Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A Final: Boyle County 42 Lone Oak 39 2OT

Featured Replies

Point well made, and taken. My thoughts in that Lone Oak was the better team, is that they weren't better by much. I thought they had more offensive weapons than any team they've played this year, and a great defense to back it up. LO has no D-1 prospects this year, nor "stars", as does Boyle with McSharra. But my main point is this. There's NO reason why you should ever give up 3 scores to the opposition when you lead by 16 points with 8 minutes to go. Whether you're Lone Oak, Boyle County, or whomever. Boyle County proved yesterday, that it's not over, until it's over, a lesson that Lone Oak should learn.

 

Danvile was up 17 over NewCath in 06 in the 4th quarter and lost.

  • Replies 158
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Danvile was up 17 over NewCath in 06 in the 4th quarter and lost.

 

That probably shouldn't have happened either. But the ball is shaped funny for a reason. Funny how the games with great comebacks are the most remembered. And I certainly don't want to take anything away from Boyle county. They have a great tradition, are a great program, and will certainly not make this their last appearance in a title game. However they won, they did win, and my congratulations to them and the Boyle County fans. May not have been the prettiest win, but a W is a W.

That probably shouldn't have happened either. But the ball is shaped funny for a reason. Funny how the games with great comebacks are the most remembered. And I certainly don't want to take anything away from Boyle county. They have a great tradition, are a great program, and will certainly not make this their last appearance in a title game. However they won, they did win, and my congratulations to them and the Boyle County fans. May not have been the prettiest win, but a W is a W.

 

I will also add that I feel bad for the LO players because I remember how the Danville players were so dejected after that game in 06. LO definitely did everything right for most of the game to win. After the game I told SEVERAL people how I was in shock that we actually won because for so much of the game I just didn't think we had enough in the tank to pull it out. Also, I'd put Boyle, Bell, LO, and LexCath up against any of the top teams in the larger classes and be confident that you'd have a competitive game. :thumb:

Prestonsburg's second touchdown came at about the 9:00 mark, but otherwise, oneijoe's pain is recounted largely accurately.

 

No...what I said was accurate. And what YOU said was also accurate.

 

I only meant to recount the last 5 mins. of that game when the wheels fell off (the blown coverage and long pass came close to that point in the game). I wasn't implying P-burg went up 12-0 at the 5 min. mark.

...

 

Time will help Lone Oak remember how great the year was.:thumb:

 

 

That's partially true. But it will NOT remove the pain of losing this game.

That's partially true. But it will NOT remove the pain of losing this game.

 

More so for some particular players. Jack Coorts has had more practice with PAT's, even as a junior, and hits at about 98% accuracy. He missed 3 all year, and Friday he missed 2. Saw him on TV last night, and the pain and tears on his face pretty well said what his thoughts were. Again, congrats to Boyle, but this one for Lone Oak hurts more deeply than their blowout to LexCath 2 years ago. In that game, LO didn't stand a chance, in this game, they were in the driver's seat. It's often said that football is a great emulation of how life goes. You pick up the pieces and go on.

TTC Jr. holding the hardware.

 

[ATTACH]28897[/ATTACH]

 

Awesome Pic My Friend...:dancingpa

Awesome Pic My Friend...:dancingpa

 

How about this one?:thumb:

 

AA and TTC.jpg

No...what I said was accurate. And what YOU said was also accurate.

 

I only meant to recount the last 5 mins. of that game when the wheels fell off (the blown coverage and long pass came close to that point in the game). I wasn't implying P-burg went up 12-0 at the 5 min. mark.

If I remember correctly, the pass that got Mayfield to the P'burg 1 came on the first play after the Cardinals got the ball back.

 

Maybe we need to have someone look it up, if possible.

How about this one?:thumb:

 

[ATTACH]28898[/ATTACH]

 

Oh my Goodness...:lol::lol::lol:

Congratulations Boyle Co., You guys worked hard and played hard all year for this title, well deserved.:thumb:

This game will be talked about awhile and especially the no-call on the delay of game (that should have been called) as Boyle County attempted a 38-yard FG to tie the game up towards the end of the 4th quarter.

 

Even the Announcers acknowledged the delay of game on the radio before the kick was made ! One of them actually counted down the last 5 seconds on the play clock!

Even the Announcers acknowledged the delay of game on the radio before the kick was made ! One of them actually counted down the last 5 seconds on the play clock!

 

The play clock was not the official clock. The official clock was in the hands of the referee. There is no guarantee that they were synched.

 

That said, there were a lot of mistakes by the officials the whole game when I watched the video. To single out this as the only one that had bearing on the game is false advertisement. Announcers are not the experts but merely interpreters of what they see, not neccessarily what it. (Did I say that Mr. Network? :D)

 

It is a shame that there is debate about this "non call" but like I said, there were a lot of other debatable calls and non-calls along the way that also led to points missing or being made. :thumb:

The play clock was not the official clock. The official clock was in the hands of the referee. There is no guarantee that they were synched.

 

That said, there were a lot of mistakes by the officials the whole game when I watched the video. To single out this as the only one that had bearing on the game is false advertisement. Announcers are not the experts but merely interpreters of what they see, not necessarily what it. (Did I say that Mr. Network? :D)

 

It is a shame that there is debate about this "non call" but like I said, there were a lot of other debatable calls and non-calls along the way that also led to points missing or being made. :thumb:

 

I'm not trying to make a debate about a " non call " all I am saying is why would they even have the play clocks running if they we not insinc with the official play clock that makes no sense! I really dont think they would have been using them if they weren't being set but the official.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.