November 17, 200916 yr I'm no mathematician as if it wasn't obvious enough the other day when I couldn't count the final margin. But anyone think their 40 point win predictions for this game were crazy now in hindsight? And for the record I have to rub it in somewhere because my wife had about broken our tv when I got back from the Ole Miss game tonight.
November 17, 200916 yr If this team doesn't start shooting the trey better, I don't see them going as far in the tourney as what a lot of people predict.
November 17, 200916 yr At this point I can only think we are going to need to start looking for Wall, Bledsoe, and more importantly Darius, Dodson, Patterson some, and whomever else to start shooting a bit more from the outside to try and get teams out of the zone. Miami packed it in and simply asked Wall and Bledsoe to bring it at them. One against two or three is going to struggle. Wall did some good things getting players out of position on the dribble opening up passes but Bledsoe struggled a bit. Cousins, Orton, PPat finally seemed to pick it up some the last ten minutes and really brought the intensity on both sides of the court. This team will need to get the mid range and threes to fall to start spreading out teams. Wouldn't mind seeing a bit more intensity, never thought i'd say it about this current group but we were outhustled a lot tonight. Darius is still too inconsistent, but his burst in the second half is promising. The kid has the talent, he just needs to realize the on/off switch needs to stay turned on. Dodson is the same way, the kid plays well in spurts, but too off and on. Bledsoe came back down to earth some this game showing a bit of the immaturity we expect from these fresman occassionally. Cousins showed some grit late and for tonight at least retired the lazy tag people got on him. PPat is PPat, still trying to figure out his place in the offense some, but you simply can't argue with this guy's motor. Orton is currently the guy on this team that is doing a lot of the little things right and I'm really gonna like him the next few years. Wall is Wall, the kid has ridiculous talent. Pushed a little too much at times trying to create but as I said, we are going to have to get teams out of the zone for him and Bledsoe to be most effective. Still Wall gets people out of positon, makes the passes, can draw the fouls, and is a pleasure to watch. Did anyone doubt our chances with six seconds left and wall going down the floor? (I honestly didn't)
November 17, 200916 yr Cal told Cousins,"If you have a frown on your face your coming out." I heard that, lol. btw bbbi......I am not a huge Bengal fan but I do like your avatar, that looks sharp.
November 17, 200916 yr I'm no mathematician as if it wasn't obvious enough the other day when I couldn't count the final margin. But anyone think their 40 point win predictions for this game were crazy now in hindsight? . :lol: I didn't predict a 40 point blowout but mine was bad enough, I think I had 83-57 or something like that.
November 17, 200916 yr :lol: I didn't predict a 40 point blowout but mine was bad enough, I think I had 83-57 or something like that. The sad part is that you may have been the closest out of everybody. :lol:
November 17, 200916 yr Has nothing to do with the outrageous score predictions that were obviously wrong... I picked an outrageous margin, I think it was like 100-48 or something like that. Most of my reasoning was hope and to see a great game by Wall and Co. and the rest was belief in their ability and talent level over a lesser Miami school. I was way wrong but am still glad I picked UK to win. :thumb:
November 17, 200916 yr Well you can look at this game from two ways. 1.) Should have never allowed a team to make 15 three's in a game. Or 2.) Still found a way to win, even though the opposing team made 15 three's. It wasn't pretty Wall, and Bledsoe tried to do to much. Bledsoe is probably use to having the ball in his hands more, so when he did have it he tried to do to much to make plays. Wall early in the game looked like he was trying to do to much. Them two are going to need to learn how to play together, and not try to out do each other but just play as team. They are good enough their points will come and the team will do better at the end of it. I know I am just happy they found a way to win, this game is the kind of game that is good for them to go through before having UNC come to town in a few weeks.
November 17, 200916 yr Well you can look at this game from two ways. 1.) Should have never allowed a team to make 15 three's in a game. Or 2.) Still found a way to win, even though the opposing team made 15 three's. It wasn't pretty Wall, and Bledsoe tried to do to much. Bledsoe is probably use to having the ball in his hands more, so when he did have it he tried to do to much to make plays. Wall early in the game looked like he was trying to do to much. Them two are going to need to learn how to play together, and not try to out do each other but just play as team. They are good enough their points will come and the team will do better at the end of it. I know I am just happy they found a way to win, this game is the kind of game that is good for them to go through before having UNC come to town in a few weeks. :thumb: They needed a game like this. Bledsoe plays a litte out of control at times, like the first half the Morehead-St. game. Cousins made a couple of freshmen mistakes as well, but they'll learn with experience.
November 17, 200916 yr On a positive note, I just walked outside and the Earth seems to be still rotating on it's axis, and the moon is out?? Good news is Cats are 2-0 and if Wall can shoot FT's, he will get an extra 8-10/night, because he will cause some serious matchup issues for most teams!!
November 17, 200916 yr On a positive note, I just walked outside and the Earth seems to be still rotating on it's axis, and the moon is out?? Good news is Cats are 2-0 and if Wall can shoot FT's, he will get an extra 8-10/night, because he will cause some serious matchup issues for most teams!! Check back in 2012.
November 17, 200916 yr UK looked young, inexperienced, and sloppy. Still overcame, but they have a LONG way to go. But I will take a sloppy win over a pretty loss anyday.
November 17, 200916 yr UK looked young, inexperienced, and sloppy. Still overcame, but they have a LONG way to go. But I will take a sloppy win over a pretty loss anyday. :thumb::thumb: Yes Sir!! These Cats do have a long way to go, no doubt and I have no doubts they will get there, it will just take time getting used to each other, the system and coach Cal. We need to remember they have only had something like 22 practices with Patterson and a team full of Freshmen and Sophomores.
November 17, 200916 yr :thumb::thumb: Yes Sir!! These Cats do have a long way to go, no doubt and I have no doubts they will get there, it will just take time getting used to each other, the system and coach Cal. We need to remember they have only had something like 22 practices with Patterson and a team full of Freshmen and Sophomores. As long as Coach Cal presses the importance of free throws. That cost him a national title at Memphis, they shot like 55% as a team that season if memory serves me right.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.