Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt 77 Kentucky 64

Featured Replies

Sure. Why not?

However, they need Patterson.

I think they can win out at home. Beating Tennessee and LSU would help resume...take care of Georgia. Pick one up at SC or Florida.

As good as SC's guards were against UK, they lost that game on the defensive glass.

Gotta have faith.

  • Replies 182
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure. Why not?

However, they need Patterson.

I think they can win out at home. Beating Tennessee and LSU would help resume...take care of Georgia. Pick one up at SC or Florida.

As good as SC's guards were against UK, they lost that game on the defensive glass.

Gotta have faith.

 

 

Well we're find out soon enough.

He is horrific when he gets UK games. UK is 6-7 when he refs UK games, this year.

How they get him 13 times in a season is hard to fathom.

He and BCG dont get along.

 

The numbers I heard were 6-7 the last 2 seasons. Are you sure he has reffed us 13 times this year?

After doing some research, Tony Greene has been the ref for 6 UK games this season. @ Vanderbilt (L), Florida (W), South Carolina (L), @ Tennessee (W),@ Louisville (L), and Miami, FL (L). So 2-4 with him this year.

Last year he was the ref 6 times. Arkansas (W), South Carolina (W), @ Florida (L), Vanderbilt (W), UAB (L), and Texas Southern (W). So 4-2 last year. I count 8-8 with Gillispie as coach. So 8 of BCG's 21 losses.

Any win without Patterson is a bonus. In listening to games this year I find it odd when announcers say UK has two players that could start for any team in the country. When they used to say UK has players coming off the bench that could start for anyone. Let's see we went down there last year full strength and lost by 41, we go this year without our best inside man and lose by 13 and the sky is falling. I don't think so.

It's so frustrating watching a team continually turn the ball over so many times.

 

Just had 15..thats about 8 below average

UK is not as bad as many on here are saying right now. They aren't as great as many said earlier in the season. They did not have Patterson and Vandy had their big man which they didn't have the first time.

 

I have come to the realization that either Billy Clyde is a basketball genius and the rest of us aren't smart enough to get it, or he is starting to crack a little bit under the pressure. I see some players improving like Miller, Galloway, Stewart (but after a good game, he probably won't play Saturday), but as a team, I don't see them getting any better. They key right now is to get Patterson back and finish strong. I see 3-2 down the stretch, possibly 4-1, but also there is a chance of 2-3 or 1-4. At this point, I just don't know.

 

The offense without Patterson seems to be 'run Jodie run' and see if he can get himself open. Their screening was horrible last night. I never saw a double screen the entire game, and during Jodie's big games, it seemed liked there were several of them run.

 

If it were me, I would use a different lineup. Galloway, Meeks, Patterson, Stevenson & Liggins. Use Harrelson, Porter, Miller, Stewart and Harris off the bench but very little of Harris right now.

Any win without Patterson is a bonus. In listening to games this year I find it odd when announcers say UK has two players that could start for any team in the country. When they used to say UK has players coming off the bench that could start for anyone. Let's see we went down there last year full strength and lost by 41, we go this year without our best inside man and lose by 13 and the sky is falling. I don't think so.

 

Last year's 41 points loss was a freak thing. Vandy could have beaten anyone that night and UK played awful. It happens and I don't put too much stock in just one game.

 

The only time since Joe B Hall was there do I remember players coming off the bench that could have started other places was '96 and '97 when we had all american players on the floor. By '98, those players were gone. The college game has changed and very few teams have those top notch caliber players on their bench anymore.

 

I agree, the sky is not falling, but it is a little bit cloudy right now.

Do people not realize that when you aren't that great anyway and your best palyer is out that it's going to be tough to get a road win in the conference? They didn't play well and Vandy shot 40 FT's. That is not going to equal a win. As LABS pointed out w/ Patterson out Meeks has to be on and be on against defenses only worried about him for them to win. If Patterson plays Saturday and they get the win they will end up dancing.

1. Whatever that was that U.K. called playing basketball last night was a joke, imo by far their worst performance of the season.

2. Yes, the officiating was terrible and imo was very one sided against U.K.(I hardly ever say anything like that) and I agree that Tony Green is horrible. Now.......as horrible and pathetic as the officiating was I cannot blame a loss in this game on the officiating with as terrible as U.K. played tonight.

3. Kevin Stallings is one great coach imo. I personally feel that he is still underrated on the national scene, people that follow the SEC and know anything about the game know how good of a coach he is.

I can only hope that BCG was taking notes bc Stallings flat outcoached him and took him to school.:irked:

4. I cannot stand Olgilvy (just throwing that out there:D)

5. I am like alot of others on here that have posted about some of the personel moves/decision made last night. There may very well be reasons that I (we) don't know why Stevenson and Harrelleson spent a big part of the game on the bench but I just don't understand at all why they were.

6. 3 games out of the last 5 imo are needed going into the SEC tournament and then 1 or 2 wins in the tournament for the Cats to get in the NCAA. I think that we will get UGA and I personally think that we will knock off USC and have to hope for one vs. U.F.,LSU or U.T.. All three will imo be tough wins to get as will USC.

7. Being a U.K. fan there is no way that I am bailing on or will trash this team or BCG. Yes, BCG imo was severly outcoached last night and I am still mad about and question some of his decisions or lack there of. That does not mean that I am ready to fire the guy or start or a BCG bashers club. Looks like one is already started, (only the coaches names change in that club:rolleyes:).

8. Vandy did a great job in defending Meeks imo and he still gets 26, the guy imo should no doubt be P.O.Y. in the SEC.

9. On the road in conference without Patterson we knew (or should have) that it was going to be tough. Couple that with the way we played and you get a big " L"

10. Understatement of the year.....we need Patterson back. (Meeks is great but cannot go off for 40-50+ every night)

 

This post probably didn't make any sense, I am still mad and was just going on and on. (LOL)

 

Tennessse comes into Rupp this Saturday...............GO Big Blue!!!!.

Edited by oldrambler

Well Stewart looked solid tonight. Miller is horrible. Patterson needs to get healthy ASAP.

 

Stewart looked good offensively, but he did not rebound and cannot play defense without fouling.

Then learn to play defense, and quit fouling.

 

They need to learn how to take a charge. If you can't keep them out of the lane, you either have to block a lot of shots, take some charges or foul. Patterson was out and Stevenson might as well have been somewhere else last night, so blocking shots was not an option, which results in the fouling option.:ohbrother:

How could Harrelson do any worse than butterfingers Stevenson? Perry cant catch the ball in traffic and simply lets people take the ball from him so much. It's time that Stewart got his minutes.

 

Stewart about played the maximum minutes(12) last night that he can play in a game. He would foul out of every game if he got 15-20 minutes of PT.

I think this team can go 3-2 and then win a game in the SEC tourney and they'll be in. If they go 4-1 or 5-0, they can lose the first game in the SEC tourney and be in. If they go 2-3 or 1-4, they'll have to win several games in the SEC tourney. There's still alot of basketball to be played and to be honest, if they make the NIT - I'll be right there cheering for them to cut the nets down.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.