Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 72 Miami, OH 70

Featured Replies

Have we forgotten about Tubby's last two seasons? :thumb: I think most fans have blotted those two years out of their memory.

 

I don't think anyone has forgotten Tubby's last 2 seasons. It is just to hard to remember them with the last 2 we had with BCG. Tubby's last 2 where no where close to being as bad as what we have had for the last 2 seasons.

  • Replies 224
  • Views 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think anyone has forgotten Tubby's last 2 seasons. It is just to hard to remember them with the last 2 we had with BCG. Tubby's last 2 where no where close to being as bad as what we have had for the last 2 seasons.

 

:thumb:

I don't think anyone has forgotten Tubby's last 2 seasons. It is just to hard to remember them with the last 2 we had with BCG. Tubby's last 2 where no where close to being as bad as what we have had for the last 2 seasons.

 

:thumb:

 

So the thrashings, nay humiliations we recieved from Kansas and Indiana in 06 were that easy to forget? Last time I checked, at least Billy G could beat Florida and Vandy at home. Billy G's two seasons here were awful, but Tubby's last two were no walk in the park either.

Are we really gonna have a conversation about which one is better, Tubby or Billy G. ? Come on guys both have good and bad points.

I don't think anyone has forgotten Tubby's last 2 seasons. It is just to hard to remember them with the last 2 we had with BCG. Tubby's last 2 where no where close to being as bad as what we have had for the last 2 seasons.

 

Some losses under Tubby's watch:

Penn St.

Western Ky

Team Nike

UAB

Pittsburgh

Dayton

All unranked.

I did not include conference losses to unranked teams. There were many..

Have we forgotten about Tubby's last two seasons? :thumb: I think most fans have blotted those two years out of their memory.

 

Have not forgotten, but not as bad as some of you all make it sound like. I mean still made the tournament, and still won in the NCAA tournament. I mean yeah by KY standards that is not to great, however if you want to talk about bad then bad is the two years Billy G was here.

So the thrashings, nay humiliations we recieved from Kansas and Indiana in 06 were that easy to forget? Last time I checked, at least Billy G could beat Florida and Vandy at home. Billy G's two seasons here were awful, but Tubby's last two were no walk in the park either.

 

Last time I checked at least Tubby could beat our in state rival in Louisville. Also at least Tubby could beat teams like Gardner Webb, VMI, etc. I mean Tubby did lose to a WKU, and Penn St. during his 10 years, however if people remember those teams also were NCAA tournament teams. The teams we lost to the last few years were just bad.

Some losses under Tubby's watch:

Penn St.

Western Ky

Team Nike

UAB

Pittsburgh

Dayton

All unranked.

I did not include conference losses to unranked teams. There were many..

 

You just listed all teams, that I believe made the tournament that year that they beat UK as well. Penn St did, Western did, Pittsburgh did, and think Dayton did too. So not that good to compare those losses to the likes of Gardner Webb, etc. Tubby also won a National Championship, SEC Championships, SEC tournament Championships, #1 overall seeds in the NCAA tournament, and multiple elite 8 finishes. I always found it funny when people say if he made a final four we would have liked him. I mean even if he did make one final four during those elite 8 years and then lost. The same people still woudln't have liked him, because he wasn't Pitino. Tubby was not nearly as bad as the Tubby bashers try to make it seem to be. Yeah he wasn't Pitino, which had a run that most coaches in history can't say they had. However Tubby was also still a great coach, just like any coach really didn't stand much of a chance in following a legend which Pitino was while here.

  • Author

Why does it always turn into a Tubby bashing thread?

Why does it always turn into a Tubby bashing thread?

 

Who knows? However it seems like it finally has died down some, and doesn't happen as much anymore which is a good thing.

Have not forgotten, but not as bad as some of you all make it sound like. I mean still made the tournament, and still won in the NCAA tournament. I mean yeah by KY standards that is not to great, however if you want to talk about bad then bad is the two years Billy G was here.

 

Last time I checked at least Tubby could beat our in state rival in Louisville. Also at least Tubby could beat teams like Gardner Webb, VMI, etc. I mean Tubby did lose to a WKU, and Penn St. during his 10 years, however if people remember those teams also were NCAA tournament teams. The teams we lost to the last few years were just bad.

 

Billy G didn't exactly take over a dynasty when he first got here. Just to refresh everyones memories, most people loved Billy G after his first year here. He won SEC co-coach of the year honors, and manage to do a lot of things that Tubby failed to do. By no means am I taking up for Billy G, or trying to bash Tubby here. I just don't want to see Tubby get the green light for his past couple seasons. He was as much to fault in the shape we were in as Billy G.

Why does it always turn into a Tubby bashing thread?

 

That's one way to look at it. Another way is a "taking up for Tubby" thread.

Billy G didn't exactly take over a dynasty when he first got here. Just to refresh everyones memories, most people loved Billy G after his first year here. He won SEC co-coach of the year honors, and manage to do a lot of things that Tubby failed to do. By no means am I taking up for Billy G, or trying to bash Tubby here. I just don't want to see Tubby get the green light for his past couple seasons. He was as much to fault in the shape we were in as Billy G.

 

What were a lot of things that Tubby failed to do? If wins over Vandy, and Florida is all you got then that is not much. Especially considering that Florida was no better than an NIT team the two years Billy G faced them. Also we have no clue how the last two years would have went with Tubby. I doubt we would have missed the tournament though. Shoot we might have been really good, because if Tubby stays Morris probably stays. Then not to mention there was a great chance that Jai Lucas, and Patterson were both coming here. Also if Tubby was here Meeks might not miss the season like he did with Billy G and him running him even when he was hurt. Also Jasper might not leave then. If Tubby would have stayed, I say there is a much better chance that things would have actually started to get better than they were his last two years, and definitely better than what they were during Billy G's two years.

What were a lot of things that Tubby failed to do? If wins over Vandy, and Florida is all you got then that is not much. Especially considering that Florida was no better than an NIT team the two years Billy G faced them. Also we have no clue how the last two years would have went with Tubby. I doubt we would have missed the tournament though. Shoot we might have been really good, because if Tubby stays Morris probably stays. Then not to mention there was a great chance that Jai Lucas, and Patterson were both coming here. Also if Tubby was here Meeks might not miss the season like he did with Billy G and him running him even when he was hurt. Also Jasper might not leave then. If Tubby would have stayed, I say there is a much better chance that things would have actually started to get better than they were his last two years, and definitely better than what they were during Billy G's two years.

 

:laugh: Yeah, I've heard all this before. I'm not trying to debate who the better coach was. I'm just saying Tubby's last two years were horrible. Slice that up any way you like. The man had Rondo, Morris, Hayes Bradley, and Crawford in 06 and still managed to put together yet another KY team filled with turmoil and barely making the tournament.

Goodness, I feel like I've been dropped back into 2005! :lol:

 

No kidding man, what's the deal?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.