Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Baseball Discussion

Featured Replies

 

I I still think he has excellent talent and should have a real good season.

 

 

Trust me when I say that I have first-hand knowledge of the situation and , no, I'm not an Isler nor have I ever had a conversation with anyone in the Isler family. He threw well enough and hard enough recently for a D1 school that the coach said he would offer him (it may have already been offered) a 25% scholarship because of his size and his ability to throw. If he only hit 85 there would not have been interest.

 

They think that once he commits full-time to baseball that he can be a strong pitcher in a good D1 conference.

  • Replies 154
  • Views 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the Young kid who also played basketball?

 

Yep

Trust me when I say that I have first-hand knowledge of the situation and , no, I'm not an Isler nor have I ever had a conversation with anyone in the Isler family. He threw well enough and hard enough recently for a D1 school that the coach said he would offer him (it may have already been offered) a 25% scholarship because of his size and his ability to throw. If he only hit 85 there would not have been interest.

 

They think that once he commits full-time to baseball that he can be a strong pitcher in a good D1 conference.

 

I am positive their are a bunch of pitchers who throw in the mid-80's consistently that get signed D1... that was not my point as I happen to think he has a lot of talent and can play D1. Once again, throwin g87-88 consistently means that you do that 80%+ of the time for the duration of a game. After watching him pitch multiple times I am saying I didn't see that. You also need 3 pitches that you can throw with confidence and control, and he probably needs to develope 1 more off-speed pitch, but that can be done.

You also need 3 pitches that you can throw with confidence and control, and he probably needs to develope 1 more off-speed pitch, but that can be done.

 

Assuming D1 college having pitching coaches, we agree.

Is Roenker pitching every game?

 

Lol... Already? I thought we'd at least wait til he threw seven innings before that started.:lol:

My favorite part of the baseball season is getting on here right at the beginning of the season and hearing how many pitchers throw 90 mph right here in NKY. It always amazes me.

My favorite part of the baseball season is getting on here right at the beginning of the season and hearing how many pitchers throw 90 mph right here in NKY. It always amazes me.

 

I'm with you...:idunno:

My favorite part of the baseball season is getting on here right at the beginning of the season and hearing how many pitchers throw 90 mph right here in NKY. It always amazes me.

 

Last year it was 85 mph - there were "numerous" kids who threw 85 mph. Looks like we upped the ante to 90 mph this year. There may be 1 or 2 kids who touch that figure, but they are few and far between. If you can throw strikes at 90 mph at the high school level, you are a complete stud. You don't even need any other pitches to go with it. There aren't 5 hitters in all of KY that could consistently hit a 90 mph fastball.

To clarify, maybe I missed it, but I don't think anyone said that anyone CONSISTENTLY pitches at 90. I know for a fact that one touches 90 and is high 80's consistently.

 

I agree that they are few and far between, but aside from hearing that Smith throws 93, I didn't see anything outrageous.

 

I think most kids throw in the 70's and low 80's..

To clarify, maybe I missed it, but I don't think anyone said that anyone CONSISTENTLY pitches at 90. I know for a fact that one touches 90 and is high 80's consistently.

 

I agree that they are few and far between, but aside from hearing that Smith throws 93, I didn't see anything outrageous.

 

I think most kids throw in the 70's and low 80's..

 

Maybe not in this thread, but in various other threads combined there have been numerous claims of 90 mph throwers.

 

Your last comment is dead on accurate. :thumb:

To clarify, maybe I missed it, but I don't think anyone said that anyone CONSISTENTLY pitches at 90. I know for a fact that one touches 90 and is high 80's consistently.

 

I agree that they are few and far between, but aside from hearing that Smith throws 93, I didn't see anything outrageous.

 

I think most kids throw in the 70's and low 80's..

 

I think most of the good ones throw in the 70's and low 80's. There are plenty of kids that are lucky to make it out of the 60's.

To clarify, maybe I missed it, but I don't think anyone said that anyone CONSISTENTLY pitches at 90. I know for a fact that one touches 90 and is high 80's consistently.

 

I agree that they are few and far between, but aside from hearing that Smith throws 93, I didn't see anything outrageous.

 

I think most kids throw in the 70's and low 80's..

 

I know my call on Smith hitting 93 was a little crazy but a fan can hope.:thumb:

But I believe Smith hit consistant 87 or 85 at the Bellevue Scrimmage. Give time for the arm to develop and we will see what he tops out at.

I know my call on Smith hitting 93 was a little crazy but a fan can hope.:thumb:

But I believe Smith hit consistant 87 or 85 at the Bellevue Scrimmage. Give time for the arm to develop and we will see what he tops out at.

 

 

lol well I'm with you. I can only hope some of the pitchers for CovCath could get up to 93 this year haha. But realistically most will hang around the 70's and low 80's and Isler probably will get high 80s. A consistent 85 to 87 is a good start for Smith.

lol well I'm with you. I can only hope some of the pitchers for CovCath could get up to 93 this year haha. But realistically most will hang around the 70's and low 80's and Isler probably will get high 80s. A consistent 85 to 87 is a good start for Smith.

 

I think Isler and Smith will start the CCH BHS game. With Nutini and Snyder in relief. I think it comes down to Beechwood hitting. If they can put up 7 or 8 then it will be a close game. I'll probably be saying Bwood's hitting is going to hurt them all year until they see good pitching and handle it well.

I think Isler and Smith will start the CCH BHS game. With Nutini and Snyder in relief. I think it comes down to Beechwood hitting. If they can put up 7 or 8 then it will be a close game. I'll probably be saying Bwood's hitting is going to hurt them all year until they see good pitching and handle it well.

 

Not real confident in your pitching either, if you are wanting 7 or 8 runs to stay close in this game. :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.