Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Baseball Discussion

Featured Replies

I quite frankly don't understand some of the kids today. Heck back in the day you were just happy to make the team, as you got to wear your schools uniform and even more so if got on the field to play.

 

I can still remember Coach Cronin teaching me how put on the sanitary hose to dress for a varsity game. You see until high school, I had always worn just plain old white socks under my stirrups and had never worn sanitary hose, so Coach Cronin taught me/us freshmen how to put on and roll those sock to look like the major league players did.

 

Man to this day I can remember the high I was on walking back home in my uniform after my first varsity game, with my uniform dirty from sweat and dirt with CovCath embroidered across my chest, and taking all kinds of grief from the kids I grew up with as all of them went to Dixie! The snide comments about attending a all male school, nor being a traitor, didn't matter one bit to me because I was on my HS team and I was proud as could be to wear that CovCath uniform. Coach Cronin could have told me to cut the outfield grass with a push lawnmower and I would have done it as I was just so happy to be on the team....

 

 

:thumb:

  • Replies 154
  • Views 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite frankly don't understand some of the kids today. Heck back in the day you were just happy to make the team, as you got to wear your schools uniform and even more so if got on the field to play.

 

I can still remember Coach Cronin teaching me how put on the sanitary hose to dress for a varsity game. You see until high school, I had always worn just plain old white socks under my stirrups and had never worn sanitary hose, so Coach Cronin taught me/us freshmen how to put on and roll those sock to look like the major league players did.

 

Man to this day I can remember the high I was on walking back home in my uniform after my first varsity game, with my uniform dirty from sweat and dirt with CovCath embroidered across my chest, and taking all kinds of grief from the kids I grew up with as all of them went to Dixie! The snide comments about attending a all male school, nor being a traitor, didn't matter one bit to me because I was on my HS team and I was proud as could be to wear that CovCath uniform. Coach Cronin could have told me to cut the outfield grass with a push lawnmower and I would have done it as I was just so happy to be on the team....

 

unfortunatley if you made a kid cut grass you might get sued!!!:laugh: Are sanatary's even worn anymore????

By the way great post!

:thumb:

I quite frankly don't understand some of the kids today. Heck back in the day you were just happy to make the team, as you got to wear your schools uniform and even more so if got on the field to play.

 

I can still remember Coach Cronin teaching me how put on the sanitary hose to dress for a varsity game. You see until high school, I had always worn just plain old white socks under my stirrups and had never worn sanitary hose, so Coach Cronin taught me/us freshmen how to put on and roll those sock to look like the major league players did.

 

Man to this day I can remember the high I was on walking back home in my uniform after my first varsity game, with my uniform dirty from sweat and dirt with CovCath embroidered across my chest, and taking all kinds of grief from the kids I grew up with as all of them went to Dixie! The snide comments about attending a all male school, nor being a traitor, didn't matter one bit to me because I was on my HS team and I was proud as could be to wear that CovCath uniform. Coach Cronin could have told me to cut the outfield grass with a push lawnmower and I would have done it as I was just so happy to be on the team....

 

Great post. Thats the way it should be.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I love it TOG...You beat me to the punch, and in a very sentimental way at that, on what is going on with kids not finishing their senior year of sports. I think some of it could be attributed to the realization that they may not be the star anymore, coddling from the parents, or just senioritis. What is it? Help me out here everyone!

 

I guess it could be the start of another thread?

I believe he would have been the starting center fielder (maybe some 1st base), top three in the pitching rotation.

 

Why would he not be happy with this role? I thought the reason he wasn't playing was due to an injury.

 

I love it TOG...You beat me to the punch, and in a very sentimental way at that, on what is going on with kids not finishing their senior year of sports. I think some of it could be attributed to the realization that they may not be the star anymore, coddling from the parents, or just senioritis. What is it? Help me out here everyone!

 

I guess it could be the start of another thread?

 

I think seniors that aren't going to play in college don't play their senior year so they can go on their senior spring break trips and start their summers early. It's really a let down to the younger guys who are counting on their seniors to lead the team. Anyone know yet what seniors will be playing on Ryle's team this year?

Why would he not be happy with this role? I thought the reason he wasn't playing was due to an injury.

 

No injury, he just decided not to play...

 

 

I think seniors that aren't going to play in college don't play their senior year so they can go on their senior spring break trips and start their summers early. It's really a let down to the younger guys who are counting on their seniors to lead the team. Anyone know yet what seniors will be playing on Ryle's team this year?

 

From what I have heard here are the seniors that are going to try outs:

 

Etcheid

O'Hara

Renda

Meier

Oliver

Barrett

Edited by The Great Game

I think a lot of it has to do with how fragmented our society is now days, and how much entertainment is available. Kids not finishing out their senior seasons is similiar to people not attending local amateur sporting events as much these days. People have so many choices now for entertainment, besides just playing sports or going to the friday night game. Let's face it, one of the reasons people did both of those in larger percentages 35 years ago is because what the heck else were they going do? No cable TV, no satellite TV, no Ipods, no video games, no multi-screen movie theaters in every city, no internet, no 24 hour sports & news TV coverage, etc, etc. Heck, it's the same reason people read more in the old days.

 

It's weird. Our society is more sports obsessed now than ever, but that obessesion is more about watching sports on TV than actually participating in them in thier local community. Unless it's professional sports of course, then they'll spend insane amounts of money on personal seat licenses and season tickets to watch overpaid criminals give half-baked efforts.

From what I have heard here are the seniors that are going to try outs:

 

Etcheid

O'Hara

Renda

Meier

Oliver

Barrett

 

 

While I knew that David was a senior, I didn't realize that Renda was a senior as well this year too! Darn I am getting old...:eek: :eek::cry:

Who will be favord to win the All A from the the Region this year?

 

I like Holy Cross because they play Ludlow and if they win that they will play the winner of NCC/Beechwood so Smith and Conner will be used most likely.

From what I have heard here are the seniors that are going to try outs:

 

Etcheid

O'Hara

Renda

Meier

Oliver

Barrett

 

I thought you may have noticed by now that it's right in your name.:laugh:

While I knew that David was a senior, I didn't realize that Renda was a senior as well this year too! Darn I am getting old...:eek: :eek::cry:

 

 

oops, wrong quote....I thought you may have noticed by now that it's right in your name. :lol:

I like Holy Cross because they play Ludlow and if they win that they will play the winner of NCC/Beechwood so Smith and Conner will be used most likely.

 

Don't count out the Bellevue Tigers....

Don't count out the Bellevue Tigers....

 

Do you know who they play? Or the side of the bracket they are on?

Do you know who they play? Or the side of the bracket they are on?

 

How would you know that until district play during the season was completed?

Don't count out the Bellevue Tigers....

 

They don't have the pitching or offensive power to beat the larger schools consistently. Maybe against Dayton, Silver Grove, Villa, etc. but NCC, Beechwood, CovCath, Ryle. I just don't see it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.