What if Paris and Bourbon County Combined?

Deep 3 pointer

Bourbon County people for the vast majority welcome the merge. Typically its the Paris people that don't want to. They have too much pride at Paris to admit that a merge would be a good thing. As far as students getting along, a good majority of high school students from both schools run around together. Paris boys date Bourbon girls and Bourbon boys date Paris girls.

Someone asked earlier in the forum what constitutes a merge besides enrollment. A merge can take place or will be put in order by the state if the Paris contingency budget falls below 3% (I think). In Lehman's terms...they need to have at least 3% more than all their bills to run the school. Anything lower than that is considered financial trouble. By the way, 7-10 students per a class is not even close. My son has at least 15 people in each of his classes. Most classes over at Paris have at least 20. It's a smaller school, but not smaller classes. And Paris does offer college courses which are taught on Paris' campus.

Edited by Ram
Rule 3

Bourbon County people for the vast majority welcome the merge. Typically its the Paris people that don't want to. They have too much pride at Paris to admit that a merge would be a good thing. As far as students getting along, a good majority of high school students from both schools run around together. Paris boys date Bourbon girls and Bourbon boys date Paris girls.

Someone asked earlier in the forum what constitutes a merge besides enrollment. A merge can take place or will be put in order by the state if the Paris contingency budget falls below 3% (I think). In Lehman's terms...they need to have at least 3% more than all their bills to run the school. Anything lower than that is considered financial trouble. By the way, 7-10 students per a class is not even close. My son has at least 15 people in each of his classes. Most classes over at Paris have at least 20. It's a smaller school, but not smaller classes. And Paris does offer college courses which are taught on Paris' campus.

I agree totally with Deep. It is a political game of who would be in charge and control how things are done. The kids get along for the most part, other than school rivalry. My son goes to Bourbon and has many friends in the Paris school. It isn't about the kids it is about politcal power in the town.

Edited by Ram
Rule 14

Guys its not a biggest loser competition. Merger works if you get to play down, but its not a quick fix to a championship unless alot of things fall into place. Paris and Bourbon don't have much in place and I would venture to say that even in they combined and played in 4a they would not go too deep in the playoffs.

Guys its not a biggest loser competition. Merger works if you get to play down, but its not a quick fix to a championship unless alot of things fall into place. Paris and Bourbon don't have much in place and I would venture to say that even in they combined and played in 4a they would not go too deep in the playoffs.

"Too Deep" is a big jump up considering neither team has won a playoff game since 2005 and Bourbon has not won one since I believe 2001, and would not have gone to the playoffs if it wasn't for the alignment of their district and only having 4 teams, and therefore getting an automatic bid....