Ludlow

He's been under the critical eye of the board members for two years. I wasn't trying to imply that anything happened to him, but it is relatively general knowledge that a couple of board members have been breathing down his neck.

Why has he been under the critical eye? Because they've not won their district or region? I'm sorry, but Cory Highfield is a good man, a good educator and a good basketball coach. I don't understand why certain people in Ludlow are trying to run him out? Coach Beard had a great run of talent, and when that talent graduated, he stepped back. Coach Highfield has had one "good" 9th region player since he has taken over, and they went to the Regionals.

No truth at all to him leaving.

I believe that Highfield does a great job considering the talent he has to work with at Ludlow. I don't see a better candidate coming to replace him because Ludlow is not a very attractive job around the state.

Ludlow has not had a lot of talent the past few seasons. In a school the size of Ludlow, you will see dry spells.

All division III teams will go through dry spells. Calvary is about to have a few down years, same with Beechwood. Meanwhile, Dayton is about to have an upswing, and so is Villa. Division III is all about catching a talented class coming through. The larger school will consistently have talent year in and year out.

They only way that Ludlow can remain competetive is to build at the elementary and middle school, hope that you get some good West Covington kids, and then not lose any kids to Covington Catholic. Are they building in the early grades?