Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AP Poll Week September 21

Featured Replies

Evidently there is one voter who doesn't know that St. X beat Male by six touchdowns last week. Or maybe it was just a fluke.

 

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009909210384

 

 

Class 6-A W-L Pts Prv
1.St. Xavier (18) 3-1 198 2
2.Henry Clay (1) 4-0 168 3
3.Trinity 1-3 121 4
4.Bryan Station 4-0 116 6
5.Male (1) 4-1 113 1
6.Fern Creek 4-0 102 7
7.Simon Kenton 3-1 67 5
8t.Conner 5-0 55 9
8t.Scott Co. 3-1 55 10
10.Cent.Hardin 4-0 50 8
  • Replies 61
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that is one messed up 1A poll.

Who is giving Male a first place vote?

 

:confused:

Ryle is a top 10 6A school...:idunno:

Evidently there is one voter who doesn't know that St. X beat Male by six touchdowns last week. Or maybe it was just a fluke.

 

:idunno: Some voters just hate to let go I guess?

That poll is bizarre. Who votes on these things? Media?

Ryle is a top 10 6A school...:idunno:

 

Amen, how is Ryle not in the top 10?:confused:

These voters are idiots. Anybody that doesnt vote LCA 1st place in 1A is an idiot. Anybody that doesnt vote Fort Campbell 1st in 2A is an idiot. Anybody that doesnt vote Boyle Co 1st in 4A is an idiot. Anybody that doesnt vote Highlands 1st in 5A is an idiot. Anybody that doesnt vote St. X 1st in 6A is an idiot. 3A seems like the most wide open.

These voters are idiots. Anybody that doesnt vote LCA 1st place in 1A is an idiot. Anybody that doesnt vote Fort Campbell 1st in 2A is an idiot. Anybody that doesnt vote Boyle Co 1st in 4A is an idiot. Anybody that doesnt vote Highlands 1st in 5A is an idiot. Anybody that doesnt vote St. X 1st in 6A is an idiot. 3A seems like the most wide open.

 

See, I don't think it's THAT cut and dry.

 

1A LCA is a good #1. Beechwood has most likely played the tougher schedule however.

 

2A Ft Campbell deserves it because they are defending champs and unbeaten and looked great doing it. However, Corbin is no slouch and has looked equally impressive in maybe a better schedule. (Can't really gauge the TN schools well without background on them)

 

3A Is wide open like you said.

 

4A While Boyle is obvious to most, Bell deserves any #1 vote they get. THEY are the defending state champs. Their only loss was to a very good Alcoa squad from TN. So any vote for Bell seems reasonable to me.

 

5A Highlands is obvious

 

6A St. Xavier is likewise. However let's wait until they play Trinity and see what Henry Clay does as the year progresses.

These voters are idiots. Anybody that doesnt vote LCA 1st place in 1A is an idiot. Anybody that doesnt vote Fort Campbell 1st in 2A is an idiot. Anybody that doesnt vote Boyle Co 1st in 4A is an idiot. Anybody that doesnt vote Highlands 1st in 5A is an idiot. Anybody that doesnt vote St. X 1st in 6A is an idiot. 3A seems like the most wide open.

 

Stop beating around the bush, and tell us what you REALLY think!

Stop beating around the bush, and tell us what you REALLY think!
The G stands for grumpy. :p
Ryle is a top 10 6A school...:idunno:

 

It's better to fly under the old radar screen and let the season take its course. I agree that Ryle is definitely a top 10 team in 6A.

See, I don't think it's THAT cut and dry.

 

1A LCA is a good #1. Beechwood has most likely played the tougher schedule however.

 

2A Ft Campbell deserves it because they are defending champs and unbeaten and looked great doing it. However, Corbin is no slouch and has looked equally impressive in maybe a better schedule. (Can't really gauge the TN schools well without background on them)

 

3A Is wide open like you said.

 

4A While Boyle is obvious to most, Bell deserves any #1 vote they get. THEY are the defending state champs. Their only loss was to a very good Alcoa squad from TN. So any vote for Bell seems reasonable to me.

 

5A Highlands is obvious

 

6A St. Xavier is likewise. However let's wait until they play Trinity and see what Henry Clay does as the year progresses.

 

I agree. It's way to early to be coronating ANYONE, although if I had a vote, I'd probably go with LCA and Highlands pretty quickly...I'd really have to think about Corbin vs Fort Campbell, and Boyle vs Bell is equally tricky, although I'd probably wind up voting for Boyle. St. X certainly looks like royalty right now... 3A looks very interesting, with Central looking mortal... but it's still early, and there's lots of room for reasonable people to disagree still.

 

I once participated in a large national poll of folks during the 2000 season, with equal numbers of people distributed in each "region" of the country. The objective was to "test" the BCS poll based upon a poll of folks with sports knowledge, who watched a lot of college football, but not necessarily media and coaches. Voters were carefully screened regarding their backgrounds - and their favorite teams.

 

Compared to the AP, USA Today, BCS, and various computer polls, ours was a little quicker to gravitate towards Oklahoma (the eventual national champ), but when the dust settled, our final poll was remarkably similar to the others. Bottom-line: Some voters are just a little slower to respond! :D

 

(All that said, I don't understand the first place vote for Male, either!!! :idunno: )

See, I don't think it's THAT cut and dry.

 

2A Ft Campbell deserves it because they are defending champs and unbeaten and looked great doing it. However, Corbin is no slouch and has looked equally impressive in maybe a better schedule. (Can't really gauge the TN schools well without background on them)

 

While I believe Fort Campbell deserves the #1 ranking, why do you think that Prestonburg is getting two of the number 1 votes over Corbin? Is it a location thing or a publicity thing or what?

I like LCA as #1 in 1A but I do think Mayfield at this point should get a few votes as a #1. Mayfield has played a very decent schedule beating a Tenn. #1 team in its 1A division. I know very little about LCA except what I read here and that they have beaten teams very soundly and at this point they should be the #1 team. I don't agree with what most on this board are saying about Beechwood still being the team to beat. I read how they don't quite have the line play as in years past and there not just losing but losing big. Time will give up the answers but I believe you're looking most likely at a LCA vs Mayfield final.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.