Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 72 Miami, OH 70

Featured Replies

I still believe Liggins will be a big boost to this team when he becomes available.

  • Replies 224
  • Views 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still believe Liggins will be a big boost to this team when he becomes available.

 

I think your right. He just need to keep his mouth shut at practice it seems.

I think your right. He just need to keep his mouth shut at practice it seems.

 

 

That is not the problem.

What is the deal with Liggins? Does anyone know? Or is it a secret that no one can spill the beans about? I was expecting to see a different player under Cal. And, maybe he is. I wouldn't know since he's yet to take his warm-ups off.

 

Has he neglected the books and is being punished for it or something?

That's what I'm hearing.

 

 

You're hearing wrong. :lol:

I'm not sure they have anybody on the team that can be a consistent shooter from long range this season...I don't see Wall or Bledsoe becoming that guy, that's not Darius Miller's game...Dodson is the only guy on the team that you'd consistently feel OK with shooting 3's. Harrelson is a good shooter, but I'm not sure you want him outside bombing threes all the time.

 

They've got some great pieces for the offense, but they're missing the guy(s) to balance it out and stretch the defense.

 

Hopefully, (more realistically) all of the guys can pick it up a notch and knock down enough long balls on any given night to open things up...it doesn't have to be the same guy as long as somebody does it. However, when that's the case, you know there are going to be games when its just not dropping for anybody, and when that happens it can be ugly.

 

The good news this year is that UK has enough talent and athleticism to give themselves a chance to win even if they struggle offensively...assuming they compete on the defensive end the way they should.

 

It's gonna be a fun year, because whether UK makes it to the final weekend or not, everybody knows they have the potential to be that good. That alone is a gigantic leap forward. :lol:

 

Krebs is the only guy outside of Dodson that can really knock it down from 3...

You're hearing wrong. :lol:

 

:thumb:

 

I assume he's alluding to the mythical incident with Krebs in practice....:idunno:

Krebs is the only guy outside of Dodson that can really knock it down from 3...

 

I forgot about Krebs. He might be a valuable player in a limited role before this season is done. (See Cameron Mills.)

What is the deal with Liggins? Does anyone know? Or is it a secret that no one can spill the beans about? I was expecting to see a different player under Cal. And, maybe he is. I wouldn't know since he's yet to take his warm-ups off.

 

Has he neglected the books and is being punished for it or something?

goldsunrise knows but won't give up the info. I guess we will have to make a trip to Winchester for some water boarding. :cool:

So are you guys ready to believe what I have been saying about this team yet? The potential to be great is there, but the execution and development of the system have a long way to go and disciplined teams are going to give them fits...

 

 

You went out on a limb with that....

Krebs is the only guy outside of Dodson that can really knock it down from 3...

 

I think Hood will help when he's healthy too.

Anybody want to PM me with the Liggins scoop? Seems several people know but won't spill it on the public forums. I'll keep it out of the treads too. Just curious.

If Miami knocks down 15 3's they can play with anyone.

 

Only post I thought was worth replying to...

 

I agree with this statement 100%...UK will struggle, But a close win like this in the 2nd game of the season, Shouldn't determine if UK is really the 5th ranked team in the nation...So that statement was garbage...IMO

I love what Cal had to say in his presser, "Did you see how our guys reacted when they got down by 18"? I love the fact that this team had the talent to lock people down on a career shooting night and overcame 15 three's. To get within three at the half after being down 18 was incredible. Loved the fact that this team got a wakeup call early on. Like Cal said, we are everybody's "Superbowl". That is a fact. They will get everyone's silver bullet. Will be very interesting to see Miami's next effort.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.