Bowling Green 28 Christian County 14

PurpleHaze

You have to look at who BG went through to get there too.

Bowling Green hands down does not take cheese walks to the finals.

Maybe you have a point. I do think the three years the Purples lost in the finals they probably had more talent on the field than the team that beat them rather easily. With the exception of this year, BGHs has had several Legit D-1 athletes, loaded with athletes and tons of speed. You would think that would translate into more competitive state championship games, maybe the road to get there is just too tough.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to look at who BG went through to get there too.

Bowling Green hands down does not take cheese walks to the finals.

Absolutely right! BGHS, in their attempts to win state titles, arguably has the toughest road there. Add to that the fact that LexCath and CovCath had quite possibly the finest teams in their histories, plus Highlands had another great unbeaten team. Out west, you have old, bitter rivals who have been playing each other since the 1920s and 1930s. They not only take physical tolls, but mental tolls as well.

Make no mistake, it doesn't take a state title for me to respect our opponents or root harder for the young men who proudly wear the Purple and Gold!! And I would have rooted just as hard for Owensboro or Christian Co if they beat us...anybody who knows me (like devils58) knows that this is not said in a flippant or insincere manner!

With that said, Sic 'em, Purple!!!

:ylsuper::D

Guest bgrocks
I agree, congrats Purples. Hope to see another exciting game next week.

Awwww come on you're just saying that so your Birds can put a hurt on the Purples again. We know your true feelings about BG!!! :sssh:

But thanks for the congrats. Won't you be watching your Gators instead?

all of you guys act as though HHS has an easy schedule through the playoffs not due to their unrivaled need to win and the reason that they beat the team from the west is because of a hard schedule for the west not because of the dedication by the team... Bottom line HHS beats teams due to their hard work from after they win state to the next time the season starts or ends they do not give up no matter what happens and give their all in the off season which translates to winning teams not excuses

Pigskin, people have been trying to get this thread back on topic....so, I am going to start fresh in doing just that!

Congrats to the Purples!!! You all make up a great team and we are all very proud of you. You all have what it takes to get the job done.....Now, get it done!! LOL

See ya all next week for another great game. PH and I will be there along with the other fans to cheer you all on!!!

Play with heart, play for the love of the game, play for memories and no matter what happens, you all will always be winners!!!

Awwww come on you're just saying that so your Birds can put a hurt on the Purples again. We know your true feelings about BG!!! :sssh:

But thanks for the congrats. Won't you be watching your Gators instead?

I'll either be watching the Gators and listening to the purples or watching the purples and listening to the gators. Usuallly I go to watch the more competitive game and unfortunately I think It will be at Monie Beard field Friday night. As you know I may not have a lot of love for the Purples but I do really like the kids playing for them if that makes any sense and would love to see them in the finals. May even root for them if the birds stub their toe next week. Hate to say it but I may get to watch the first half of the gators and the second half of the purples. Afraid one game may get ugly quick.