Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Baseball Discussion

Featured Replies

How would you know that until district play during the season was completed?

 

 

I think he was wondering about the All "A" but even that tourney has a while to go until the draw.

  • Replies 154
  • Views 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't have the pitching or offensive power to beat the larger schools consistently. Maybe against Dayton, Silver Grove, Villa, etc. but NCC, Beechwood, CovCath, Ryle. I just don't see it.

 

Oh but Bellevue did beat CovCath last year and in a one game winner take all first round contest, anything can happen. I can only guess that Belevue wishes that in baseball (at least this year), it was a seeded tourney. My guess is they would have a very good chance of being seeded first or second, but with a blind draw and their lack of pitching depth, getting on the same side of the bracket as NCC and HHS they would lose out.....

Oh but Bellevue did beat CovCath last year and in a one game winner take all first round contest, anything can happen. I can only guess that Belevue wishes that in baseball (at least this year), it was a seeded tourney. My guess is they would have a very good chance of being seeded first or second, but with a blind draw and their lack of pitching depth, getting on the same side of the bracket as NCC and HHS they would lose out.....

 

Notice I said consistently. :thumb:

Notice I said consistently. :thumb:

 

Oh I know what you said but you must remember or at least you had better remember that in 2004, CovCath with a 27/5 record going into the first round of the 35th district tournament and they were to play Ludlow, who they consistently beat year after year. That year in fact they beat Ludlow by a score of 7-0 in the regular season but for that one game in that one year, they didn't win, in that very important first round district baseball game and it ended a year that many thought CovCath would win the state again....

I like HC to make a run in the All "A" and even the big one.

Where do the Bluebirds look to fit into the 9th region picture?

Where do the Bluebirds look to fit into the 9th region picture?

 

Somewhere in the 6 ish ranking in the preseason. I like CCH, NCC, Conner, Ryle, Beechwood, and maybe one more ahead of them like Dixie.

I think he was wondering about the All "A" but even that tourney has a while to go until the draw.

 

I was. And yes they already have.

They don't have the pitching or offensive power to beat the larger schools consistently. Maybe against Dayton, Silver Grove, Villa, etc. but NCC, Beechwood, CovCath, Ryle. I just don't see it.

 

Blue magic your probably right little ole Bellevue doesn't have a chance!:notworthy::notworthy:

 

By the way name the 2nd 3rd and 4th pitchers on NCC and Beechwood that are going to be soooooo much better than those at Bellevue.:confused::confused:

It might be just a bit early to rule teams out of the 9th Region. Of course there will be favorites with teams that have good track records with many returning starters. However, underestimating any team at this point could be embarrasing later. In Bellevues case..they could very well be a contender..now I don't have a dog in this fight. My son plays on a different team. But, on the other hand I do have the utmost respect for Bellevues coach. They have some respectable players which varsity experience which one should not underestimate. He's a seasoned coach and knows how to get his kids ready to play, regardless of the size of school. I'm curious to see who the sleepers are this year and look forward to seeing the amount of baseball talent there is in NKY.

They don't have the pitching or offensive power to beat the larger schools consistently. Maybe against Dayton, Silver Grove, Villa, etc. but NCC, Beechwood, CovCath, Ryle. I just don't see it.

 

Well I completely forgot CovCath and Ryle played in the All A this year :rolleyes:

They don't have the pitching or offensive power to beat the larger schools consistently. Maybe against Dayton, Silver Grove, Villa, etc. but NCC, Beechwood, CovCath, Ryle. I just don't see it.

 

Well last year I believe they took NCC to the final inning, and had the chance to win if it wasn't for a mess up on a suicide squeeze Bellevue has almost perfected since Coach Saunders has been there.

 

Covcath was defeated by the Tigers from Bellevue last year.

 

Last year Bellevue also played with Beechwood for a whole game.

 

They did all this with basically the same team, which by the way is all coming back again.

I would agree where the smaller schools year in and year out may not be able to compete consistently. However, it has nothing to do with athletic ability of the student/athlete. The Dayton, Bellevue, Ludlow, Silver Grove school districts quite Frankly do not have the numbers. So consistency and numbers can give larger schools the upper hand. With that said the class A schools can and have had successful runs but for the most part may only last 2-3 yrs, then they run dry. Beechwood is a fine school with great athletes. But they IMO due to location just off the Dixie as apposed to being land locked like most other class A schools can and has been successful in having kids who live in the district who would have possibly gone to Cov Cath or Dixie choose to stay in the district. Also, give credit where credit is due. Winning breeds winners. In Bellevues case this year they could very well be a thorn in several teams side. These kids think they can win and play with anybody and that makes them a very dangerous opponent. I personally played at a small school and at that time had to compete day in day out with the larger schools. Thank God we had some talent for a few years or my playing days may not been as enjoyable. I like what coach Sanders has done with the program in Bellevue. My son played summer ball with him and I spent many nights in the stands watching his interaction with the players. The summer team consisted of just one Bellevue player and the rest from several NK teams, and these were good kids. IMO this yrs Bellevue team regardless of who the pre-season picks are will turn heads before the end of the season. And thats saying a bunch because there are several very talented teams in NK this yr.:ylsuper:

Is Jones from Bellevue going to pitch some this year??? :idunno:

There has been some good points made on this thread about different teams that could be competitive. Even though NCC rose up at the end of last year to win, I believe this year there is Cov Cath as a clear favorite and then everybody else.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.