Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 102 Sam Houston State 92

Featured Replies

  • Author

Almond just hit one from Bluegrass Airport.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And another from runway.

Demolish that runway...

  • Author
Demolish that runway...

 

 

 

:laugh::laugh: Now we know the real reason the Cats moved out of Memorial Coliseum. Pistol Pete kept putting up huge numbers there. :lol:

Demolish that runway...

 

My "I'm serious" was being sarcastic.

 

I wouldn't want to really tear down Rupp. I thought you got the picture. I'm just saying, some player from the opposing team seems to always explode there.

 

I guess I need to either work on my sarcasm...

My "I'm serious" was being sarcastic.

 

I wouldn't want to really tear down Rupp. I thought you got the picture. I'm just saying, some player from the opposing team seems to always explode there.

 

I guess I need to either work on my sarcasm...

I caught the sarcasm. Just having fun adding to it... :D

Cats beat Sam Houston...5 on 1 isn't very fair. He should have picked up William & Mary to have at least 3.

 

Hey, we got be by Cornell. :ohbrother:

Guys! Kentucky doesn't play good half court defense because they just don't work on it like they should. I know it is a totally different style with their offense with penetration and running in transition but they don't play NO half court defense. And let me tell you, they are going to run up against some teams this year that is going to stop their penetration and close out on shooters and stick the ball and if kentucky doesn't work on their half court defense, they will not win the big game that Kentucky fans want. Execution is all about paying attention to details. Right now, Kentucky needs to really work on their half court defense. I know its early in the season, I know that already, but I can say that KY's team last year was a better half court defensive team than they are this year. With Wall, Bledsoe, Patterson, Dodson, Liggens, and more, if those guys would deny the ball and make it hard for teams to pass, you would see a totally different defensive team and they would get more points in transition. Bottom line! For Sam Houston to come in to Rupp Arena and score 92 points, that is bad. I know they won, but there shouldn't be any satisfaction when you let a team score 92 points at your home court and you have BETTER athletes. No way! I don't care who you are, you can't win the big game when it comes down to it.

We have talked about this a lot on here the last few years, and as I have said a lot of times Rupp arena really is not much of a homecourt advantage. People try to say it was just because the teams weren't that good, or the style didn't get the crowd into it. However as we see now, that is not the case. There is just nothing scary about playing in Rupp. Its basically like playing in a NBA arena during the regular season. Its basically quiet, with everyone sitting on their butts watching the game. In today college basketball world these smaller colleges probably play at more intimidating places in there own conference and louder than Rupp. Or coarse people are going to have good shooting days when a place is just quiet all the time. Until UK finally realizes that they need to put more students around the court, then its not going to be intimidating at all for people to play at Rupp. If you put more students around down by the court, then you would see the atmosphere there be a lot better.

Guys! Kentucky doesn't play good half court defense because they just don't work on it like they should. I know it is a totally different style with their offense with penetration and running in transition but they don't play NO half court defense. And let me tell you, they are going to run up against some teams this year that is going to stop their penetration and close out on shooters and stick the ball and if kentucky doesn't work on their half court defense, they will not win the big game that Kentucky fans want. Execution is all about paying attention to details. Right now, Kentucky needs to really work on their half court defense. I know its early in the season, I know that already, but I can say that KY's team last year was a better half court defensive team than they are this year. With Wall, Bledsoe, Patterson, Dodson, Liggens, and more, if those guys would deny the ball and make it hard for teams to pass, you would see a totally different defensive team and they would get more points in transition. Bottom line! For Sam Houston to come in to Rupp Arena and score 92 points, that is bad. I know they won, but there shouldn't be any satisfaction when you let a team score 92 points at your home court and you have BETTER athletes. No way! I don't care who you are, you can't win the big game when it comes down to it.

 

You do remember last years better defensive team as you say let VMI light them up from the 3 point line too, and UK lost that game. Teams lighting us up from the 3 point line is nothing new, its been going on the last couple of years. Its not like it is just happening now under Coach Cal, this was happening during Billy G too. The thing now is we have the offense to overcome it. Also just listen to what you just said, the season is still early. Also Coach Cal usually has good defensive teams, so just give it sometime that will come. This team was not going to be good on both offense and defense to start the year. Give it time, you will see the defense get better, so relax. :thumb:

I totally agree with you. You have to be patient and can't get caught up in the microwave world. It's all about what you do at the end anyway. I know the CATS got beat by VMI last year, I just thought they were more aggresive on the defensive end. I know that KY doesn't practice at Rupp everyday but when you got 23,000 people supporting you and making noise, that should make other teams have a tougher time of exucuting. Of course, if you are a team who is used to that and that is mentally tough, all that would do is be a motivator.

I am starting to think UK needs a road game.

Kentucky has some work to do. Though it's only November, they are no where near top 5. Coach Cal will get them flowing in no time though.

I only got to watch the 2nd half. I'll watch it on DVR tomorrow probably.

 

With that said, Cousins looked great. Wall looked sloppy.

 

These kids were all stars in high school. They played defense simply by being more athletic than their opponents.

 

We're used to Tubby's recruits who came in and were defensively ready. We're now bringing in more talent who will have to learn how to play defense.

 

We'll be fine.

 

Rider got whipped tonight by Virginia.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.