Just for fun... How would Boone County have done in the State tournament?

I agree. Boone would have made it to Elliot. Boone's guards certainly would have matched up pretty well with Elliot's guards. Cotton would have been able to stay with Ferguson. Gabbard and Popp can play with the Faulkners, but Boone was using only one guard at the end of the season, so that would have been a problem for them against Elliot.
It would have been a problem against Christian County, too.

Boone had a lot going for them. Versitile with their tempo. Defensively sound. Pretty athletic. What I wasn't impressed with though was the trouble they had scoring the ball. They had no 3 ball to speak of. They were awful from the line. When they did score it was typically painful to watch where they usually seemed to score on second, third, forth etc... chance attempts. Sure, if they were playing a lesser team (smaller, slower) than themselves they could rack up some points in transistion, but they weren't going to be facing any lesser teams if they had made it to Rupp, and without a 3 ball and being terrible from the line, they would have been 1 and done.

They actually shot pretty well from the line this year--71% as a team. Gabbard and Popp both shot over 80%. McFarland improved to the 60s this year. They shot 47% from FG range, which isn't bad at all. Their offense did put MUCH less (too little IMO) emphasis on the 3-ball this year. I think the 9th's two best teams would be better than the best team from many regions in the state, just as the 7th's and 11th's would.

I think Holmes had a big advantage where Boone Co. did not have becasue most of Holmes players have been in the games at Rupp before and played in front of those large crowds, in fact I think that gave Holmes an advantage over a lot of schools that were in the sweet 16, that being said, no one knows but I think Boone may have lost their first game, but I would have been rooting for the Rebels just the same and Boone will be very good again next year as will be Highlands and Holmes.

Edited by spindoc
rule #13

Boone possibly beating Elliott would have never transpired because Boone wouldn't have made it past Christian County.

You may be right. However, I was just talking about a BC, EC matchup if they would of played at anytime this year. Boone's size and D would of caused EC Problems imo.