Vanderbilt 77 Kentucky 64

saint4

Give it up GT. Some people will agrue that blue is black. For the record, I work along side Patrick Patterson's high school coach's ex wife. Coach McGuffin has verifed he was going to committ to Tubby and the Wildcats.

:thumb: Thank you, that is fact and what I have said all along. (on both bolded statements :cool:)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm not argiung you on the commitments of these two players, you have to admit that Tubbly slipped up in recruiting while he was there. He was so loyal to assistants that couldn't recruit that it was nutty. He did get a few big prizes, but he got a ton of talent that can't be on a roster if you as a program strive to be in the top 10 every year and compete for titles.

Was that you that told the story of the assistant coaches having to ask someone else who Kevin Durant was?

No doubt it had slipped some. The biggest thing was they only focused on one or two targets instead of casting a wide net to provide better back up options if your main prospects went elsewhere. I think his staff was part lazy, and part very poorly connected on the grassroots scene. That's a bad recipe.

I have told the Durant story before. It's been around a while...