Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Preseason Coaches Poll

Featured Replies

I think there are several players in this class that might have an opportunity to play at the D3 level. However, outside of the Johnson brothers and Pittman I doubt many are getting actual offers from D2. D2 competition is tough especially with all the transfers. Ex: Corey Sorrell filled it up in high school scoring 20 points a game. He goes to NKU and has to redshirt. I don't think some people realize how big of a jump it is as you go up division. Even D3 to D2.

 

Also, there are many factors that are involved when trying to play college basketball. D3 schools are unable to offer athletic scholarships which means you have to be a pretty decent student to get in. Not only that, unless you have lots of money, you need good grades in order to get a solid academic scholarship. Most D3 schools tend to be very expensive which makes it complicated at times for many players.

  • Replies 405
  • Views 55.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabbard has been offered by whom?

 

Gabbard has a D2 offer on the table from Ashland University. Other schools, including other D2 and some small D1, have also expressed interest from what I understand.

I think there are several players in this class that might have an opportunity to play at the D3 level. However, outside of the Johnson brothers and Pittman I doubt many are getting actual offers from D2. D2 competition is tough especially with all the transfers. Ex: Corey Sorrell filled it up in high school scoring 20 points a game. He goes to NKU and has to redshirt. I don't think some people realize how big of a jump it is as you go up division. Even D3 to D2.

 

Also, there are many factors that are involved when trying to play college basketball. D3 schools are unable to offer athletic scholarships which means you have to be a pretty decent student to get in. Not only that, unless you have lots of money, you need good grades in order to get a solid academic scholarship. Most D3 schools tend to be very expensive which makes it complicated at times for many players.

 

Actually going DIII is harder for a kid that is NOT eligible for financial aid. Most kids attending DIII schools get financial aid and along with some academic scholarship money, it is very affordable for them to go and sometimes they don't have to pay anything at all.

 

With the price of tuition at a DIII school you will find that over 85% of the kids attending them get financial aid.

Gabbard has a D2 offer on the table from Ashland University. Other schools, including other D2 and some small D1, have also expressed interest from what I understand.

 

Good to hear, he is very good, I think he'll do well in college.

Gabbard has a D2 offer on the table from Ashland University. Other schools, including other D2 and some small D1, have also expressed interest from what I understand.

 

Ellenwood must have picked up on him when he was at TMC.

Gabbard has a D2 offer on the table from Ashland University. Other schools, including other D2 and some small D1, have also expressed interest from what I understand.

 

I heard the Ashland offer was pulled with Jordan Berlin committed to them. Is that true?

Two of the three? I'm assuming your referring to Gabbard and ?

 

Popp is

I think there are several players in this class that might have an opportunity to play at the D3 level. However, outside of the Johnson brothers and Pittman I doubt many are getting actual offers from D2. D2 competition is tough especially with all the transfers. Ex: Corey Sorrell filled it up in high school scoring 20 points a game. He goes to NKU and has to redshirt. I don't think some people realize how big of a jump it is as you go up division. Even D3 to D2.

 

Also, there are many factors that are involved when trying to play college basketball. D3 schools are unable to offer athletic scholarships which means you have to be a pretty decent student to get in. Not only that, unless you have lots of money, you need good grades in order to get a solid academic scholarship. Most D3 schools tend to be very expensive which makes it complicated at times for many players.

 

I heard Sorrell is looking very good in workouts. It sounds like he could become a key player for NKU, if not this year, then in the future.

I heard Sorrell is looking very good in workouts. It sounds like he could become a key player for NKU, if not this year, then in the future.

 

He has the ability to shoot with anyone, if he can defend someone I think it will be hard not to play him.

Popp is

 

By what schools? If Gabbard is having a D2 offer pulled there is no way Popp is getting D2 offers. Not to take anything away from Popp he just isn't a D2 player at least not from what I have seen. Gabbard will be the only player on that team that maybe plays D2.

Imo, Popp needs to have a solid High School season to go D3. He hasn't shown much on the High School level.

I think in the end you will see the majority of these players other than some of the Holmes players going D3 if they decide to play. Every once in a while you will see a D2 or NAIA. However, NKY is really proving to be a D3 talent pool over the last couple of years.

Imo, Popp needs to have a solid High School season to go D3. He hasn't shown much on the High School level.

 

 

Any player can go D3 just pay tuition or NAIA for that matter. That is why there are up to 20 players on their rosters.

Any player can go D3 just pay tuition or NAIA for that matter. That is why there are up to 20 players on their rosters.

 

I disagree, this :laugh: is one of the most uninformed posts I've seen on here. Any player can go DIII or NAIA???? The best player in NKY (McFarland) last year went NAIA and a few went DIII.

 

If any player can play NAIA, name how many has went NAIA or higher in the last 5 years? NAIA does give athletic scholarships.

 

Also name one NAIA school or DIII for that matter that has 20 players on their roster.

I disagree, this :laugh: is one of the most uninformed posts I've seen on here. Any player can go DIII or NAIA???? The best player in NKY (McFarland) last year went NAIA and a few went DIII.

 

If any player can play NAIA, name how many has went NAIA or higher in the last 5 years? NAIA does give athletic scholarships.

 

Also name one NAIA school or DIII for that matter that has 20 players on their roster.

 

Not true, but I agree that not everyone can play D3 and NAIA. Basketball isn't as easy as everyone thinks it is.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.