Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 72 Miami, OH 70

Featured Replies

I just feel really bad for Miami of Ohio. Grew up a UK fan, still am. The calls by the refs were just so blatant it kinda took the fun out of the game. The goaltend by Stevenson wasn't even close, but it wasn't called.

 

UK will be so much better come March, that's a given.

 

 

I agree with the Stevenson goal tending. That was a terrible no call. They missed some things both ways, especially Orton getting hit with what looked to be a flagrant elbow. Kentucky went to the line a lot more because they were driving to the basket while Miami was content to come off screens and shoot the three, but as is usually the case at Rupp Arena, especially against non confernece opponents that UK is supposed to beat, the Cats tend to get more breaks their way.

  • Replies 224
  • Views 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just feel really bad for Miami of Ohio. Grew up a UK fan, still am. The calls by the refs were just so blatant it kinda took the fun out of the game. The goaltend by Stevenson wasn't even close, but it wasn't called.

 

UK will be so much better come March, that's a given.

 

I am sure that was a make-up call for missing the dude trying to take Orton's head off. That is a point of emphasis, and that was obviously not a "natural" arm motion.

UK will be very good, and they have the talent to be very special. There is no denying that... At the same time, like you said, it needs to be toned down. The 100-48 predictions are comical at best. They aren't the 5th best team in the country right now. They very well could end up there, but I think it's more than fair to say at this point, they may have been a wee bit over-hyped to start the year.

 

I agree.:thumb:

UK will be very good, and they have the talent to be very special. There is no denying that... At the same time, like you said, it needs to be toned down. The 100-48 predictions are comical at best. They aren't the 5th best team in the country right now. They very well could end up there, but I think it's more than fair to say at this point, they may have been a wee bit over-hyped to start the year.

 

 

There is no doubt that UK is over rated at this point. I think at times this year they will look like world beaters, and at times they will look like they did tonight. That's what you get from such a young team. I think Saturday night is looking very good for this young team to suffer their first loss if it doesn't come Thursday night.

UK will be very good, and they have the talent to be very special. There is no denying that... At the same time, like you said, it needs to be toned down. The 100-48 predictions are comical at best. They aren't the 5th best team in the country right now. They very well could end up there, but I think it's more than fair to say at this point, they may have been a wee bit over-hyped to start the year.

 

I don't think they were over-hyped at all. Individually they are all that good, but together it will take a month or so to get in sync. And who cares about rankings anyways. I don't get why people make such a big deal out of it. I know it's cliche, but it only matters where you end up. 5th, or 105th, all I care to see is them play good on the floor. I just don't get into rankings.

I am sure that was a make-up call for missing the dude trying to take Orton's head off. That is a point of emphasis, and that was obviously not a "natural" arm motion.

 

Two post moves for Miami resulting in two made field goals waved off by travelling calls. Another player driving to the basket was fouled hard and no call made and ref gets the Miami player for travelling again all late in the game. UK's guard were never called for palming or turning the ball over and they did it several times.

 

I will take the win, but this was borderline stealing a game from kids. Should be thankful it was a home game and not a neutral site or away game.

 

Still was exciting though. Coach Cole is a classic.

Dodson needs more minutes.:thumb:

Harris needs a cigar and a seat.

Coach Cole was well prepared and the players hit the open shots.

Coach Cal will try to wear the other team down and save his TO's.

Any leaks concerning Liggins???

UK will be very good, and they have the talent to be very special. There is no denying that... At the same time, like you said, it needs to be toned down. The 100-48 predictions are comical at best. They aren't the 5th best team in the country right now. They very well could end up there, but I think it's more than fair to say at this point, they may have been a wee bit over-hyped to start the year.

I couldn't agree more. I think a lot of UK fans needed this game to bring them back to earth.

There is no doubt that UK is over rated at this point. I think at times this year they will look like world beaters, and at times they will look like they did tonight. That's what you get from such a young team. I think Saturday night is looking very good for this young team to suffer their first loss if it doesn't come Thursday night.

 

I agree. They just beat Miss. St.

Always glad to see you again my friend.

Sorry I missed meeting Super tonight.

 

 

 

Dodson needs more minutes.:thumb:

Harris needs a cigar and a seat.

Coach Cole was well prepared and the players hit the open shots.

Coach Cal will try to wear the other team down and save his TO's.

Any leaks concerning Liggins???

 

Yes, I know but not going to post the reason. We should see him back maybe this week or next.

Edited by rockmom
Fixed

Glad to see some of the Wildcats woke up and quit relying on talent and put their faith in hard work.

I agree with the Stevenson goal tending. That was a terrible no call. They missed some things both ways, especially Orton getting hit with what looked to be a flagrant elbow. Kentucky went to the line a lot more because they were driving to the basket while Miami was content to come off screens and shoot the three, but as is usually the case at Rupp Arena, especially against non confernece opponents that UK is supposed to beat, the Cats tend to get more breaks their way.

 

Actually, the elbow didn't make contact. The cut came from Orton and a Miami player butting heads. He reached for his head before the elbow was swung. However, according to Baker, swinging an elbow which is not in your normal rebounding motion was supposed to be a point of emphasis this year, and they let that one go.

 

I thought they let both teams get away with some travels and fouls. I have to give it up for Miami, they were nailing the 3 ball all night. UK must defend it better or a better team will pull away for the win with a game shooting the ball like that.

I didn't get to watch the game, I had to listen to it on the radio... So I can't say this definitively, but this sounds like the kind of Gardner Webb/VMI game that we've seen the last two seasons where the 'Cats just couldn't pull it out in the end -- But this time they did.

 

I've learned over the last few years to never pencil in any win, so just as long as they get the W I'm not going to complain this morning.

Wall is amazing.

 

He and Bledsoe looked like freshmen for most of the game. You can't drive on 3 or 4 guys all night.There are going to be some growing pains with this team and they are going to take some lumps before they hit stride. I see several losses coming.The talent is there but the college game experience is not.

Should anyone be able to check back in 2012 then it just means we are still here :cool:, if no one is left like some of these idiots are saying then no one can check anything.:idunno::D

 

:thumb:

Glad to see some of the Wildcats woke up and quit relying on talent and put their faith in hard work.

 

They wasn't working hard before?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.