Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A Final: Boyle County 42 Lone Oak 39 2OT

Featured Replies

The play clock was not the official clock. The official clock was in the hands of the referee. There is no guarantee that they were synched.

 

That said, there were a lot of mistakes by the officials the whole game when I watched the video. To single out this as the only one that had bearing on the game is false advertisement. Announcers are not the experts but merely interpreters of what they see, not neccessarily what it. (Did I say that Mr. Network? :D)

 

It is a shame that there is debate about this "non call" but like I said, there were a lot of other debatable calls and non-calls along the way that also led to points missing or being made. :thumb:

 

Radio announcers are human and opposing teams often give differing descriptions of the same game. I don't know which radio crew was being referenced but many see what they want to see and wear their allegiances on their sleeves. The feed I was listening to didn't know that an illegial touching penalty was a loss of down penalty. That surprised me.

 

Nonetheless, the back judge uses a hand motion to indicate the play clock running down. That is the official play clock. Nothing else matters in a high school game.

  • Replies 158
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing about the call or non call matters except that the kick as good and there was no flag. Arguing about whether is was a delay of game or not is a moot point. It isn't going to be changed.

 

Both teams played hard and left it on the field. Truth be told, non calls and bad calls are just a part of the game.

I just made it back home. Took the wife to Nashville Christmas shopping after the game, and boy did the win make that trip worth while. I'm speechless as to what to say about the game but other than WOW! :eek: We was down, but never out. This is something you watch in movies. I still can't believe what I saw yesterday. I am so happy for Larry, and the kids. :clap:

 

Boyle did "Finish the Fight"

Congratulations to the Rebels on a hard fought, much deserved win. You never gave up and you "Finished the Fight". Fantastic season.

All the talk about the woulda's, shoulda's, coulda's. What about all the talk about how great of a season this was for the Rebels? :ylsuper:

Congratulations to the Rebels!

As a parent of a player the championship game was a rollercoaster. Everytime it seemed we were making a run either we commited a penality or Lone Oak would make a play.

 

Many times throught the game i told the person beside me "were done".

Boy did they teach this old man a lesson, never ever quit on a Rebel football team.

 

What a football season.

Hey Popcorn What About Them REBELS!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy:

If I remember correctly, the pass that got Mayfield to the P'burg 1 came on the first play after the Cardinals got the ball back.

 

Maybe we need to have someone look it up, if possible.

 

 

I thought the teams traded possessions after the last P-burg score and it was the 2nd possession when the Cards hit the big pass.

 

But who knows? Maybe we're both getting old enough to lose memory cells...

 

I'd LOVE to find a tape of that game somewhere. I've looked and looked.

 

 

:idunno:

All the talk about the woulda's, shoulda's, coulda's. What about all the talk about how great of a season this was for the Rebels? :ylsuper:

 

 

Absolutely...another great year for Boyle Co.. :thumb:

I thought the teams traded possessions after the last P-burg score and it was the 2nd possession when the Cards hit the big pass.

 

But who knows? Maybe we're both getting old enough to lose memory cells...

 

I'd LOVE to find a tape of that game somewhere. I've looked and looked.

Yeah, like you guys would have kept that one floating around ... :lol:

I want to congratulate Mrs.Connie French for getting her kiss that she has been waiting for since 1974 from her husband Coach Larry French.Read story on here http://www.amnews.com

Just got back from BG and all i have to say is congrats to Boyle.....As much as it pains me about the refs non calls fact is the game should have never have gotten that close.....I hope now Lone Oak will get some much needed respect....Hold your head up boys the cupboard is far from bare and next year finish what you started this year.....again con grats to Boyle for a well timed "perfect storm"....

I want to congratulate Mrs.Connie French for getting her kiss that she has been waiting for since 1974 from her husband Coach Larry French.Read story on here http://www.amnews.com

 

Now THAT is definitely a French kiss.

As a parent of a player the championship game was a rollercoaster. Everytime it seemed we were making a run either we commited a penality or Lone Oak would make a play.

 

Many times throught the game i told the person beside me "were done".

Boy did they teach this old man a lesson, never ever quit on a Rebel football team.

 

What a football season.

Hey Popcorn What About Them REBELS!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy:

 

I go to bed with a big smile on my face and I wake up with a big smile on my face!:D:D:D

Does anyone know the attendance for the game? I haven't seen it anywhere

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.