Angels 5 Yankees 4 - ALCS Game 3

I have been guitly of 2nd guessing at times as well and then I figure that Giardi has forgotten more baseball than most anyone on here, certainly more than me so I think that I will go with him. Especially with the Yankees record this season.

Na, Girardi is still really young, he has started losing it quite yet...:lol:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, nor should he be.

I have been guitly of 2nd guessing at times as well and then I figure that Giardi has forgotten more baseball than most anyone on here, certainly more than me so I think that I will go with him. Especially with the Yankees record this season.

The question wasn't for me but I believe that anything and anyone for any reason is always questioned in New York :lol:, that goes along with managing and playing in New York.

When I worry is when they are not questioning, that means they have quit caring.

I agree kind of. Girardi has forgot more than anyone on here knows. I'll be very surprised however if people aren't questioning taking out a pitcher that just retired two guys. It's not like they brought in a lefty. By the way the announcer questioned it when it was happening.

One other comment about questioning managers.....I don't think that anyone can argue a whole lot that Mike Socia is one of the best managers in baseball. Now if Socia had listened to more than just a few critics and had taken Glad out of the lineup or moved him in the batting order then he wouldn't had hit hat 2 run dinger tonight and the Yankees would be up 3-0 right now. :D

The only questionable call from Girardi IMO, is sending CC out after 3 days rest. I'm assuming he thinks CC on 3 days is better than his next option; which is a fully rested Gaudin.

I agree. This could make or break the series tonight. Kazmir has had some success against NY in the past with an ERA of 2.67 over 14 career starts. Last time C.C. pitched on 3 days rest, he was rocked.

I agree. This could make or break the series tonight. Kazmir has had some success against NY in the past with an ERA of 2.67 over 14 career starts. Last time C.C. pitched on 3 days rest, he was rocked.

I may not be second guessing this decision. C.C. has gone on 3 days rest 5 times this year and he's 3-1 with a 1.10 ERA. Not too bad. Plus I know he did it well last year at the end of the season for the Brewers. Anaheim's no Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, though.

I may not be second guessing this decision. C.C. has gone on 3 days rest 5 times this year and he's 3-1 with a 1.10 ERA. Not too bad. Plus I know he did it well last year at the end of the season for the Brewers. Anaheim's no Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, though.
To clarify I think the number I was referencing is last season going on 3 days rest in the playoffs. He has been a lot more rested coming in to the playoffs this year though.

To clarify I think the number I was referencing is last season going on 3 days rest in the playoffs. He has been a lot more rested coming in to the playoffs this year though.

I'm really okay with it. CC on 3 days is better than Gaudin on full rest. Plus you still get Burnett for game 5 and Pettitte for game 6 on full rest AND CC again for game 7 on full rest.