February 18, 200917 yr Hey, nobody wants you to be right more than me. I hope that I have to eat crow, and take all kinds of abuse over the next 3-4 weeks, but I just don't see it happening. I plan on performing all kinds of abuse on you no matter what happens :taz:
February 18, 200917 yr I plan on performing all kinds of abuse on you no matter what happens :taz: If the Cats finish like I expect, you'll be too busy crying in your milk.
February 18, 200917 yr I seem to remember a lot of similar talk about Rich Brooks at this point in his tenure.... Difference is that Brooks took over a program on probation, loss of schollys, etc. Billy took over a team with some talent. And in basketball, .. you can build a program MUCH more quickly with 1 or 2 solid players (circa Jamal Mashburn for Pitino) than in football. MEEKS was named the Southeastern Conference (SEC) Freshman of the Week three times during his freshman season. Meeks was a unanimous selection to the SEC All-Freshman team. He was also recognized among Americas best freshman selected by The Collegeinsider.com to the Freshmen All-America team. The Freshmen All-America team consists of 16 players selected by Division I coaches and NBA scouts. CRAWFORD was a McDonalds AA BRADLEY was highly sought after JASPER was an up an comer with loads of upside PATTERSON was one of the best HS players in the country that came into his own VERY quickly and had a better season than his predecessor (MORRIS) who was just lazy His first year BCG had major injuries to key players (Patterson, Meeks and Jasper) which really hurt the Cats. Outside of Patterson, where are his big name recruits? If Patterson and Meeks both stay, he will only have 1 scholly unless someone else leaves. And now we are in a weakened SEC according to most experts and many on here. Situations nowhere near the same between Brooks and BCG. However, while I am down on BCG a little bit right now, I am not about to write him or the Cats off just yet. Had Patterson played, I think UK wins (but who knows for sure) and this entire thread would be entirely different. It is still just one game, but it was an important one.
February 18, 200917 yr Just curious, does the selection committee take into consideration a player like Patterson being out for this game? Yes
February 18, 200917 yr In my research I have found two teams from a power conference that had a winning conference record and had 21 regular season wins that did NOT make the dance. Syracuse and Kansas State in 2007. They were 10-6 in the league and finished the regular season 21-9 and 21-10 respectively. I think a 3-2 finish will get UK in.
February 18, 200917 yr If the Cats finish like I expect, you'll be too busy crying in your milk. I'll be upset for a day or two, but not close to some fans.
February 18, 200917 yr In my research I have found two teams from a power conference that had a winning conference record and had 21 regular season wins that did NOT make the dance. Syracuse and Kansas State in 2007. They were 10-6 in the league and finished the regular season 21-9 and 21-10 respectively. I think a 3-2 finish will get UK in. The problem with that is the Big 12 and Big East were much stronger than the SEC is this year.
February 18, 200917 yr The problem with that is the Big 12 and Big East were much stronger than the SEC is this year. Yup. A 3-2 finish wish a first round loss in the SEC tourney will make me verrrrrry nervous.
February 18, 200917 yr It's so frustrating watching a team continually turn the ball over so many times.
February 18, 200917 yr This team is terrible. I really don't see what people expect BCG to do. Granted, there are some things that confuse me- today it was why Harrelson didn't play in the 2nd half- but there is not much that could have been done to win this game. Porter, Stevenson (w/o Patterson), and Harris are all horrible. Turnovers over and over and over. Galloway, Stewart, and Liggins all played OK, but went invisible at times. Meeks forces shot- he is trying to break a record every game. The only player who looks like he knows what he is doing (in terms of getting to the passing lanes and working for open shots) is Miller, and he is too prone to forcing bad passes and, in general, mental mistakes.
February 18, 200917 yr This team is terrible. I really don't see what people expect BCG to do. Granted, there are some things that confuse me- today it was why Harrelson didn't play in the 2nd half- but there is not much that could have been done to win this game. Porter, Stevenson (w/o Patterson), and Harris are all horrible. Turnovers over and over and over. Galloway, Stewart, and Liggins all played OK, but went invisible at times. Meeks forces shot- he is trying to break a record every game. The only player who looks like he knows what he is doing (in terms of getting to the passing lanes and working for open shots) is Miller, and he is too prone to forcing bad passes and, in general, mental mistakes. Meeks is just trying to help his team win and forcing shots is sometimes a part of that as a big time scorer.
February 18, 200917 yr The problem with that is the Big 12 and Big East were much stronger than the SEC is this year. Actually they look to be about the same. 2007 B12 was rated 6th best and the BEast was 5th best. Most have the SEC 5th or 6th best so far this season... http://kenpom.com/conf.php?c=B12&y=2007 We shall see. There have been many teams with much worse records get in and only 2 that I can find that have been left out with 21 regular season wins and a winning record in a power conference.
February 18, 200917 yr IMO Tony Green is the worst official ive seen. He is horrific when he gets UK games. UK is 6-7 when he refs UK games, this year. How they get him 13 times in a season is hard to fathom. He and BCG dont get along. Season. Killer. They'd better win on Saturday. Not a season killer. Didn't help but without 54 and Meeks not hitting, it will be a struggle. As many have said, those refs were calling very iffy fouls on UK and letting Meeks get hammered when he drove the lane, every little body touch UK had on V was a foul, at one point I think tUK had 4 fouls in less than 25 seconds. Would like to know why Harrelson didn't play. I'd even like to have seen Carter in there. There is as much inconsisty with the UK fans than there are with the UK players. I mean 1 game Miller is awesome, now he sucks, one game Liggins is a good driver, then he sucks, one game Porter is seeing the basket much better and getting his groove, now he sucks. This whole back and forth thing with the fans makes me sick, not the players. Meeks definitely does not get the "Calathes treatment" from the officials. Harellson played 7 minutes and did not get a single rebound. It wouldn't matter. My 7th grade son can set better screens than UK is right now. I never even saw an attempt at a double screen. With Patterson out what choice do you have but make every trip down the floor a Jodie Meeks screenfest. The guy works his but off and gets no help. I do not understand BCG's going with the small lineup, getting totally dominated on the boards and leaving Meeks to fend for himself. Absolutely terrible coaching performance. I saw a few staggers and doubles for Meeks. Small lineup gave them a boost in first half. Wonder why UK gets him so much? He is AWFUL BCG has been T'd up by him twice this year and nearly got it against Florida. This team plays the WORST defense I've ever seen. Guys standing straight up. When was the last time we have ever seen a UK team/player guard a dang passing lane without getting beat backdoor. Everybody lets their guy penetrate, then when he gets in the lane 3 guys jump up to block a shot at one time. Noone boxes out. The defensive effort/attention to detail was hilarious. We finally had someone take a charge today (thank you AJ Stewart). Vandy just scored 77 points because this group of Wildcats refused to get down and actually play some defense!!! The refs should have been something that this team should have overcome. The other team shot 40 free throws because UK couldn't defend a soul. 77 points (:lol:) to Vandy (:ohbrother:). This team is going no where fast. If they don't at least go 4-1 down the stretch, any shot of the NCAA's is out. It might already be. Maybe I should thank Vandy because I won't let my hopes get that high for this UK team anymore. :taz::walk::eyeonyou::puke: Relax dude. Boxing out is overrated at the college level...more about positioning and going and getting the ball. They shot 40 foul shots...only about 4-5 were late in game. They left their feet quite a bit. Difference is that Brooks took over a program on probation, loss of schollys, etc. Billy took over a team with some talent. And in basketball, .. you can build a program MUCH more quickly with 1 or 2 solid players (circa Jamal Mashburn for Pitino) than in football. MEEKS was named the Southeastern Conference (SEC) Freshman of the Week three times during his freshman season. Meeks was a unanimous selection to the SEC All-Freshman team. He was also recognized among Americas best freshman selected by The Collegeinsider.com to the Freshmen All-America team. The Freshmen All-America team consists of 16 players selected by Division I coaches and NBA scouts. CRAWFORD was a McDonalds AA BRADLEY was highly sought after JASPER was an up an comer with loads of upside PATTERSON was one of the best HS players in the country that came into his own VERY quickly and had a better season than his predecessor (MORRIS) who was just lazy His first year BCG had major injuries to key players (Patterson, Meeks and Jasper) which really hurt the Cats. Outside of Patterson, where are his big name recruits? If Patterson and Meeks both stay, he will only have 1 scholly unless someone else leaves. And now we are in a weakened SEC according to most experts and many on here. Situations nowhere near the same between Brooks and BCG. However, while I am down on BCG a little bit right now, I am not about to write him or the Cats off just yet. Had Patterson played, I think UK wins (but who knows for sure) and this entire thread would be entirely different. It is still just one game, but it was an important one. This team is young. The upperclassman are not very good. Meeks essentially a second year player...Galloway, Miller ( I think he may be best overall player) Harrellson, Liggins.... Im not all that mad about tonight...tough place to play, no Patterson...still think 4-1 down stretch gets them in.
February 18, 200917 yr Im not all that mad about tonight...tough place to play, no Patterson...still think 4-1 down stretch gets them in. Do you honestly think they have a shot at going 4-1 down the stretch? I just don't see it. I believe if they are able to pull that off then they are a lock to make the dance.
February 18, 200917 yr Well we might as well look at the future which could be good if Meeks and Patterson stay. They would have to be out of their minds to stay, with the people BCG puts on the floor with them. Their playing 3 against 5 most of the time. with porter and Harris in the game. I also don't think they will be the only ones to leave.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.