Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino involved in an extortion attempt..

Featured Replies

  • Replies 285
  • Views 37.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

"If the condom doesn't fit, you must acquit"

 

One Louisville station has an interview or audio tape with the Lady in Lavender and supposedly the FBI now has it....or the station is holding on to it.

I really hate this for the Louisville program after all the accomplishments on the court this year. I guess old Slick Rick decided he needed some off the court accomplishments to go with it?

 

Seriously though, this will taint his career for ever, might even end it quicker than he likes. How do you sell your personal integrity to a top recruit and his parents?

I really hate this for the Louisville program after all the accomplishments on the court this year. I guess old Slick Rick decided he needed some off the court accomplishments to go with it?

 

Seriously though, this will taint his career for ever, might even end it quicker than he likes. How do you sell your personal integrity to a top recruit and his parents?

 

 

No wonder the NBA rumor is hot right now...

No wonder the NBA rumor is hot right now...

 

If he leaves Louisville because of this, there is going to be a few more top recruits on the market. This is going to be a very interesting few weeks.

If slick rick bolts for the NBA, maybe we can get his highly touted guard (Siva?) as he may de-commit? He looked pretty good in the McDonalds game and Slam Dunk contest.

Is that Stifler's mom?

 

:laugh:

Where is Joann Pitino? I had heard back last year that they didn't live together anymore, she lived in Florida...is this true?

 

 

I'd not heard anything like that. Although I admittedly have not seen her in about 2-3 weeks.

Uh oh, Rick's in trouble........I wonder how UL will feel if the allegations are true. I could see him parting town amist this scandle.

Love it for UofL, hate it was Pitinio involved. I hope this doesn't tarnish his reputation on the court.

 

Two totally different things.

I understand how despicable it is if Pitino did, indeed, have an affair.

 

But, that doesn't justify extortion.

 

 

I agree. IF this happened, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Shame on Pitino for going outside his marriage, unacceptable...

 

But extortion? Are you serious???

WDRB announced that it has been investigating this matter for weeks and identified the individual, by name, as the wife of the basketball team's equipment manager. They even had an exclusive interview with her on tape, but decided not to show it at this time. Mmmmm.:sssh::scared:

I am afraid that this could get real ugly.

Well, the story is becoming more clear:

 

The extortionist is apparently Ms. Sypher herself. It appears Mr. Sypher himself is NOT at all involved and, at least what I get from his comments, does not even consider her claims toward Coach Pitino valid:

 

4/19/09

 

This morning, U of L equipment manager Tim Sypher, whose wife, Karen, has been identified as the person making allegations -- and allegedly trying to extort -- U of L basketball coach Rick Pitino, issued this statement through the university's sports information office.

 

"I am devastated by the bizarre allegations that my estranged wife is making against both Coach Pitino and myself. At this point, my primary concern is for my young daughter and four stepsons, both to the impact of their mother's actions on them, as well as the impact on Coach's family and the University. I love my children, and want to protect them. At the same time, I intend to defend the allegations vigorously and will have no additional comment at this time. "

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.