9th Region Preseason Coaches Poll

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking that Highlands should be ranked slightly ahead of Boone in the poll. Doesn't Highlands have all of their starters back? Didn't they beat Boone last year? Boone should be solid, but I just think they had some key losses. I do have Boone going to the regional tournament along with either Conner/Ryle. Is the 33rd district tournament at Ryle this year? If so, then Ryle will be the pick.

They split their games last year. McFarland was a key loss for Boone, but they have 2 seniors back who started every game, another who started 2/3 of the games, and two others who started a few games. I think Boone will still win the 33rd.

IMO Stauffer needs to be on the list of top players, I certainly think he brings just as much to the table as Earls for Boone.

Earls has improved his outside shot and shoots 3s and outside shots better then Stauffer IMO. Stauffer got the best of the matchup in one game last year, but I think Earls did in the other 2.

The Northern Kentucky Coaches Association is comprised primarily of members of the Northern Kentucky Athletic Association.

We all have our favorite players, and probably collectively could name 20 or more guys we consider to be "Top 10."

I'm happy to see Jacob Rieger (Brossart) recognized as one of the area's top players, and also agree that Campbell County's Brady Jolly is a top player as well. I watched him play over the summer and he has come strides and will be a dominating force for this season's Camels.

Earls has improved his outside shot and shoots 3s and outside shots better then Stauffer IMO. Stauffer got the best of the matchup in one game last year, but I think Earls did in the other 2.

That'd be great if Earls wasn't a big man. I'm not concerned with his ability to hang around outside and shoot 3's when he should be a force inside.

Thelen should be and will be in the top 10 by the end of the season. Wish he could have stayed healthy last season. I hope he utilizes both his inside ability and his outside ability because I noticed he likes to hang around outside sometimes, but he's going to be key for CovCath. Wellbrock has shown he's a rebounding machine, but he'll give you a solid 4 points a game. Thelen will give you points down low and rebounds to boot. If Pauly can stay healthy things could be good for CovCath.

I can understand Highlands being ranked #2 over Boone Co., considering McFarland is gone and Highland returning all thier starters. But it is still wait and see if they have closed the gap. Boone Co was the better team last year, although you couldn't say that with the head to head matchups. It's alot like Cov-Holmes and Boone Co. Holmes were the better team last year, but it didnt show with the they played each other.

Maybe they are making room for Trevan Brown down low? I think he is more of a true post player.

Expect a very nice season for Trevan Brown. He is a relentless rebounder and runs the floor very well. He will give them a lift with his energy and effort. They will have to move Andy out of the post when he is on the floor.

T. Brown will really help Boone this upcoming season.

Expect a very nice season for Trevan Brown. He is a relentless rebounder and runs the floor very well. He will give them a lift with his energy and effort. They will have to move Andy out of the post when he is on the floor.

T. Brown will really help Boone this upcoming season.

I agree! Very good rebounder. Earls also runs the floor well. I think Lay, Brown, and Earls will all split some time at the post. May take some time for Brown to get his basketball legs/game back after football.

The only changes I would make to the Top Ten Teams would be Conner jumping to #5 and CovCath being replaced by Campbell at 10. And though I won't do it here in the very preseason, I think youre going to see McLeish be the third best player in NKY this year.