Rule Question?

If a player wants to wear a visor on his/her helmet does it have to be clear or can it be colored/tinted a different color as long as you are allowed to see through it.... or can someone tell me the rule about visors?

I am fairly certain that you must have a statement from a doctor stating that the visor is neccessary. Other than that, I don't think you can wear a visor at all.

Ah..... I see, I bet if more people actually knew that, every kid would want one on their helmet.

The kids I've known that had to wear them...ie eye injury or something....hated them. They fog up, get splashed with water, sweat, and mud.....by the end of the game they can't see much. The ones that put them on because they thought they looked cool didn't keep them very long.

It must be CLEAR under NFHS rules. No doctors exceptions on this. Illegal equipment list includes "eye sheilds that are not clear, not molded, or not rigid". 1-5-3n

Did that rule just start this year? I know for a fact that one one of Lincoln's players wore a dark shield last year for half the season and will wear that shield again this year. He wore that shield under a doctor's orders because of a previous eye injury.

• 10 months later...