Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 72 Miami, OH 70

Featured Replies

Anyone else see Wall limping at the end of the game?

  • Replies 224
  • Views 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Check back in 2012.

 

Should anyone be able to check back in 2012 then it just means we are still here :cool:, if no one is left like some of these idiots are saying then no one can check anything.:idunno::D

Anyone else see Wall limping at the end of the game?

 

Yes I did and I was listening to his interview with the radio crew afterwards and nothing was mentioned.

As long as Coach Cal presses the importance of free throws. That cost him a national title at Memphis, they shot like 55% as a team that season if memory serves me right.

 

:thumb: He even mentioned that on his radio show in joking he said.......Typical Coach Cal team, can't shoot free throws and laughed it off. I am sure he takes it more serious than that, at least I hope he does.

Just got in from the game. My goodness what a barn burner. Miami deserved to win the game tonight. They played their hearts out. I have never seen a team hit 3 pointers like they did tonight. UK has a lot to work on, but it was great to get the win despite all of the bad shots, missed free throws, missed defensive assignments, and turnovers. It was great listening to Coach Cal after the game tonight. You talk about a night and day difference between listening to him and Gillispie after a game. He is just so so positive. He did warn about Rider coming up Thursday, and how they love to shoot the 3. He said their 4 and 5 come out, and love to shoot the three. He said this team was have a lot of growing pains, but he still loves the team he's got. It will be an exciting year of basketball, one where I'm sure we'll see a lot of games like we did tonight.

Yes I did and I was listening to his interview with the radio crew afterwards and nothing was mentioned.

 

Cramps.

Just got in from the game. My goodness what a barn burner. Miami deserved to win the game tonight. They played their hearts out. I have never seen a team hit 3 pointers like they did tonight. UK has a lot to work on, but it was great to get the win despite all of the bad shots, missed free throws, missed defensive assignments, and turnovers. It was great listening to Coach Cal after the game tonight. You talk about a night and day difference between listening to him and Gillispie after a game. He is just so so positive. He did warn about Rider coming up Thursday, and how they love to shoot the 3. He said their 4 and 5 come out, and love to shoot the three. He said this team was have a lot of growing pains, but he still loves the team he's got. It will be an exciting year of basketball, one where I'm sure we'll see a lot of games like we did tonight.

 

You are right, they played great tonight. However, I will go on record and say Miami will not get close to 15 3's the rest of the season.

You are right, they played great tonight. However, I will go on record and say Miami will not get close to 15 3's the rest of the season.

 

 

They probably won't,and I'm sure they won't get as many open looks as they did tonight either.

I just read through that. Got a good laugh. :popcorn:

 

What do you expect from us UK fans.

 

The win didn't look good, but (I am sure you have said this before) a win is a win.

 

IMO both sides needs to just settle down a bit. I will same the same thing to the UK detractors as to the UK fans. This team is very young and will get much better with time.

:thumb: He even mentioned that on his radio show in joking he said.......Typical Coach Cal team, can't shoot free throws and laughed it off. I am sure he takes it more serious than that, at least I hope he does.

 

The only reason I remember it even being so bad is at the Final Four press conference he was asked about his teams poor free throw shooting and he kind of smarted off to the reporter about how they didn't matter that much and his players would hit them when they counted, and then they didn't hit them against Kansas for the win.

 

I do figure he's smart enough to not make that mistake twice though.

In one word "referees."

 

 

What about them?

This is going to be a work in progress...going to be ups and downs along the way.

On defense this team has a long ways to go. Im a little concerned on closeouts on the perimeter because we have seen this the whole exhibition season and some the other night.

Tonight the big issue was dealing with screens, knowing when to switch and when not to switch. Charlie Coles is an excellent coach and I have seen him at clinics and he runs some very good stuff.

As with all young players defense and learning how to play defense hard all the time is difficult to pick up. Leaving the man with the ball not being within and arms length of shooters, and not communicating through screens is what really did us in tonight.

Give Miami credit, they were on fire.

UK has a few guys that have a long ways to go. Dodson is easily the worst defender on the floor...I just dont see that maximum effort by him on the defensive end. Same with Cousins. He will continue to be in foul trouble until he starts playing defense with his feet.

On offense, I still see the DDM as more of a selling point to recruits and the "unleashing" of individual play. I wouldn't really call it a gimmick or a fad offense, but eventually teams will counter it.

It really isn't that much different from a 4 out 1 in motion. You penetrate gaps, look to absorb contact and pitch to the perimeter then attack again. Its great for players who like to take it off the bounce and get to the rim.

On offense, it is all about recognition and patience. Knowing where to go with the ball and where to throw it under control. Wall and Bledsoe tend to play too fast and force things. Still need to throw it to the post.

Made some careless mistakes in crucial times but thats going to happen with young teams.

Bottom line is that we got a win and it is our best start in three years.

I just feel really bad for Miami of Ohio. Grew up a UK fan, still am. The calls by the refs were just so blatant it kinda took the fun out of the game. The goaltend by Stevenson wasn't even close, but it wasn't called.

 

UK will be so much better come March, that's a given.

What do you expect from us UK fans.

 

The win didn't look good, but (I am sure you have said this before) a win is a win.

 

IMO both sides needs to just settle down a bit. I will same the same thing to the UK detractors as to the UK fans. This team is very young and will get much better with time.

 

UK will be very good, and they have the talent to be very special. There is no denying that... At the same time, like you said, it needs to be toned down. The 100-48 predictions are comical at best. They aren't the 5th best team in the country right now. They very well could end up there, but I think it's more than fair to say at this point, they may have been a wee bit over-hyped to start the year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.