9th Region Preseason Coaches Poll

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can have Wellbrock, I'd say that Thelen is the more complete player.

Wellbrock is the wildcard. His offense is not where it should be but he's one of the top 2 rebounders in the region and he's a force defensively inside. Jake Thelen's offensive game is better. Jake could be on the list at the end of the year.

Wellbrock is the wildcard. His offense is not where it should be but he's one of the top 2 rebounders in the region and he's a force defensively inside. Jake Thelen's offensive game is better. Jake could be on the list at the end of the year.

I agree is he a good rebounder, but at the end of the game he cant be on the floor because of his foul shooting. Also he really doesn't have much of an offensive game outside of the block. I agree that Thelen will be on the list at the end of the year, but I think he could be now.

Because I know you are wondering....

Rico

Pittman

Gabbard

J Johnson

Avery

McLeish

Kowolonek

Trammel

Giesler

Pangallo/Wellbrock

Earls should be on the list. He's way ahead of Giesler at this point, just for starters.

Is Trammel better than Pangello, tough call. I like them both. I think you have Avery too high, but we'll see. Good starting point list. Always going to be room for debate during this preseason.

Earls should be on the list. He's way ahead of Giesler at this point, just for starters.

Is Trammel better than Pangello, tough call. I like them both. I think you have Avery too high, but we'll see. Good starting point list. Always going to be room for debate during this preseason.

I debated about Earls but I just haven't seen him be as dominant as he could be. I'll take Giesler because the kid does well inside and will do better this year. Obviously Earls has had a longer/bigger body of work to review vs Giesler and I'm projecting but I feel pretty confident in my projection.

It was a tough call on Pangallo/Trammel. I'd take either one on my team. Again, just a gut feel.

While I don't think we'll see Avery dominate this year simply due to the talent around him and there only being one ball IMO he's really good.

Always room for debate.

This list has to include Stauffer from Ryle.

I was worried that I might have missed an obvious one. He's it.

Revised:

Rico

Pittman

Gabbard

J Johnson

Stauffer

Avery

McLeish

Kowolonek

Trammel

Giesler

Pangallo/Wellbrock

I debated about Earls but I just haven't seen him be as dominant as he could be. I'll take Giesler because the kid does well inside and will do better this year. Obviously Earls has had a longer/bigger body of work to review vs Giesler and I'm projecting but I feel pretty confident in my projection.

It was a tough call on Pangallo/Trammel. I'd take either one on my team. Again, just a gut feel.

While I don't think we'll see Avery dominate this year simply due to the talent around him and there only being one ball IMO he's really good.

Always room for debate.

Earls should be on the list, IMO. Earls, Gabbard, and Popp from Boone will all end up playing college ball somewhere. Earls won the matchup with Geisler last year if I remember correctly.

I was worried that I might have missed an obvious one. He's it.

Revised:

Rico

Pittman

Gabbard

J Johnson

Stauffer

Avery

McLeish

Kowolonek

Trammel

Giesler

Pangallo/Wellbrock

Way to high for this kid IMO. I would say that Kowolonek should be ahead of him as well as Avery.

Earls should be on the list, IMO. Earls, Gabbard, and Popp from Boone will all end up playing college ball somewhere. Earls won the matchup with Geisler last year if I remember correctly.

I would think that all of the other players on Clyde's list will end up playing college ball as well. IMHO, I believe Earls will find it tough sledding this year with the loss of McFarland. Would be surprised if any of the players you listed will play DII or above (possibly Gabbard).

I would think that all of the other players on Clyde's list will end up playing college ball as well. IMHO, I believe Earls will find it tough sledding this year with the loss of McFarland. Would be surprised if any of the players you listed will play DII or above (possibly Gabbard).

I heard at least two of the three have/are being recruited by D2 schools. The odds of high school players playing college basketball are 1 in 35 (3%). That's some pretty elite company. I would be very surprised if all players being ranked in by people in this thread end up playing college ball.