Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thabeet going Pro

Featured Replies

Anyways, I think Thabeet was the most overrated player in the NCAA this year, and will be a worse version of Greg Oden in the NBA.

 

He reminds me of Hibbert. Alot of hype, some good collegiate Defense and nothing else. Another wasted lottery pick

Like him or not, he is probably a top 2 or 3 pick on potential, more than anything else. You can't teach size, and his got a lot of it. He has actually drastically improved since his freshman year, the guys has only been playing basketball for 5 or 6 years, he has the potential to get a lot better. I think he is much more of a prospect than Oden, he is a much better defender. Reminds me a lot of Mutombo.

 

There are many many likenesses. Great comparison.

He wasnt in the NBA this year??:idunno:

 

:lol::lol::lol: He just left college didn't he?

 

NCAA. Excuse me...

I don't think Thabeet will be effective at all in the pros.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Thabeet didn't start playing basketball until he was much older than your typically basketball player.

 

He has loads of potential. I like Thabeet, and I think he'll have a solid NBA career.

Comparing him to Hibbert? Really? Wow...

Very athletic and 7'3" aren't very common. Sure his offensive game needs work but if he can block 3-4 shots/ game that's just as good as scoring on the offensive end. I saw a graphic of him possibly going to OKC, a team like that already has some very young scorers, so no need for Thabeet to be anything but a defensive stopper.

Comparing him to Hibbert? Really? Wow...

 

He's big & he's from the Big East.

 

That's about it.

^ Agreed...Hibbert was much more polished offensively, wow I can't believe I just said that. It speaks more to Thabeet's terrible post play.

^ Agreed...Hibbert was much more polished offensively, wow I can't believe I just said that. It speaks more to Thabeet's terrible post play.

 

Thabeet

13.6 ppg

10.8 rpg

4.2 bpg

64.0% FG

62.7% FT

 

Hibbert

13.4 ppg

6.4 rpg

2.2 bpg

60.9% FG

64.6% FT

 

 

He may have been more polished, but that doesn't mean better or more effective offensively. Thabeet is light years ahead of him in athleticism and potential, not to mention his presence on the defensive end. I'm more polished offensively than some of guys I've seen at high levels of basketball...that doesn't mean much.

 

The comparisons between these two end with being seven footers in the Big East.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.