February 18, 200917 yr I bet you've been right about every game eh? Wow, I wish I had that gift. There have been a some games that have surprised me. The Alabama and VMI games come to mind.
February 18, 200917 yr Now this is something that I don't understand. Everybody keeps saying the SEC will get 4 or 5 teams in the NCAA tournament, and Kentucky is one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the SEC. Assuming Kentucky doesn't completely bomb the next 4 games, I think they're in. There are 5 games left. Would 2-3 not be considered bombing?
February 18, 200917 yr There were a LOT of touch fouls on our end and Vandy did a lot of uncalled grabbing, I thought. I would rather eat mud beside of the sewage treatment plant than to lose to Vandy. I'm getting to the point that I don't know if I hate Stallings or Ogilvy more....
February 18, 200917 yr There are 5 games left. Would 2-3 not be considered bombing? So if they go 3-2 they still need to win the SEC tournament to get in?
February 18, 200917 yr So under your scenario, if UK wins a game or even two games in the SEC tourney they do not get in with 21 or 22 wins. I disagree. You really think that UK will become the first team from one of the power conferences with a winning conference record and 22 wins to not make the NCAA tourney??? If they finish 9-7 in the regular season, then yes.
February 18, 200917 yr So if they go 3-2 they still need to win the SEC tournament to get in? No, I think 3-2, and a couple of wins in the SEC tournament would get them in.
February 18, 200917 yr This team plays the WORST defense I've ever seen. Guys standing straight up. When was the last time we have ever seen a UK team/player guard a dang passing lane without getting beat backdoor. Everybody lets their guy penetrate, then when he gets in the lane 3 guys jump up to block a shot at one time. Noone boxes out. The defensive effort/attention to detail was hilarious. We finally had someone take a charge today (thank you AJ Stewart). Vandy just scored 77 points because this group of Wildcats refused to get down and actually play some defense!!! The refs should have been something that this team should have overcome. The other team shot 40 free throws because UK couldn't defend a soul. 77 points (:lol:) to Vandy (:ohbrother:). This team is going no where fast. If they don't at least go 4-1 down the stretch, any shot of the NCAA's is out. It might already be. Maybe I should thank Vandy because I won't let my hopes get that high for this UK team anymore. :taz::walk::eyeonyou::puke:
February 18, 200917 yr Billy G is too stubborn for his own good. If he is going to sit Harrelson for the entire game, then he can't try to grind it out being undersized. His substitution patterns are awful and it's really starting to cost them. I didn't think it was a bad effort from most of the guys besides Stevenson and Porter didn't show up at all. UK just isn't good enough to win without Patterson unless Jodie is on fire. Excellent post. I liked what BCG did tonight with some of his lineups, but you simply cannot have Liggins & Galloway guarding Ogilvy. I just don't see how you can start somebody (Harrelson) and then not even play him in the 2nd half? Billy Clyde's substitution patters are frustrating & confusing for the fans. I can only imagine what they must be like for the players... Vandy won this game because of their free throw shooting. It was a combination of poor defense, poor effort, trying to block too many shots, a few questionable calls and a few poor calls. Add all that together with the fact that they shot close to 80% from the line, and you've got a recipe for disaster. What can you say about Michael Porter? Just when I thought (hoped?) he had turned the corner, he puts in one of his worst performances of the year. AJ Stewart showed me a lot tonight. He has a smooth stroke and he's as athletic as anybody on the floor. He needs to play better D, but I'd like to see him in there with Patterson when PP comes back. I think Kentucky wins this game if Patterson plays. I do like the thought of Liggins, Meeks, Galloway, Stewart / Miller & Patterson.
February 18, 200917 yr There are 5 games left. Would 2-3 not be considered bombing? 2-3 is borderline and would require a better showing in the SEC tournament. 2-3 would also make them play on Day 1 of the SEC tourney (I think) and that would allow them to get another win. 3-2 would most likely get them a bye in the SEC tourney, right? 3-2 gets them into the NCAA, I think, barring a 1st round loss in the SEC tourney.
February 18, 200917 yr I don't know why you guys are getting upset at me. I'm just trying to be honest here. This is not the same UK team that won 13 out of 14 games. This team has gotten worse, instead of better over the past several weeks.
February 18, 200917 yr No, I think 3-2, and a couple of wins in the SEC tournament would get them in. I know Wireman did not deliver on the wings he owed either you or Tusi, but I'll go a hot fudge sundae wager on that one... No way a 10-6 team in a power conference is left out of the dance, even with a loss in the first game of the SEC tourney... Any takers??? We could do another avatar wager...
February 18, 200917 yr I know Wireman did not deliver on the wings he owed either you or Tusi, but I'll go a hot fudge sundae wager on that one... No way a 10-6 team in a power conference is left out of the dance, even with a loss in the first game of the SEC tourney... Any takers??? We could do another avatar wager... So are you betting that UK finishes 10-6 in the regular season? Is that the bet? If so, I'm all over it.
February 18, 200917 yr I don't know why you guys are getting upset at me. I'm just trying to be honest here. This is not the same UK team that won 13 out of 14 games. This team has gotten worse, instead of better over the past several weeks. You are the one who shot at me when I said it wasn't to the point where we have to win the SEC tournament to get in :idunno:
February 18, 200917 yr So are you betting that UK finishes 10-6 in the regular season? Is that the bet? If so, I'm all over it. I think he is saying that if they finish 10-6, they'll be in.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.