What if Paris and Bourbon County Combined?

Deep 3 pointer

Isn't Paris an Ind. school, I'm probably wrong, but I was thinking that.

Paris is an Ind. school, I am almost positve. But the powers that be in Bourbon Co. would not let a merger happen unless they absolutly had too. But if they were to join I think fball wise they could be good because Paris a few great athletes but only 20 players while Bourbon has more numbers game.

But in my opinion it would never happen in the near future.

I have heard in the past that it is just a matter of Paris asking to consolidate. Just wondering what would have to happen to get the ball rolling on this happening in the future. Anyone from some other school districts know. Maybe some insight from someone in the Harrodsburg / Mercer County area ?.....?

Paris doesnt want to merge cause of test scores Bourbon would like a merge. Also if you add Paris's atheletes to our power team we would have a good team. If you look at all the power house county schools it is because all the schools in that area feed into one school such as Clark, Montgomery, Harrison, Mason, etc.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I know this is an age old question, but wanted to stir up thoughts on this topic. Could they have a successful 4A football team if they combined? Or has the talent fell off that much in this town? Same with basketball...how much better would they or wouldn't they be? Thoughts?

I've been asking myself the same Question about Frankfort high and Franklin co.... but I guess we'll never know.:idunno:

What are the reasons for consolidation, other then athletics?

I understand that Paris offers some things that Bourbon County does not, is that true?

I'm not sure what that would be other than 7 to 10 students per classroom. Please let me know.

I'm not sure what that would be other than 7 to 10 students per classroom. Please let me know.

I am obviously an outsider to this situation and only know what a few people associated with the two schools have told me. I don't want to get to far into it, but I will just call it, "Student life". I don't know if that is true or not. But, from people that I have talked to, it seems that you either like Paris or Bourbon County, you don't like both.

I've been asking myself the same Question about Frankfort high and Franklin co.... but I guess we'll never know.:idunno:

Thats a little different Western Hills is also in Frankfort, and Frankfort as a fairly high enrollment for a 1A school. Paris graduates some 30-50 kids a year, and average around 130-140 in the entire high school. If Paris makes it through the recession without merging, I would be very surprised to see it happen down the road, if there was ever a time, it is now.

IMHO I would think that both schools should merge sports at the least, but I dont think people realize the rivalry that once existed between these two schools. None of the old Alumni faithfuls want to see a merger, and they are the ones that now have the money and power to decide..........

The only thing they really have is smaller classes. We are the only school that offers college level courses. Paris students have to come here to take college prep classes. We also offer vocational and shop classes that Paris does not that Paris students come here to take.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13