Trinity vs Ballard Frosh

It may have been that they could not compete with them. Ballard and Central played last night. Central won 28-0.

Nope.

Despite probably always being overmatched against Trinity in games involving one class, we'd actually scheduled Trinity to play TWICE on the Frosh level.

Some of my 'friends-in-coaching' think I'm crazy about this, but won-loss records--or even margins of victory/loss--matters little to me at the lower levels. We stress that these contests are mainly about learning to compete the same whether way ahead or way behind (same approach we used at Oldham Co. when we were 3A and always tried to schedule the Catholic powerhouses in Frosh and JV). Also, I want our guys to EVERY YEAR get the chance to play at their place so by their Junior and Senior year they don't walk in 'mezmerized' by it like many teams are.

Nothing scandalous about us not playing the second game...Trinity called us a couple of weeks ago and informed us they'd likely be hosting the Regional Soccer finals on the day we were scheduled to play our second Frosh game at their place. They were good enough to let us know this a couple of weeks in advance so we could find a replacement game (which we did with Central). I think hosting soccer never materialized (they lost the district championship to Collegiate), but we'd already moved on to schedule another game.

We would've moved it to our field, but you can't really play HOME Frosh games on Thursdays when you are hosting the varsity game on Friday--needing to paint it and to keep from damaging it in case there's rain on Thursday (thus is the life when you play on a natural surface!).

Trinity's Frosh are VERY good, by the way. They probably could beat 3 or 4 VARSITY teams I've seen on film this year!

Nope.

Despite probably always being overmatched against Trinity in games involving one class, we'd actually scheduled Trinity to play TWICE on the Frosh level.

Some of my 'friends-in-coaching' think I'm crazy about this, but won-loss records--or even margins of victory/loss--matters little to me at the lower levels. We stress that these contests are mainly about learning to compete the same whether way ahead or way behind (same approach we used at Oldham Co. when we were 3A and always tried to schedule the Catholic powerhouses in Frosh and JV). Also, I want our guys to EVERY YEAR get the chance to play at their place so by their Junior and Senior year they don't walk in 'mezmerized' by it like many teams are.

Nothing scandalous about us not playing the second game...Trinity called us a couple of weeks ago and informed us they'd likely be hosting the Regional Soccer finals on the day we were scheduled to play our second Frosh game at their place. They were good enough to let us know this a couple of weeks in advance so we could find a replacement game (which we did with Central). I think hosting soccer never materialized (they lost the district championship to Collegiate), but we'd already moved on to schedule another game.

We would've moved it to our field, but you can't really play HOME Frosh games on Thursdays when you are hosting the varsity game on Friday--needing to paint it and to keep from damaging it in case there's rain on Thursday (thus is the life when you play on a natural surface!).

Trinity's Frosh are VERY good, by the way. They probably could beat 3 or 4 VARSITY teams I've seen on film this year!

Coach, You're a class act. I look forward to tonights game.

Nope.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Glad you did. I figured it had to be something of this sort. Good luck toyou - just not tonight.:lol:

Nope.

You are a class act! Thanks for putting the story out for those not in the know. Being around football in these parts for as long as I have, Ballard is very fortunate to have you leading the Bruins program. Good luck the rest of the way... except when you play my Rocks!