Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 102 Sam Houston State 92

Featured Replies

People can say whatever they want about intimidating environments and how Rupp Arena sucks because people do not trance jump like they do at Cameron. If you have a better team, you are going to win the majority of your games. UNC's place is very similar. UK has lost more recently at home because... you guessed it, UK was not as good.

 

:thumb: I agree with you 100%.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am more concerned with the silly turn overs from bad passes than the 3pt. defense. Right now they are playing teams with less talent and can over come the TO's with talent. Down the road ( UNC,UL,etc.) they can not get away with it. Need to take care of the ball and make better decisions at the guard positions. Also Cousins needs to learn how to pass the ball without getting it stolen. PP has got to get more touches on the block because he is unstopable in the paint. They is no substitute for experience so they should ge better every game at something.

People can say whatever they want about intimidating environments and how Rupp Arena sucks because people do not trance jump like they do at Cameron. If you have a better team, you are going to win the majority of your games. UNC's place is very similar. UK has lost more recently at home because... you guessed it, UK was not as good.

 

I agree. Plus I believe the competition is better.

Well through the positives and the negatives, at least UK is actually fun to watch again.

We have talked about this a lot on here the last few years, and as I have said a lot of times Rupp arena really is not much of a homecourt advantage. People try to say it was just because the teams weren't that good, or the style didn't get the crowd into it. However as we see now, that is not the case. There is just nothing scary about playing in Rupp. Its basically like playing in a NBA arena during the regular season. Its basically quiet, with everyone sitting on their butts watching the game. In today college basketball world these smaller colleges probably play at more intimidating places in there own conference and louder than Rupp. Or coarse people are going to have good shooting days when a place is just quiet all the time. Until UK finally realizes that they need to put more students around the court, then its not going to be intimidating at all for people to play at Rupp. If you put more students around down by the court, then you would see the atmosphere there be a lot better.

 

Amen!! :ylsuper: While I would love to see this happen, it will never happen because of one thing...............the almighty dollar. Those blue bloods cough up the cash because it's a status symbol in Lexington, almost similar to a country club membership. Maybe they need to make the seats more comfortable for them, so they can take a nap during the game. It's a pitiful atmosphere for college basketball.

Well through the positives and the negatives, at least UK is actually fun to watch again.

 

Absolutely!:thumb:

Amen!! :ylsuper: While I would love to see this happen, it will never happen because of one thing...............the almighty dollar. Those blue bloods cough up the cash because it's a status symbol in Lexington, almost similar to a country club membership. Maybe they need to make the seats more comfortable for them, so they can take a nap during the game. It's a pitiful atmosphere for college basketball.

 

It's almost as if you have to be a VIP member to gain access to the lower section. During the 2nd half, I tried moving down as I noticed several empty seats and the old man at the top denied me, as if he were saying, "No Paupers allowed." What would it have hurt? They never check tickets or ask questions at Commonwealth Stadium.

During the past summer and early fall 99% of the chatter on here and other sites was about how unstoppable UK's offense would be once the freshmen and rest of the team learned Calipari's system. No one said very much about the all important defense. I am as guilty as the next person. But defense wins games. If your team scores 102 points it should comfortably win a game by a lot more than 10 points.

 

I think these games will be wake up calls and we will see improvements each game. At least I hope so. Teams a lot more talented than Miami, Ohio and Sam Houston await the Cats.

They have played 3 games. It is a brand new coach, and pretty much (with only a few exceptions) a brand new YOUNG team, and a new style of play.

 

Everybody's getting worried over them now? If they aren't better in January/February, then I will worry a little. But not right now. Had they lost these games, then you could worry a little bit. But even with all the areas of opportunity, they are still 3-0.

 

Cousins showed last night why he was so highly regarded. Lot of potential on this team, but still VERY young.

Allman just hit a 3 from Texas...

People aren't scared to play in Rupp because there is a small clan of students. Look at these other schools that have the students closer (i.e: Duke, Florida, Michigan State) but I guess the Blue Hairs win that argument with the money they have. Debate dead..

When Cousins comes to play he might be the best freshman in the Country IMO. I had no idea he could be such a force.

 

I know everyone is a little discouraged, but I'm not. UK has one of the best coaches in America, and plenty of talent. I think they'll be just fine.

 

Also, I agree Rupp isn't that tough to play in. It is probably a little intimidating, but I'd say most of that has went away in the last 10 years or so as well. UK fans during games don't compare to someone like Duke's or UCLA's IMO.

Allman just hit a 3 from Texas...

 

Yeah, but it banked in and he didn't call it!! :D

  • Author
When Cousins comes to play he might be the best freshman in the Country IMO. I had no idea he could be such a force.

 

I know everyone is a little discouraged, but I'm not. UK has one of the best coaches in America, and plenty of talent. I think they'll be just fine.

 

Also, I agree Rupp isn't that tough to play in. It is probably a little intimidating, but I'd say most of that has went away in the last 10 years or so as well. UK fans during games don't compare to someone like Duke's or UCLA's IMO.

 

 

I don't think anyone is discouraged about the Cats.

Good thing we were hitting 3's last night, or this one would have been really interesting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.