Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A Final: Boyle County 42 Lone Oak 39 2OT

Featured Replies

Is Looper or Starks coming back?

 

No both are seniors unfortunately.But we have a soph. QB every bit as good and a freshman RB that is going to be a good one with some lineage..Ever heard of his brother that used to play for Heath with the last name of Wright? I believe he holds some sate records.

  • Replies 158
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why...If you do not mind...Please Explain...BTW I love it in B.G Also...:thumb:

 

PurplePride covered it. That same crowd is dwarfed in Papa John's. Instead, it felt twice as large.

No both are seniors unfortunately.But we have a soph. QB every bit as good and a freshman RB that is going to be a good one with some lineage..Ever heard of his brother that used to play for Heath with the last name of Wright? I believe he holds some sate records.

 

I can't say I have, but with an O-Line like that with most of them returning, I am sure we will get to know both pretty soon. :thumb:

I can't say I have, but with an O-Line like that with most of them returning, I am sure we will get to know both pretty soon. :thumb:

 

I hope so at least for the next two years anyway...The the dreaded consolodation begins....:madman::madman:

I hope so at least for the next two years anyway...The the dreaded consolodation begins....:madman::madman:

 

I think we may all have to get used to consolidation in a lot of places we never thought possible throughout the state at some time or another.

No both are seniors unfortunately.But we have a soph. QB every bit as good and a freshman RB that is going to be a good one with some lineage..Ever heard of his brother that used to play for Heath with the last name of Wright? I believe he holds some sate records.

 

I was wondering what grade the backup QB was in. I didn't have a program for the game and was watching both guys warm up because I was on that side of the field and just by watching warmups I honestly thought #11 was the starting QB. His throws seemed much tighter and he had nice touch. Now, don't get me wrong Looper was incredible. He threw 2 of the best passes I have ever seen at the high school level.

I was wondering what grade the backup QB was in. I didn't have a program for the game and was watching both guys warm up because I was on that side of the field and just by watching warmups I honestly thought #11 was the starting QB. His throws seemed much tighter and he had nice touch. Now, don't get me wrong Looper was incredible. He threw 2 of the best passes I have ever seen at the high school level.

 

I really dont think #11 will be as much of a duel threat as Looper but will be more of a pocket passer. His last name is Presnell..He does throw a good ball..I oughta know hes my son.:ylsuper:

Lone Oak fans, I heard on the way to the game that Lone Oak, Heath and Reidland were going to be consolidated into McCracken Central. If so, when is this going to take place? I assume that would move you to 6A. What are your thoughts on this?

When we arrived at the stadium for our 2A game, some Boyle County fans were leaving the parking garage saying that Boyle County got beat......they shoulda stayed.

 

:laugh:Classic!!! Were they clutching the cheese they could savlage?:laugh:

Lone Oak fans, I heard on the way to the game that Lone Oak, Heath and Reidland were going to be consolidated into McCracken Central. If so, when is this going to take place? I assume that would move you to 6A. What are your thoughts on this?

 

Not happy about it. LO is a decent size schooll on its own. McCracken Co. HS will be competitive west of I-65, but they'll have the same problems everyone else has when it comes to Trinity and St X.

 

The local paper ran a story earlier in the year that the city and county were discussing merger. If Tilghman took one half of Paducah/McCracken and the new school the other half, you could have two 5A programs. Highlands would be a thorn in the side, but that's the lesser of two evils when considering the Louisville programs.

 

Can't wait until next year. We have some good kids coming back and Presnell with the Starks kids, Joe and Joeshawn (Matt's cousins) will be great. Coorts is back along with one of the Isenberg receivers and Devonte Wilson is a fine young player!

Lone Oak fans, I heard on the way to the game that Lone Oak, Heath and Reidland were going to be consolidated into McCracken Central. If so, when is this going to take place? I assume that would move you to 6A. What are your thoughts on this?

 

Not happy about it. LO is a decent size school on its own. McCracken Co. HS will be competitive west of I-65, but they'll have the same problems everyone else has when it comes to Trinity and St X.

 

The local paper ran a story earlier in the year that the city and county were discussing merger. If Tilghman took one half of Paducah/McCracken and the new school the other half, you could have two 5A programs. Highlands would be a thorn in the side, but that's the lesser of two evils when considering the number of Louisville programs.

 

Can't wait until next year. We have some good kids coming back and Presnell with the Starks kids, Joe and Joeshawn (Matt's cousins) will be great. Coorts is back along with one of the Isenberg receivers and Devonte Wilson is a fine young player!

What a great game by 2 great teams. Lots of momentum swings and plays that could have turned the game a different direction from both sides. Credit Boyle for a great comeback and never say die attitude. Lone Oak was a handfull all day long. I do think they went conservative the 4th qtr instead of going for the juggler. Yes, Boyle made 1/2 time adjustments and did a better job, but, looper still had time in the pocket for the most part and they went to that quick outlet pass too often instead of continuing to pass in the middle which was still open. The DB for Boyle did a great job all day long stopping that short out pass even though he was on an island in 1 on 1 coverage, he always wrapped up and didn't let Starks get going. That play never got them over 4-5 yds all day, most times less, but, that's what they went too in the 4th. Boyle was giving them that and I suppose Haskins thought Starks would eventually make him miss and it turn into a big play, but credit Boyle for solid tackling and it never happening. In Lone Oaks defense, they weren't able to just run the clock like some suggest because Boyle did a great job on there run defense and yds were hard to come by.

 

There were so many plays that had bearings in the outcome:

1) The 2 Lone Oak missed extra points

2) The blocking in the back on a Boyle kickoff return

3) Boyle faking the PAT and not making it, remaining 9 down(didnt like that call, by the way)

4) The blocked punt

5) The shanked punt

6) L.O. not going for 2 in the 1st OT

7) the no call on the tying FG although the kick was long enough to make the extra 5 yds so it may not have mattered

 

In hindsight, I think Boyles coaching staff did a great job playing the clock and putting them in a position to come back and there kids executed when it mattered most. Lone Oak was every bit as good as Boyle, imo, probably better offensively and about even defensively although I'd say Boyle's was slightly better. Boyle's special teams were better and they had a better running game as McShara was all he was advertised to be. Looper was an awesone QB. He would make any team instantly better. Great arm and accuracy and ability to run when needed. Lone Oak also has a platoon of receivers who can catch it and run and they all run great routes with solid cuts.

 

To me, this game epitomized what HS football is all about. 2 great teams with different styles trying to impose there will on the other. Anyone who thinks last weeks Boyle Co Bell Co game was the real championship obviously underestimated how good Lone Oak really was. If there's another team as good as these 2, I'd have to see it to believe it.

Great game. I was sitting right infont of the field goal attempt, and i thought the reb's would not get the snap off, but the ball was snapped as the play clock was changing to 0. Great game all around,

The reason they lost was because of poor clock mangement, they had a 2 score lead with 5:01 left in the game and had the ball. Why did they continue to throw the football? Boyle had only one time out left, and Lone Oak had a first down. Run the football and make Boyle use their final timeout and the game is over. Boyle Kicked the field goal with 4 seconds left.:ohbrother:

The reason they lost was because of poor clock mangement, they had a 2 score lead with 5:01 left in the game and had the ball. Why did they continue to throw the football? Boyle had only one time out left, and Lone Oak had a first down. Run the football and make Boyle use their final timeout and the game is over. Boyle Kicked the field goal with 4 seconds left.:ohbrother:

 

It wasn't like they had incomplete passes except on the 3rd and long play or were ran out of bounds. The passes were completed and the clock kept running and they ran it down to the end on every play. I don't fault them for going for the 1st down with a pass on 3rd down because if they pick it up then they can kill the clock down under 2:00, even without a 1st down, but, they didn't complete it. The blocked punt and recovering it inside the 25 yd line and scoring within 30 secs after that was the difference, because now you're only 3 pts up and still 4:01 left in the game and Boyle still had a timeout to use. So, it wasn't like they could just take a knee. Boyle was doing a pretty good job stopping the run. Lone oak picked up a 1st down on there very 1st play but wasnt able to move it anymore and had to give it back with just under 2:00. Then the shanked punt gave it Boyle agn inside the 35 yd line. That's plenty of time to come back.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.