Rule Question?

Why is this a rule? Who cares besides the KHSAA?

It's not a KHSAA rule. It's an NFHS rule. The reason for the rule is so that the official or medical personnel can clearly see a players eyes without removing his helmet should he be injured.

It's not a KHSAA rule. It's an NFHS rule. The reason for the rule is so that the official or medical personnel can clearly see a players eyes without removing his helmet should he be injured.

That makes sense. Why are NFL players allowed to do it? You would think that would be a rule there too since it's medically driven.

That makes sense. Why are NFL players allowed to do it? You would think that would be a rule there too since it's medically driven.

You can have shaded visors in the NCAA, if you have obtained approval.

Penalty would be an unsportsmanlike penalty for having illegally equipped players. Although I would hope (and assume) that if a referee saw this during warm-ups he would instruct the player to remove it.

Passing camps are not sanctioned events therefore equipment rules don't apply.

In the NFL the only required equipment is a helmet and shoulderpads, and all the league sanctioned logos and such.

An interesting sidenote is that some of the visors in the NFL are prescription, I guess the players who wear them either can't wear contacts or maybe lose contacts during the game too frequently.

Penalty would be an unsportsmanlike penalty for having illegally equipped players. Although I would hope (and assume) that if a referee saw this during warm-ups he would instruct the player to remove it.

Passing camps are not sanctioned events therefore equipment rules don't apply.

Wrong sir. If the officials and/or coaches are calling the games (even those non sanctioned passing league games) by the rules, then all padding requirements should be enforced as well. If the helmet is worn, then all helmet rules should apply.