Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt 77 Kentucky 64

Featured Replies

All I know is that Billy Clyde better bring in a point guard next year that can PLAY!!!

  • Replies 182
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I seem to remember a lot of similar talk about Rich Brooks at this point in his tenure....

 

You are correct, very good point Bluto. I admit that I was one of the ones trashing Brooks and was proven wrong.

All I know is that Billy Clyde better bring in a point guard next year that can PLAY!!!

 

Or one that he will allow to play. :sssh:

I'm stunned that fans are shocked by this loss. UK, even when they are VERY good, struggle in Nashville. This was a no-brainer.

 

I still say they win 2 games max the rest of the regular season .

 

Don't forget that the selection committee also places a high priority on how you finish and UK will not score any points there. Add in one early victory over a top 25 team and the resume is thin.

 

I still say they're out. Hope I'm wrong.

Meeks is just trying to help his team win and forcing shots is sometimes a part of that as a big time scorer.

I know he is trying to help, and I know that big time scorers force shots. But it is one thing to take a semi-contested 3-pointer early in the shot clock as a forced shot, it is another to take a 25-footer with 3 guys on you.

 

But you will agree with me that the main problem is that fact that, especially without Patterson, teams don't have to guard anyone else. Meeks forcing shots is a symptom of that.

LSU is 10+ better than UK especially at home.

 

I'll take that line, UK getting 10 from a young LSU squad at home. That game will be much closer than you think IMO.

Tough loss, but there is some severe over reaction going on (of course, whats new?).

 

Vandy is always tough at home, UK isn't great this year anyway, AND they were missing Patterson. I don't see why everyone is so shocked.

 

Perry player horribly, and Josh wasn't so hot in his limited minutes. Very tough to compete with no inside player to go up against Ogilvy. Patterson would have made a big difference.

 

Even with the loss, I'm excited about the future with Liggins/Miller/Galloway. I think they're all coming along (Miller and KG in particular) and could be very interesting next year. Just to point out, UK had more assists and fewer turn overs than Vandy.

 

As everyone else has said, the officiating was horrendous. I think this was easily the worst officiated UK game of the year. BCG needs to call up Coach K for some advice on crying to the refs (without getting T'd up).

 

HALF of Vandy's points in the first half were from the FT line, and they had a 14 point edge on free throws (and won by 13 if anyone is keeping track).

 

Anyway, the world isn't ending, and UK doesn't have to win the SEC T to get to the NCAA T. If they win 4 more (any combination of regular season and SEC T) then they should be safely in. If they only win 3, it will be tough.

 

People forget this is still a relatively young team. There is basically no senior class, and only two juniors that should be seeing significant minutes for a typically UK team (Stevenson, Meeks). Then add in that the best sophmore has been playing with an injured finger (that was definitely decreasing his effectiveness) and has been out the last two games, and you end up relying on a BUNCH of inexperienced players.

 

Next year will be the first year we can really judge what BCG can do. I don't see Meeks or Patterson (or anyone else) leaving, so he should have a fairly complete lineup to play with.

 

Galloway/Liggins

Meeks/Hood

Miller (Harris left off on purpose)

Patterson/Stevenson

Orton/Harrellson

 

Thats a very solid and BIG lineup.

]

But you will agree with me that the main problem is that fact that, especially without Patterson, teams don't have to guard anyone else. Meeks forcing shots is a symptom of that.

 

No doubt.

They need to learn how to take a charge. If you can't keep them out of the lane, you either have to block a lot of shots, take some charges or foul. Patterson was out and Stevenson might as well have been somewhere else last night, so blocking shots was not an option, which results in the fouling option.:ohbrother:

 

Why this is a bad defensive team, IMO.

Tough loss, but there is some severe over reaction going on (of course, whats new?).

 

Vandy is always tough at home, UK isn't great this year anyway, AND they were missing Patterson. I don't see why everyone is so shocked.

 

Perry player horribly, and Josh wasn't so hot in his limited minutes. Very tough to compete with no inside player to go up against Ogilvy. Patterson would have made a big difference.

 

Even with the loss, I'm excited about the future with Liggins/Miller/Galloway. I think they're all coming along (Miller and KG in particular) and could be very interesting next year. Just to point out, UK had more assists and fewer turn overs than Vandy.

 

As everyone else has said, the officiating was horrendous. I think this was easily the worst officiated UK game of the year. BCG needs to call up Coach K for some advice on crying to the refs (without getting T'd up).

 

HALF of Vandy's points in the first half were from the FT line, and they had a 14 point edge on free throws (and won by 13 if anyone is keeping track).

 

Anyway, the world isn't ending, and UK doesn't have to win the SEC T to get to the NCAA T. If they win 4 more (any combination of regular season and SEC T) then they should be safely in. If they only win 3, it will be tough.

 

People forget this is still a relatively young team. There is basically no senior class, and only two juniors that should be seeing significant minutes for a typically UK team (Stevenson, Meeks). Then add in that the best sophmore has been playing with an injured finger (that was definitely decreasing his effectiveness) and has been out the last two games, and you end up relying on a BUNCH of inexperienced players.

 

Next year will be the first year we can really judge what BCG can do. I don't see Meeks or Patterson (or anyone else) leaving, so he should have a fairly complete lineup to play with.

 

Galloway/Liggins

Meeks/Hood

Miller (Harris left off on purpose)

Patterson/Stevenson

Orton/Harrellson

 

Thats a very solid and BIG lineup.

 

If Meeks and Patterson stay we definately have a lot of upside for next year. If not, then it'll probably be his worst year yet. However, he may get some halfway decent players in here over the next 3-4 years or so. I think the man deserves a chance. Looked at what he's had to work with to this point.

If Meeks and Patterson stay we definately have a lot of upside for next year. If not, then it'll probably be his worst year yet. However, he may get some halfway decent players in here over the next 3-4 years or so. I think the man deserves a chance. Looked at what he's had to work with to this point.

Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Stevenson, Jasper and the foundation laid to land Patterson. Just awful...

Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Stevenson, Jasper and the foundation laid to land Patterson. Just awful...

 

You have to admit though not having Meeks almost the whole year, Jasper not being healthy until January, and Patterson going down has made for a rough start. This year the loss of Jasper has really hurt, more than I thought it would with Liggins coming in.

Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Stevenson, Jasper and the foundation laid to land Patterson. Just awful...

 

Stevenson is horrible. Crawford was bad til BCG got ahold of him. Same with Bradley. Jasper played at 30% last year, missed half the year, then transferred. Patterson wasn;t coming here til BCG was hired. Nice try though bearcat.

Patterson wasn;t coming here til BCG was hired.

 

News to me..

News to me..

You can't be serious...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.