St. Xavier/Henry Clay predictions

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry Clay looked awfully good in their scrimmage against Pulaski Co., who is ranked #9 pre-season in 5A.

I understand what you are saying, but there is night-and-day difference between Pulaski County and St. Xavier.

Henry Clay will match-up well with X, though. I'd expect St. X to win somewhere in the 35-21 range, though.

I understand what you are saying, but there is night-and-day difference between Pulaski County and St. Xavier.

Henry Clay will match-up well with X, though. I'd expect St. X to win somewhere in the 35-21 range, though.

There is a difference. My point was that Henry Clay played awfully well. I know what St. X and Trinity bring. I have coached aginst the Shamrocks.

There is a difference. My point was that Henry Clay played awfully well. I know what St. X and Trinity bring. I have coached aginst the Shamrocks.

I gotcha! It will be interesting to see this scrimmage. Many think Henry Clay is the best public team in 6A. How they match up with X could show us what the chances of someone not named X or T have of winning 6A.

I gotcha! It will be interesting to see this scrimmage. Many think Henry Clay is the best public team in 6A. How they match up with X could show us what the chances of someone not named X or T have of winning 6A.

Lots of good talent on Henry Clay, but the caution is that the talent is young talent, many of whom have not played much varsity football.

As the season goes on and the sophomores and juniors gain some experience, this could be a team with an opportunity to go deep into the playoffs.

The St. Xavier scrimmage on Friday should be a great learning experience for the speedy Blue Devils. Their speed will create problems for St. X.

If I was predicting, I would certainly go with the experienced Tigers.

Lots of good talent on Henry Clay, but the caution is that the talent is young talent, many of whom have not played much varsity football.

As the season goes on and the sophomores and juniors gain some experience, this could be a team with an opportunity to go deep into the playoffs.

The St. Xavier scrimmage on Friday should be a great learning experience for the speedy Blue Devils. Their speed will create problems for St. X.

If I was predicting, I would certainly go with the experienced Tigers.

St.X has a little speed also.:sssh:

St.X has a little speed also.:sssh:

Obviously St. X has good high school football speed. To be as strong a team year-in, year-out as they have been they are putting good athletes on the field.

But they are not in the same class, speedwise, by comparison.

Henry Clay has track-like sprinter's speed. It is the fastest team I have seen in Kentucky football. There are about a dozen kids who can fly at the high school level. But again, many of the speed merchants are young and just learning to play the game at the varsity level. Once they settle in and understand how to effective use the speed in the games, watch out!

HC has had some of the best talent in the state several times in the last four or five years. They have yet to prove they can play smart football for four quarters in the big games both from a player and coaching stand point. I hope that changes this year and they live up to the hype for a change. X has a lot more speed then most people think and will once again be the team to beat in 6A.