Ryle 49 Highlands 43 (JV)

75center

Fun game to watch as just about every way you can score except field goal was chalked up. Blocked punt, interception return, kickoff return, safety, long passes, long runs. Looked like arena football. Congratulations to Ryle. Birds, nice enough season but you hopefully have 5 weeks of practice left to prepare for next year. Use it well. Good to see so many freshmen getting playing time. We have some good ones coming up.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun game to watch as just about every way you can score except field goal was chalked up. Blocked punt, interception return, kickoff return, safety, long passes, long runs. Looked like arena football. Congratulations to Ryle. Birds, nice enough season but you hopefully have 5 weeks of practice left to prepare for next year. Use it well. Good to see so many freshmen getting playing time. We have some good ones coming up.

I have to disagree with this one. This is JV ball and it was their last JV game. Heard there was even some regular JV kids that didn't get into the game. I know I will get attacked for these comments, but that is my belief.

Some of these boys very well may be better than some of the JV players, but please, give me a break. Tell me one player that was deserving of playing in that game today as a freshman. There isn't one. And nobody can argue otherwise. Well I guess people will argue, but it won't hold water. None of this they put their time in. Nope! They didn't practice with each other all year. Don't give me the experience factor either. What would that be for, to play in JV next year. Again, please!

There might be one player that will have an immediate impact on Varsity next year, and that's a maybe because it's so hard to do and that's McCoy.

So with that, I say bring it on!:madman:

I have to disagree with this one. This is JV ball and it was their last JV game. Heard there was even some regular JV kids that didn't get into the game. I know I will get attacked for these comments, but that is my belief.

Some of these boys very well may be better than some of the JV players, but please, give me a break. Tell me one player that was deserving of playing in that game today as a freshman. There isn't one. And nobody can argue otherwise. Well I guess people will argue, but it won't hold water. None of this they put their time in. Nope! They didn't practice with each other all year. Don't give me the experience factor either. What would that be for, to play in JV next year. Again, please!

There might be one player that will have an immediate impact on Varsity next year, and that's a maybe because it's so hard to do and that's McCoy.

So with that, I say bring it on!:madman:

If you have a son that didnt get in then I can understand your frustration. I think the coaches feel the same way Herm Edwards does which is "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME" not make everyone happy and give them equal playing time.

I heard McCoy was getting the starting nod at QB today. Did that hold true?

What freshman played so much today?

If you have a son that didnt get in then I can understand your frustration. I think the coaches feel the same way Herm Edwards does which is "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME" not make everyone happy and give them equal playing time.

No dog in this fight. Just don't like that happening to kids that put in their time. UUUHHHH and don't tell me you play to win the game. This is Highlands Football and I have experienced playing it first hand. Highlands always plays to win the game. The coaches take that mentality into each week which they should. I ask, why change what you have done all year. What was the JV's record with JV players. Yeah, last week they had a Freshman QB. but only because of the JV QB was sick. Surprised they thought they needed the freshman to win this game.

No dog in this fight. Just don't like that happening to kids that put in their time. UUUHHHH and don't tell me you play to win the game. This is Highlands Football and I have experienced playing it first hand. Highlands always plays to win the game. The coaches take that mentality into each week which they should. I ask, why change what you have done all year. What was the JV's record with JV players. Yeah, last week they had a Freshman QB. but only because of the JV QB was sick. Surprised they thought they needed the freshman to win this game.

tdyballgame=voice of reason :thumb: Couldn't agree with you more. Freshman have no business playing in JV games unless they are needed due to injury or they have played JV and not Frosh all year. As impressed as I am with Dale and the results he has on the field this I don't get. :idunno:

Well, one thing that seems to be overlooked is that Highlands lost this game... that doesn't sit too well with me, especially with it being the last JV game of the season. The freshman and varsity squads took care of business in their last games of the (regular) season, too bad the same can't be said for the JV squad.

I hope the JV's "so-so" performance this season (losing two games to NKY teams) gives these players something to think about in the off-season, and they work extra hard to make up for their shortcomings at the JV level.

NOTE TO HHS JV PLAYERS: You have huge shoes to fill for next year... make the commitment to maintain the Highlands tradition!!!

JV is about development. I'd hate to be the JV coach who ran off a late-blooming player all in the name of "winning." JV is about getting boys ready for varsity games. Period.

Well, one thing that seems to be overlooked is that Highlands lost this game... that doesn't sit too well with me, especially with it being the last JV game of the season. The freshman and varsity squads took care of business in their last games of the (regular) season, too bad the same can't be said for the JV squad.

I hope the JV's "so-so" performance this season (losing two games to NKY teams) gives these players something to think about in the off-season, and they work extra hard to make up for their shortcomings at the JV level.

NOTE TO HHS JV PLAYERS: You have huge shoes to fill for next year... make the commitment to maintain the Highlands tradition!!!

I would not be so quick to cast stones at the Birds' JV team!:irked:

I would not be so quick to cast stones at the Birds' JV team!:irked:

My point is that the Highlands program should never get complacent and be OK with losing games, whether they be at the frosh, JV or varsity level.

I hope the HHS JV players use their two losses against NKY JV teams as motivation for working harder in the offseason, since these players will be facing off against the JV players from other NKY teams in the years to come.

I like to think that losses never sit well with Highlands players, and I suspect this one won't.

My point is that the Highlands program should never get complacent and be OK with losing games, whether they be at the frosh, JV or varsity level.

I hope the HHS JV players use their two losses against NKY JV teams as motivation for working harder in the offseason, since these players will be facing off against the JV players from other NKY teams in the years to come.

I like to think that losses never sit well with Highlands players, and I suspect this one won't.

:rolleyes:

Edited by gamehuntr