Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Baseball Discussion

Featured Replies

They had the best catcher [Maile] and first baseman [isler] in NKY. Beyond that they have solid of just about everything. I'd say they are better than average ball players. It'd be nice to have a team comprised of all the "best at each position" players though lol.

 

I believe A thread was posted back in January where opinions were given on just that subject. " best at each Position" ?? Might be a thread to bring back since the season is slowly gaining on us.

  • Replies 154
  • Views 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood will be like CovCath and NCC one solid pitcher and average play the rest of the way.

 

Beechwood has two solid pitchers

Very good player, but it would be a mistake to overlook Brake (Conner) for this position.

 

Brake at Conner is solid for sure. But there is a reason Isler was given the award so credit has to be given. Not to mention that isn't even the position it looks like he will be playing in college...

Beechwood has two solid pitchers

 

Smith and who? Not being smart, I really do not know. I do not follow Beechwood closely.

Nick Elwert, who got a baseball scholarship.

 

Congrats to him. Where is he playing?

 

Centre College

FWIW, D3 schools can't give out athletic scholarships, but the fact that he got money at Centre for academics is probably more impressive :thumb:

Smith and who? Not being smart, I really do not know. I do not follow Beechwood closely.

 

Nathan Snyder is pretty good also

I will have to agree with Coop on Ryle... I think they will do all the fundamental things well and if the pitching comes along, and they have some pitching talent there to do it, they could surprise some folks. This team will be comprised of the last two JV Regional Championship teams minus a few players players due to injury or just deciding not to play anymore.

I will have to agree with Coop on Ryle... I think they will do all the fundamental things well and if the pitching comes along, and they have some pitching talent there to do it, they could surprise some folks. This team will be comprised of the last two JV Regional Championship teams minus a few players players due to injury or just deciding not to play anymore.

 

Is Helmer not playing this year? I thought I read this somewhere in a previous thread.

Is Helmer not playing this year? I thought I read this somewhere in a previous thread.

 

No, he is not. Shame. Good player, but just never seemed happy with his role.

No, he is not. Shame. Good player, but just never seemed happy with his role.

 

Yes, it is a shame...they will miss him not being on the hill and he more than likely would have helped at the plate also this year.

Yes, it is a shame...they will miss him not being on the hill and he more than likely would have helped at the plate also this year.

 

Agreed. Though honestly, I don't think he was going to be happy with his role and he seems to let that affect him mentally at times.

Agreed. Though honestly, I don't think he was going to be happy with his role and he seems to let that affect him mentally at times.

 

What was his role?

Who will be favord to win the All A from the the Region this year?

What was his role?

 

I believe he would have been the starting center fielder (maybe some 1st base), top three in the pitching rotation.

I quite frankly don't understand some of the kids today. Heck back in the day you were just happy to make the team, as you got to wear your schools uniform and even more so if got on the field to play.

 

I can still remember Coach Cronin teaching me how put on the sanitary hose to dress for a varsity game. You see until high school, I had always worn just plain old white socks under my stirrups and had never worn sanitary hose, so Coach Cronin taught me/us freshmen how to put on and roll those sock to look like the major league players did.

 

Man to this day I can remember the high I was on walking back home in my uniform after my first varsity game, with my uniform dirty from sweat and dirt with CovCath embroidered across my chest, and taking all kinds of grief from the kids I grew up with as all of them went to Dixie! The snide comments about attending a all male school, nor being a traitor, didn't matter one bit to me because I was on my HS team and I was proud as could be to wear that CovCath uniform. Coach Cronin could have told me to cut the outfield grass with a push lawnmower and I would have done it as I was just so happy to be on the team....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.