Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Baseball Discussion

Featured Replies

Beechwood should be listed on their too. I'm not sure if they even cut anybody for baseball or basketball. They go out and compete with all the top schools like Cov Cath. Sorry to rub it in to all the Colonels but they have beaten them in Football and Basketball twice.:jump: Although it appears to be very unlikely they will beat them in baseball.

  • Replies 154
  • Views 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hear from a fan of each team, give your scouting report on your team.

 

Bellevue:

 

Contrary to popular belief Bellevue season will not live or die with Hunter Jones. He will do his part. That's a given. The Tigers will go as far as their pitching will take them this year. They have reliable starting pitching in Scott and Piper but after that they are unproven. They will have good team speed and a lot of kids whom have always played on winning teams. These kids know how to win, which has been in short supply among the upper class men at Bellevue. The middle will be very solid with returners at short (Hunter Jones), second (David Combs), and Center (Thomas Barrett). The infield corners will be filled with some familiar faces but inexperienced at the positions. Ricky Buckler will compete for the third base job with Jim Scott, Billy Snider and others. With Tony Piper, Snider, Josh McIntyre and others competing at first base. Catching duties will fall to Alex Hegge, Travis Lyvers, and Shaun Kersey. The outfield corners will be filled with a combination of Scott, Lyvers, Travis Reeves, and Chad Thompson. All in all this will be the most experienced team Bellevue has fielded in quite some time. Hopefully it translates to wins.:dancingpa:dancingpa

 

 

 

 

 

 

Young is going to contribute on pitching also. He is Bellevue hardest throwing pitcher. He is also ging to play 3rd also.

Young is going to contribute on pitching also. He is Bellevue hardest throwing pitcher. He is also ging to play 3rd also.

 

Isn't Young left handed???

Isn't Young left handed???

 

No, Young is not left handed. He throws right handed and can bring it also.

No, Young is not left handed. He throws right handed and can bring it also.

 

Who is the left handed kid on the basketball team??

No, Young is not left handed. He throws right handed and can bring it also.

 

Has he been clocked?

 

Who throws the most heat in NKY?

Has he been clocked?

 

Who throws the most heat in NKY?

 

I'd guess Smith or Isler. I know Ice was clocked at 88 or 89 by Xavier.

Who is the left handed kid on the basketball team??

 

Thats Thomas Barrett. I think he pitches a little.

Thats Thomas Barrett. I think he pitches a little.

 

:thumb:

Is that the Young kid who also played basketball?

I'd guess Smith or Isler. I know Ice was clocked at 88 or 89 by Xavier.

 

That was consistently. I think he hit 90 to 91 at max.

That was consistently. I think he hit 90 to 91 at max.[/quote

 

That's a big jump from even this summer when he was throwing around mid-

80's...If he is throwing 88-89 consistently and throws strikes this season he will be one of the top pitchers in the state.

That was consistently. I think he hit 90 to 91 at max.[/quote

 

That's a big jump from even this summer when he was throwing around mid-

80's...If he is throwing 88-89 consistently and throws strikes this season he will be one of the top pitchers in the state.

 

He was throwing harder than mid 80s this summer. Obviously his arm is only getting stronger especially now that he is fully through his surgery and gaining strength back, but I sat behind two people clocking him at the regional semi's last year before summer even began and he was consistently throwing 86 and 87, lowest was 84. I believe same game Matt Nichols came in and I saw what they clocked him at as well.

 

He has been throwing upper 80's and touching 90 consistently from what a couple of people he works with have told me. If his off speed stuff is any good, he should be top notch.

 

Anyone know how hard Smith throws? I saw someone say he throws 93 on here?

That was consistently. I think he hit 90 to 91 at max.[/quote

 

That's a big jump from even this summer when he was throwing around mid-

80's...If he is throwing 88-89 consistently and throws strikes this season he will be one of the top pitchers in the state.

 

I'm pretty sure he has one D1 offer and there is at least one other school he's talking to.

 

I'm pretty sure he has one D1 offer and there is at least one other school he's talking to.

 

I have seen him throw several times and did see him this summer. I didn't have a gun but I didnt think he was up near 90 at any point. I still think he has excellent talent and should have a real good season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.