Boys LIT Pairings

New ranking system takes into account only W-L and not who you play and Seneca started 9-0 while THS had two early losses.

I am asking because I really don't know but I guess I am confused :confused::confused: Trinity beat Seneca correct? Trinity has won two major tournaments that has never been done. I understand if the tournaments don't count. Just thought since they defeated Seneca they would rank higher. What is Seneca's current record?

Thank you for the explanation.

I still don't agree with them. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good Luck T. Bring home #3 Trophy! :ylsuper:

Let's see- 1st round Fern Creek

2nd round Jtown/Manual?

Semis Ballard?

Finals Eastern?

This will be a tougher route than what they would face in state tourney so if they can do this it would be amazing!

New ranking system takes into account only W-L and not who you play and Seneca started 9-0 while THS had two early losses.

Yes, I was really surprised about only 6th and 7th region teams being in the tournament and the new rating system. I know there was a discussion about Louisville Holy Cross not being in the tournament while being tied with another team that made it, yet I didn't understand the rating system very well. St. X did play the first week Eastern, Ballard, and Seneca with another loss against Clark County.

A pre-season SETH ranking was published a month ago. Seneca, at that time was ranked 11th in the entire city according to the pre-season SETH ratings.

Since then, they have beaten 7 pre-season top twenty teams: (according to the Courier-Journal)

[*]Warren Central

[*]Iroquois

[*]Knott County

[*]Eastern

[*]Highlands

[*]Boone County

[*]George Rogers Clark

Yes, Trinity has accomplished alot - including a win over Seneca. But Seneca beat Eastern and is ranked below them in this system.

If you would like to know more about how points are gained and lost, here is a link to the web page that describes the point/ranking system:

Seth rankings

Why are there no longer teams from outside of Louisville in the LIT?

I don't know. But they expanded the field to twenty (was 16). That includes eight more Louisville teams that would not be able to participate otherwise. I don't know about the future and out-in-state teams. This year, however,Louisville is loaded with quality teams. It should be a blast to watch!

Louisville is ALWAYS loaded with teams and this year is no different.

In fact, as much as the 7th region is dominating this season, the 7th is not as strong as it was in years past. For instance, this Trinity team is no where close to the vintage team with the Saxton twins and Berry. For whatever reason, the 7th is dominating out of region teams this year.

There had always been a fallout with some teams making the field and others not. It was last year or the year before where St. X was the first team out and X had a strong record and looked much better than some team entered in the LIT.

Out of state teams had similar issues with low ratings being invited just based on what they did the year before or showcasing an individual. It was Madisonville one year with Hood. That team had zero chance of winning, a low rating, so a school in Louisville throws a fit saying "why are we out yet have a better rating than them but lower than the locals we beat or have better records than?"

So today, everyone in Louisville plays in the LIT just about. Teams like Brown, KCD, and Daffney's School of Music will end up missing it, but schools such as X, Waggener, Butler, and others will get the call. Politics do make a difference.

Some of the better teams from out in the state really did not want to play anymore because of the way games are counted in the KHSAA rules. They can play in a tournament where they are guaranteed four games and only count as one or travel to the LIT for a one game guarantee.

My personal opinion is that this tournament quality is much improved over the field in the past several LITs.

Louisville is ALWAYS loaded with teams and this year is no different.

In fact, as much as the 7th region is dominating this season, the 7th is not as strong as it was in years past. For instance, this Trinity team is no where close to the vintage team with the Saxton twins and Berry. For whatever reason, the 7th is dominating out of region teams this year.

There had always been a fallout with some teams making the field and others not. It was last year or the year before where St. X was the first team out and X had a strong record and looked much better than some team entered in the LIT.

Out of state teams had similar issues with low ratings being invited just based on what they did the year before or showcasing an individual. It was Madisonville one year with Hood. That team had zero chance of winning, a low rating, so a school in Louisville throws a fit saying "why are we out yet have a better rating than them but lower than the locals we beat or have better records than?"

So today, everyone in Louisville plays in the LIT just about. Teams like Brown, KCD, and Daffney's School of Music will end up missing it, but schools such as X, Waggener, Butler, and others will get the call. Politics do make a difference.

I have to respectfully disagree. While that team certainly had a magical run when that trio were juniors, they never developed the depth that the current team has. So when the Saxtons were both hit with regrettable injuries when they were seniors (particularly Kyle Saxton late in the season) they were unable to handle Ballard in the regional.

This current team is deep at every position with very little drop-off except for Josh Sewell when he goes out. They are fun to watch and will only get better. This LIT will be a great early barometer for the wide open regional.

Some of the better teams from out in the state really did not want to play anymore because of the way games are counted in the KHSAA rules. They can play in a tournament where they are guaranteed four games and only count as one or travel to the LIT for a one game guarantee.

My personal opinion is that this tournament quality is much improved over the field in the past several LITs.

Have to nearly totally disagree regarding the quality being better this year. Seen LIT's for decades. It's watered-down now. Its a block party for nearly every Louisville team and you could literally be 1 - 9 and make the event.