McCracken County Football

The boundry lines are totally rediculous. Lone Oak kids live 5-10 blocks from Tilghman and Health kids live one mile from Tilghman but drive 10 miles to Health. (These are estimates) But here is the truth. If you redrew the school boundry lines you wouldn't need to spend all the tax money to build a new high school.

We are talking about state government right? Nothing makes sense to them when its easy and cheap!!!!

The boundry lines are totally rediculous. Lone Oak kids live 5-10 blocks from Tilghman and Health kids live one mile from Tilghman but drive 10 miles to Health. (These are estimates) But here is the truth. If you redrew the school boundry lines you wouldn't need to spend all the tax money to build a new high school.

The bigger picture is the county school boundary lines and the city school boundary lines.

You don't just redraw lines, and the boundaries of the city aren't always the same as the city school district.

Many are still waiting to see where they will play their football, baseball, softball, track, tennis, etc. Unless I'm wrong, (and I am on a daily basis), state funds provide for basic educational facilities, along with a gymnasium, but do not provide for other athletic facilities (as listed above), or development thereof. Don't those come from private/booster funds? If I'm wrong, why did it take Graves County 22 years to build their own football stadium? I got this information from a couple of folks who seem to be more in tune with this type of thing than I. This might not be the case at all, but if it is, I would love to hear more of an explanation as to when and where all of this might happen. Westsider, you might have more of an inside track on this.

Many are still waiting to see where they will play their football, baseball, softball, track, tennis, etc. Unless I'm wrong, (and I am on a daily basis), state funds provide for basic educational facilities, along with a gymnasium, but do not provide for other athletic facilities (as listed above), or development thereof. Don't those come from private/booster funds? If I'm wrong, why did it take Graves County 22 years to build their own football stadium? I got this information from a couple of folks who seem to be more in tune with this type of thing than I. This might not be the case at all, but if it is, I would love to hear more of an explanation as to when and where all of this might happen. Westsider, you might have more of an inside track on this.
I believe you are correct. I suspect the state only provides a minimum amount for basic-type extracurricular facilities. I've never really looked into it, but I suspect that any of the "extras" (for example, a 5,000-seat gym and a performing arts auditorium) would have to be paid for by the school system.

Paducah Tilghman is an independent district that won't close the doors unless finances dictate it. There is some feeling that, for various reasons, a McCracken consolidation to one school could take enough students away from Tilghman to cause that.

I don't want consolidation at all, but if it has to happen, I would rather have two county schools (East and West McCracken) with Tilghman operating as it always has.

Love this idea, but looks like they just want 1 school to juggle and it will be built too small right off the bat, just like Graves County most likely. It always seems like they are trying to do the right thing, but in the end something falls through the cracks!

A 6A football and basketball team would be very good west of Bowling Green.