Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 72 Miami, OH 70

Featured Replies

:thumb: Yeah, I have to agree. I think #3 was a little too high, but UL flat out just didn't get off the bus today.

 

UL is way overrated.

 

Time will tell...

 

 

 

Just as a loss last year to WKU didn't pove UL wasn't that good this close call to Miami doesn't prove UK isn't that good. It's probably about the same. UK shouldn't be in the top 5 right now, but they'll probably be there at the end. I'd take an overall number 1 seed in March right now. UL also had a bad loss to UNLV later in the year. It's early

  • Replies 224
  • Views 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Down by 18 at one point...Wow.

 

Nice finish though.

 

I agree! :thumb:

 

Maybe not, but they are the best in the state...

 

Ugh...I don't think so. That would be Highlands! Geez get with the program. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was always under the impression that it was how good the teams are or will be right now, but I think I read somewhere in here where somebody said that it's where they're supposed to be at seasons end, so now I honestly don't know.

 

I'd always assumed the pre-season rankings were projecting how good they thought these teams would by season's end, i.e., ranking them based on their probability to win it all in March/April.

 

The post of yours I quoted made me reconsider.

 

I'm like you...I honestly don't know. I just had a different impression going in.

 

It seems like week-to-week rankings should be for the present...even at the start. Obviously as the season progresses, they take that format. I suppose I've just always viewed the pre-season rankings in a different light.

 

Perhaps somebody can enlighten us. :D

Just as a loss last year to WKU didn't pove UL wasn't that good this close call to Miami doesn't prove UK isn't that good. It's probably about the same. UK shouldn't be in the top 5 right now, but they'll probably be there at the end. I'd take an overall number 1 seed in March right now. UL also had a bad loss to UNLV later in the year. It's early

 

The bolded is my only point in this debate... I've said several times that UK has the potential to be that good and very well may be by seasons end.

I suppose I've just always viewed the pre-season rankings in a different light.

 

This is a perfect example of how two individuals can look at the same thing and interpret it in completely different ways. :thumb: Now I'm really curious to find out.

He and Bledsoe looked like freshmen for most of the game. You can't drive on 3 or 4 guys all night.There are going to be some growing pains with this team and they are going to take some lumps before they hit stride. I see several losses coming.The talent is there but the college game experience is not.

 

It seems to me that they are totally out of control.

To me this isn't much of a surprise. Cole is an excellent coach. His players are more talented than I thought they would be. UK is simply not that great right now. Their defense isn't very good, particularly at defending the 3. They have a ton of freshmen that are being counted on and its going to take a while. This team is going to lose some games and thats to be expected. But the talent is there and its going to take a while. Really UK was lucky to win. They got a few breaks officiating wise and at the same time made great plays down the stretch to win.

Seriously? UK shot over 50% from 3 last night.

 

Thanks to Dodson. I think Patterson and Miller were 1 for 1 each. They didn't shoot a lot of 3s last night, because they can't hit them.

I was always under the impression that it was how good the teams are or will be right now, but I think I read somewhere in here where somebody said that it's where they're supposed to be at seasons end, so now I honestly don't know.

 

I saw an article just the other day from John Clay or somebody that specifically stated, "KY is not the number 2 team in the country right now, but they should be towards the end of the season when it matters," or something to that effect.

To me this isn't much of a surprise. Cole is an excellent coach. .

 

I 100% agree with that statement. Cole may get beat by a team with more talent but seldom will the man get outcoached, He is excellent.

Thanks to Dodson. I think Patterson and Miller were 1 for 1 each. They didn't shoot a lot of 3s last night, because they can't hit them.

 

This teams strength is inside. Period. After that it is penetration with the guards quickness. They need to improve their defense and free throw shooting along with just getting use to each other while learning a new system. If those things happen, and I think they will. I will not worry at all about the 3's because the other things will take care of it. JMO.

A win is a win I suppose...Glad Wall was able to hit a game winner in his college debut.

 

2 thoughts:

1) UK has to shoot better from the line.

2) John Wall is crazy fast.

I will not worry at all about the 3's because the other things will take care of it. JMO.

 

Much more talented teams than Miami are going to force them to make outside jumpers as the season rolls along. Count on that one...

I don't care how quick or fast Wall and Bledsoe are, they need to understand that they still can't dribble through 3 defenders collapsing on them out of a zone. It didn't work last night and it won't work much the rest of the season. Wall actually got bailed out a few times after forcing his way through when the ref called a foul on Miami.

 

UK looked bad and lazy last night on perimeter defense. They did against Morehead as well, but Morehead just didn't hit their 3's or that game would have been closer. But I will say that it's hard to hit 15 treys even when you're open. However, all the 3's were not uncontested. Miami was just on fire last night. I told the guy sitting next to me that #20 probably wouldn't get in double digits his next game. UK brings out the best in everyone. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. These youngsters need to understand that and be ready every game. No one is going to roll over and die simply because they're playing UK.

 

UK is very talented and when they all get to clicking on the same page they will put games like this one away. I don't think a rematch of these two teams in February would be a very difficult win for the Cats. They are a work in progress. Basicly all their players are freshmen, even the returning players due to the fact that Cal's system is as new to them as it is Wall or Cousins.

I don't care how quick or fast Wall and Bledsoe are, they need to understand that they still can't dribble through 3 defenders collapsing on them out of a zone. It didn't work last night and it won't work much the rest of the season. Wall actually got bailed out a few times after forcing his way through when the ref called a foul on Miami.

 

UK looked bad and lazy last night on perimeter defense. They did against Morehead as well, but Morehead just didn't hit their 3's or that game would have been closer. But I will say that it's hard to hit 15 treys even when you're open. However, all the 3's were not uncontested. Miami was just on fire last night. I told the guy sitting next to me that #20 probably wouldn't get in double digits his next game. UK brings out the best in everyone. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. These youngsters need to understand that and be ready every game. No one is going to roll over and die simply because they're playing UK.

 

UK is very talented and when they all get to clicking on the same page they will put games like this one away. I don't think a rematch of these two teams in February would be a very difficult win for the Cats. They are a work in progress. Basicly all their players are freshmen, even the returning players due to the fact that Cal's system is as new to them as it is Wall or Cousins.

 

:thumb:

 

Cal and company have a lot of work to do...fortunately, for a change, they have a lot to work with.

 

It should be interesting...and fun to watch.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.