Lawrence County 19 Knox Central 0

UKBLUE1964

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a thread about this earlier in the year, but I wonder if there's ever been a turnaround of this magnitude in KY HS football history. I want to say that the odds are that SOMEBODY has done this before (winless to unbeaten regular season), but in that thread, I don't think anyone was able to find one... congrats to LC on quite the magical season!

I don't have the solid facts, just what I've been hearing. The word I got was this was the first time in KY football history that a team went from winless to undefeated the next season, and I'm prety sure no one went winless to 12-0 the very next season. Congrats to the Dawgs in this spectacular turn around.

We had a thread about this earlier in the year, but I wonder if there's ever been a turnaround of this magnitude in KY HS football history. I want to say that the odds are that SOMEBODY has done this before (winless to unbeaten regular season), but in that thread, I don't think anyone was able to find one... congrats to LC on quite the magical season!

One person emailed me and said that they thought East Carter had done it, but I can't find any record of that or anyone to confirm it. Unless someone can give me some information to state otherwise I would have to say this is the greatest turnaround in the history of KY high school football.

One person emailed me and said that they thought East Carter had done it, but I can't find any record of that or anyone to confirm it. Unless someone can give me some information to state otherwise I would have to say this is the greatest turnaround in the history of KY high school football.

East Carter went 11-0 in the early 90's, but wasn't playing in a district that year and their schedule was weaker I'm sure. Good job Dawgs...keep it going.

Before it comes up from another LC fan I want to defend some of the KC players that got into a little tit-for-tat arguement with the LC Fans in the fourth quarter. I was standing behind the endzone as usual and some of the fans shouted things such as "get your bus warmed up you've got a long ride home", "got dog bit didn't you", "don't worry you can try again next year". Someone specifically yelled "Hey #54" before the try next year comment. Myself and some other fans spoke up and even pulled some of these people aside to tell them to show some more respect to these kids. While these particular comments weren't abusive or threatening they were disrespectful and unnessesary to a group of teenage boys that had to be heartbroken at the time. I want to personally apologize to the players, coaches and fans of KC for this occuring. When you have a thousand fans at a game you will always have 4 or 5 idiots.

With that being said #54 and some other players turned around and waved their arms up as if to say keep it coming we can handle it. I NEVER heard any player say anything inappropriate or rude to the fans. They never acted mean or rude. They handled it very, very well considering how loud the LC fans were and how upset they had to be.

I left the field with about 9 seconds left in game but I was told that the principal of KC was so upset had to be "talked to" by the police after the game, but I did not see this for myself.

Edited by mcpapa
R8.

East Carter went 11-0 in the early 90's, but wasn't playing in a district that year and their schedule was weaker I'm sure. Good job Dawgs...keep it going.

I appreciate this information. :thumb: What was their record the year before?

Before it comes up from another LC fan I want to defend some of the KC players that got into a little tit-for-tat arguement with the LC Fans in the fourth quarter. I was standing behind the endzone as usual and some of the fans shouted things such as "get your bus warmed up you've got a long ride home", "got dog bit didn't you", "don't worry you can try again next year". Someone specifically yelled "Hey #54" before the try next year comment. Myself and some other fans spoke up and even pulled some of these people aside to tell them to show some more respect to these kids. While these particular comments weren't abusive or threatening they were disrespectful and unnessesary to a group of teenage boys that had to be heartbroken at the time. I want to personally apologize to the players, coaches and fans of KC for this occuring. When you have a thousand fans at a game you will always have 4 or 5 idiots.

With that being said #54 and some other players turned around and waved their arms up as if to say keep it coming we can handle it. I NEVER heard any player say anything inappropriate or rude to the fans. They never acted mean or rude. They handled it very, very well considering how loud the LC fans were and how upset they had to be.

I left the field with about 9 seconds left in game but I was told that the principal of KC was so upset had to be "talked to" by the police after the game, but I did not see this for myself.

Thank you for posting that.

Edited by mcpapa
Fixed quote.

Congratulations to Lawrence County. That is indeed a spectacular turnaround and well deserved.

Congrats to the Panthers on another fine season in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year. They say good bye to three offensive starters and return everyone else on both sides. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Very classy as most Lawrence Co fans seem to be!:thumb:

Edited by mcpapa
Fixed quote.

Defense was lights out again! 7 shutouts last 8 games for the starters I think it is. Knox had around 50 yds the first drive and 58 the rest of the game. They are a great program and should be preseason top 10 next year.

James rushed for around 150 and Pack around 120. LC with close too 300yds on the ground. Great last game for our Srs on their home field! They have gone from 4 wins their first 3 years of high school to 12-0!!!

They started on the 23 I think and got just inside their own 20 so it was around 80 yards on that 1st drive. I would also say tyhat KC had more than 58 yards the rest of the game because there were a few series that they picked up 2 or 3 1st downs, mostly on short passes. Other than the first 2 series this was a very good and very tight game! Fun game to watch!

They started on the 23 I think and got just inside their own 20 so it was around 80 yards on that 1st drive. I would also say tyhat KC had more than 58 yards the rest of the game because there were a few series that they picked up 2 or 3 1st downs, mostly on short passes. Other than the first 2 series this was a very good and very tight game! Fun game to watch!

Per KHSAA site: Knox Central 76 Rushing and 31 Passing for 107 yards. After the first drive they only had 2 first downs and one of those was on a penalty. I know we had a lot of 3 and out's on defense which looked like it wore them down at the end of the game.

Edited by stick1

I appreciate this information. :thumb: What was their record the year before?

East Carter went 11 - 0 in the 1989 season, then went 0 -11 in 1990 and also 0-10 in 1991. Per KHSAA Site

You've got to be kidding me. A bunch of older men taunting some teenage kids? Wow! I'm in a loss for words. No respect. :ohbrother: