9th Region Preseason Coaches Poll

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is a NKY list, I am surprised not to see Campbell County or Brady Jolly on there. The Camels are going to surprise folks and challenge Scott & Brossart for the district.

I don't think Campbell County challenging for the district title would be a surprise to anyone who follows the 37th. For the most part the games between Scott, Brossart and Campbell Co have all be extremely close come tourney time.

I don't think this season will be any different. All three schools have key players returning but also suffered significant losses to graduation. I think the top 3 players in the district will be Smith, Rieger and Jolly and I could see O'Conner making a push to be included in that group.

I'd bump Pangallo down some and put Stauffer in there about 8. I see Pangallo as a top 15 player but not top 10. Interesting that O'Conner has a D2 offer and isn't on the list.

There are also other players who are getting a lot of college interest who aren't listed.

I agree. I think Stauffer should definately be on this list.

It will be a tall task for anyone in the region to knock off Cov. Holmes. What has happened to CovCath? Have they just ran out of talent? They were so good for several years in a row until the last couple years.

I think they'll be solid by tourney time. Assuming the PG is healthy they're already ahead of last year due to Mitch being out all season. New athletic guard should help. Deep bench. No big time scorers although Welbrock has the chance to be. He will definitely be a rebounding machine.

They'll be alright.

I think they'll be solid by tourney time. Assuming the PG is healthy they're already ahead of last year due to Mitch being out all season. New athletic guard should help. Deep bench. No big time scorers although Welbrock has the chance to be. He will definitely be a rebounding machine.

They'll be alright.

I agree with you regarding CovCath. I actually think CovCath along with Holmes of course, will make it to the regional tourney this year.

They'll be alright.

If they can just stay somewhat healthy or at least just have the normal basketball aches and pains that should be a big relief for the CovCath faithful. I don't think i have ever seen a stranger season than last season for CovCath basketball in any sport

I think Thelen has the opportunity to be solid scorer for CovCath. I think Wellbrock and Thelen should complement each other down low.

I like Giesler, Stauffer and Thelen as the top post players in N Ky for that class of 2011.

I think you could have added Giesler or Stauffer to the top 10 list without a lot of argument. If Thelen had stayed healthy he might have made a case to be included as well. He was really starting to play well when he was injured.

I'd like to know who the pre-season and end-of season top 10 were last year and which seniors had the opportunity to play college ball.

I know Romes is at Mt. St. Joe, Beutel at Transy, Riley and Housely at Cincinnati St., McFarland at G-town, and Broyles at Kentucky Christian. Were all 6 of these ranked in the top 10? I doubt it. Any others?

It will be a tall task for anyone in the region to knock off Cov. Holmes. What has happened to CovCath? Have they just ran out of talent? They were so good for several years in a row until the last couple years.

I'll tell ya what, if I was in the Covington Catholic program I'd take it personally that we were ranked #10.

I'm not saying they deserve to be ranked any higher or lower, just that I'd take it personally (and make sure my teammates did the same).

I'm thinking that Highlands should be ranked slightly ahead of Boone in the poll. Doesn't Highlands have all of their starters back? Didn't they beat Boone last year? Boone should be solid, but I just think they had some key losses. I do have Boone going to the regional tournament along with either Conner/Ryle. Is the 33rd district tournament at Ryle this year? If so, then Ryle will be the pick.