V.

:thumb:

Last time I had some, I remember money being green. Didin't know "white man's" money was a different color.

Does anyone remember when Guy Morris left and as the hiring process moved forward, it was determined that Kentucky was not interested in hiring Doug Williams? I remember Mark May making a derogatory comment about how "Mitch Barnhart was seeing to it that the white good ole boy network was alive and well in Kentucky"? I would love to be able to dig up that footage, let him watch it and see what he says. I've never seen an announcer so out of line and not to mention WRONG. If there is anyone in this world that is NOT a racist I would have to put Mitch Barnhart at the top of that list....just a plain stupid comment by May, now that Joker (who I think is going to be fantastic as HC) is HC it makes him look even more foolish.

He will probably say that Mitch was not in favor of hiring a black head coach and was concerned about public opinion. That is why they did the coach in waiting thing to see if the public would accept it or not.

I hate how often the race card is used.

AGREED 100%! I HATE how people use it. Facts are black people are a minority, so of course their will not be as many black coaches! This is not the 50s or 60s, Is racism still around? YES! Would anyone pass up on a good black coach and give away wins as a result by passing him up? I don't think so, not in this time!

I wouldn't see it as being racist if UK told Joker they changed their mind and have to go after a better candidate. I think it would be wrong to go back on their word of "coach in waiting", but you if they did, people like this hack would say UK is racist. Like most people, I just want them to hire the best coach possible, if they have a budget, the best they can find for the money. But in Joker, if he wins, and builds the UK program higher, would he leave for a higher paying job? I don't think he would, I think he would stay.

Cincinnati heard this from so called reporters ect a few years back when they were asking if the Cincinnati fans would except a black quarterback, a black leader on the field in Jeff Blake!

But let's see if and when the Bengals shows Marvin the door, they will not see the clock managment ect, they will just see him being shown the door for other reasons.

I do not see how or why outlets allow this to happen, and allow hacks like this say this garbage.

Stephen A. Smith was rambling on the other day about how Tiger has had to hide his true identity his whole life to make the big bucks from the 'white man' etc. I was really close to punching my T.V.

I do not watch golf, to me it's boring to watch on TV, I play a round like once ever 2 years or so. But, if I am passing a TV and I see Tiger, I WATCH! I don't care what he acts like, I do not care about his off the course troubles, to me that is PRIVATE!

Poeple say his rep is ruin? Maybe a little! But TIGER makes the PGA interesting. If there is no TIGER, I would not even think about watching. Look at most of the people who are at the events, mostly white as I can tell, a lot saying he's he man!

Ok I need to stop lol. You were about to punch your TV, I am about to punch my laptop thinking of this. lol

Mark May is a joke of an analyst.

:thumb: May is a "Legend in his own mind". One of if not THE most arrogant analyst anywhere :rolleyes:. May is "Billy Packer" arrogant.

Jay Bilas imo pats himself on the back so to speak and I don't like to listen to him but May is waaaaaay past Bilas or anyone else, he is terrible.

I love it when Lou Holtz gets is jabs in on May, even in kidding. I remember one time when May went on one of his many rants of a so called expert opinion. Holtz ask him if he was finshed and just said "Mark, that's why you were a lineman...........shut up and block" :lol:

I hate how often the race card is used.
As do I. :irked:

Stephen A. Smith was rambling on
I didn't hear it for one simple reason, I refuse to watch or listen to Smith, he is a pompass jerk that thinks waaaaaay too much of himself.

:thumb: At least Lou Holtz was a good coach...

Holtz hs forgotten more football than most will ever know. I am one that loves to listen to him. His speech doesn't bother me, he knows what he is talking about and can be funny as well.

May is, and always has been, a moron.
Enough said. :thumb:

:thumb:

Last time I had some, I remember money being green. Didin't know "white man's" money was a different color.

:thumb::lol:

I thought the guy that wanted to interview for the job was on the Packer staff. Sherm Lewis is who I thought it was. He is from Louisville and was on the 49ers staff back when they had their run. I cannot imagine why Doug Williams would of ever been interested in the job and I think he ended up where he always wanted which is Grambling.

Mark May must not think the state of KY is that bad since I believe his son plays at Georgetown.