9th Region Preseason Coaches Poll

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone post the Cats' Pause ratings for the top 9th region teams and players? I heard they are out, but i haven't seen them.

1 Cov-Holmes

2 Boone Co

3 Highlands

4 Newport Central Catholic

5 Ryle

6 Dixie Heights

7 Conner

8 Cov-Catholic

9 Newport

10 St.Henry

1 R. Johnson

2 E. Pittman

3 S. Kowolonek Highlands

4 J. Johnson Holmes

5 A. Earls Boone Co

5 Gabbard Boone Co

7 B. Bryan Vila Madonna

8 G. Pangallo Newport Central Cath.

9 G. Grote Highlands

10 M. McLeish Ryle

1 Cov-Holmes

2 Boone Co

3 Highlands

5 Ryle

6 Dixie Heights

7 Conner

8 Cov-Catholic

9 Newport

10 St.Henry

1 R. Johnson

2 E. Pittman

3 S. Kowolonek Highlands

4 J. Johnson Holmes

5 A. Earls Boone Co

5 Gabbard Boone Co

7 B. Bryan Vila Madonna

9 G. Grote Highlands

10 M. McLeish Ryle

For me, I would switch Boone & Highlands.

Even though S. Kowolonek is a very good player, he is not better than J. Johnson of Holmes.

Also, Gabbard is much better than his teammate Earls is.

1 Cov-Holmes

2 Boone Co

3 Highlands

5 Ryle

6 Dixie Heights

7 Conner

8 Cov-Catholic

9 Newport

10 St.Henry

1 R. Johnson

2 E. Pittman

3 S. Kowolonek Highlands

4 J. Johnson Holmes

5 A. Earls Boone Co

5 Gabbard Boone Co

7 B. Bryan Vila Madonna

9 G. Grote Highlands

10 M. McLeish Ryle

Bryan is not top 10 IMO. One might put Avery or Watson in there somewhere instead of Bryan. I'd probably put Bryan in the top 15, however. Pangallo, McLeish, and Popp are all better guards IMO.

Earls probably should be dropped down some on this list.

Bryan is not top 10 IMO. One might put Avery or Watson in there somewhere instead of Bryan. I'd probably put Bryan in the top 15, however. Pangallo, McLeish, and Popp are all better guards IMO.

Earls probably should be dropped down some on this list.

Or you could put McDaniels or Tucker from Newport in the top 10.

I agree that Bryan is ranked pretty high. But hard to discount the numbers that he has put up at Villa. Nice to see some of the small schools getting some recognition. There is some talent in DIII that some people never recognize.

I'm all for also recognizing talent of plenty of kids and small schools, but most of those numbers weren't put up against the same level of competition as players from the other teams play regularly. You don't always notice some of the better players because they are at bigger schools who have more balanced teams, and no one player has to do all of the shooting/scoring and try to carry their team.

1 Cov-Holmes

2 Boone Co

3 Highlands

5 Ryle

6 Dixie Heights

7 Conner

8 Cov-Catholic

9 Newport

10 St.Henry

1 R. Johnson

2 E. Pittman

3 S. Kowolonek Highlands

4 J. Johnson Holmes

5 A. Earls Boone Co

5 Gabbard Boone Co

7 B. Bryan Vila Madonna

9 G. Grote Highlands

10 M. McLeish Ryle

Kowolonek may be a little high at three, he's probably five. Gabbard probably three or four. Pangallo could slide up or down a spot or two I guess depending on who's making the list. Maybe McLeish should be on the list ahead of a couple teammates, maybe not. That's a close call.

Overall, the list is one person's opinion and it's obviously going to be critiqued as I just did, but it's not a bad list by any means. It's a nice starting point. Could a McDaniel, Coleman, Trammel, Watson, Cotton, or some others be on the list sure.

A list is a list at this time of year. Nice to debate over but come February lets see how the list stacks up, and maybe we will be talking about some players that did not make this first list. There is alot of talent in the 9th this year. Good luck to each player

Who are the 2 new tall guys that transferred to Newport High?

Newport will be very competitive this year.

Dixie Heights has talent on their side, Brandon and Ian...aren't they sophomores starting varsity?

What is JV team @ Cov Cath looking like this year? Will Varsity surprise us?

Dixie has alot of younger talent. Hatton is an eighth grader, who played some varsity last year, not sure about any starting status at this point. I am not sure about Ian. Trammel will be with Dixie, and I would assume Raleigh would be returning. It is his senior year. I think we will see alot out of the 8th region this year. It should be for some exciting basketball.

Having watched Ben Watson from Highlands and Brady Jolly from Campbell County all summer one would have to think that they would be on anyones top ten list. I just regret that we know have to play against them in high school instead of with them in AAU. Good luck boys and have a safe basketball season.

I would say Gabbard needs to be four and I would move J.J. ahead of Kowolonek. I would say that Bryan has to been in the top 10, he might not play the big schools, but he still is a top 10 player. Im curious to see how we'll rate everyone at the end of the season.

I would say Gabbard needs to be four and I would move J.J. ahead of Kowolonek. I would say that Bryan has to been in the top 10, he might not play the big schools, but he still is a top 10 player. Im curious to see how we'll rate everyone at the end of the season.

Bryan is solid. Not even close though that he's not a top 10 player. Without hesitation, I've got Avery from Holmes in the top 10.