Thabeet going Pro

KNOWITALL

Like him or not, he is probably a top 2 or 3 pick on potential, more than anything else. You can't teach size, and his got a lot of it. He has actually drastically improved since his freshman year, the guys has only been playing basketball for 5 or 6 years, he has the potential to get a lot better. I think he is much more of a prospect than Oden, he is a much better defender. Reminds me a lot of Mutombo.

There are many many likenesses. Great comparison.

Very athletic and 7'3" aren't very common. Sure his offensive game needs work but if he can block 3-4 shots/ game that's just as good as scoring on the offensive end. I saw a graphic of him possibly going to OKC, a team like that already has some very young scorers, so no need for Thabeet to be anything but a defensive stopper.

^ Agreed...Hibbert was much more polished offensively, wow I can't believe I just said that. It speaks more to Thabeet's terrible post play.

Thabeet

13.6 ppg

10.8 rpg

4.2 bpg

64.0% FG

62.7% FT

Hibbert

13.4 ppg

6.4 rpg

2.2 bpg

60.9% FG

64.6% FT

He may have been more polished, but that doesn't mean better or more effective offensively. Thabeet is light years ahead of him in athleticism and potential, not to mention his presence on the defensive end. I'm more polished offensively than some of guys I've seen at high levels of basketball...that doesn't mean much.

The comparisons between these two end with being seven footers in the Big East.