Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Preseason Coaches Poll

Featured Replies

Daniel O'Conner from Scott has a scholarship offer from Tusculum which is a good D2 school in Tenn.

 

I think Gabbard will end up at a D2 school and have heard of schools like West Liberty State and UMass-Lowell having an interest.

 

Not a knock on any of the players on the list but I don't think any of them are as talented as Corey Pelle and he ended up at West Liberty and has had a really nice career.

 

He had to overcome that small school stigma playing for Silver Grove but he could flat out play. His AAU experience got him to that D2 level.

 

It appears he is one of their better players/scorers at West Liberty.

  • Replies 405
  • Views 55.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like NKU missed the boat on at least one local player. I guess D1 transfers aren't necessarily always the way to go...

 

Trust me, NKU has missed the boat on some local players for at least the last 5-6 yrs.

Looks like NKU missed the boat on at least one local player. I guess D1 transfers aren't necessarily always the way to go...

 

Don't even get me started. I have mentioned that same thing more than once on here over the last 3 years. I guess that drive down 1998 was too far for NKU to go and make an offer.

Pelle was a big miss from NKU IMO, if I remember correctly he wanted to go there as well. Not sure, that was always the rumor.

Trust me, NKU has missed the boat on some local players for at least the last 5-6 yrs.

 

One that comes to mind is Nestheide (sp?) from CCH. He had a phenomenal College Career. Along with Romes of Beechwood.

 

I think there have been several players over the last few years who could have ended up at higher division then they did. However they were stars at the D3 level.

Daniel O'Conner from Scott has a scholarship offer from Tusculum which is a good D2 school in Tenn.

 

I think Gabbard will end up at a D2 school and have heard of schools like West Liberty State and UMass-Lowell having an interest.

 

Not a knock on any of the players on the list but I don't think any of them are as talented as Corey Pelle and he ended up at West Liberty and has had a really nice career.

 

He had to overcome that small school stigma playing for Silver Grove but he could flat out play. His AAU experience got him to that D2 level.

 

O'Connor must be one that is under the radar. I didn't comment on him because I don't know who he is and haven't seen him play. Also, he didn't make the top 10 in he region.

Everything you said here is likely, but there's always a possibility that someone like a Brian Gish (class of 2009) lands a D2 offer. Nonetheless, D3 or NAIA are nothing to sneeze at. Not many high school players have the chance to continue playing basketball after high school. I hope all of these boys get to play beyond high school if they want to. All are fine players.

 

True, not to take anything away from this kid. I think anyone who has seen him play knows he wasn't a legit D2 player. I think there is some inside connection because there were several players who were better than him who played before him. Hence why he didn't get much pt in High School.

Imo, NKU has a great talent pool in the 9th region and greater cincy area to recruit from but I don't feel like they really take advantage of that. Especially as much as they did when Kenny Shields was there. That got them a few championships as well.

Imo, NKU has a great talent pool in the 9th region and greater cincy area to recruit from but I don't feel like they really take advantage of that. Especially as much as they did when Kenny Shields was there. That got them a few championships as well.

 

NKU never won the Championship on the men's side with Shields but he did get them to the game in 96, and 97 with a lot of local talent. The '97 team had 11 players from Cincy/NKU schools on it.

O'Connor must be one that is under the radar. I didn't comment on him because I don't know who he is and haven't seen him play. Also, he didn't make the top 10 in he region.

 

O'Connor might not be on the list, he should IMO, but lets be honest he has one thing that few people have, height. I've seen him play and he is a good player, but coaches will always look for that kind of height. Also I think someone mentioned Pelle and Romes being missed by NKU being huge. I don't know if Pelle didn't go there due to ACT scores or not, but NKU is bringing in Faulkner. May not be getting local talent, but they got Kentucky talent.

True, not to take anything away from this kid. I think anyone who has seen him play knows he wasn't a legit D2 player. I think there is some inside connection because there were several players who were better than him who played before him. Hence why he didn't get much pt in High School.

 

I'm not saying he was, but he worked his tail off to get noticed and from what I heard, he had multiple offers, even additional ones from D2. So someone saw something they liked. When he got in games for NCC, he did well. Most of the time it was not enough minutes to break a sweat. Sometimes, players just need a change to get a chance. There was no inside connection. The kid had never heard of this school before the coach contacted him.

I'm not saying he was, but he worked his tail off to get noticed and from what I heard, he had multiple offers, even additional ones from D2. So someone saw something they liked. When he got in games for NCC, he did well. Most of the time it was not enough minutes to break a sweat. Sometimes, players just need a change to get a chance. There was no inside connection. The kid had never heard of this school before the coach contacted him.

 

Multiple offers? from whom? and additional ones from who?

So your telling me a kid who couldn't even get enough minutes to break a sweat at the High School level got multiple offers at the D2 level and more?

 

If this kid was really that legit then NCC needs to find a new coach for not playing this kid. Any kid who is D2 worthy should be a star on the high school level. There are multiple kids who imo were much more skilled then this kid and only ended up at a D3 NAIA etc.

Also, that's great he worked his tail off to get noticed however that only helps so much. When it comes down to it you have to flat out be a player at the end of the day.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.