Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota 70 Louisville 64

Featured Replies

Rick Pitino hired Tubby as an assistant coach. I believe that he would be one of the best assistant coaches in the world.

That was quite a staff that Rick Pitino put together in his first couple of years at Kentucky.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Louisville is a really really good team.

They are a top 5 team and I think they will be there or near there at the end of the year.

Their guard play has not been consistent. Their shooting has not been consistent and Samuels is going to have freshman like nights.

They will be fine.

Just a bad bad scheduling situation today.

I agree with your opinion.

 

I think this is a team that Rick thinks will be there in March. He appears to me that he is coaching this team and preparing this time for three months ahead. I think he will have them making a run for the title.

I am going to have to disagree. I don't think it's full panic mode yet but they have 2 loses to non conf teams, and they play in the best conf (hands down). It's without a doubt time to panic. They can get hot in the tourny, but any team can say that. For a team that most people put in the top 3 (even after a loss to WKU) they look just mediocre and may be in trouble come conf schedule time.

 

One of the things I keep hearing about the losses (I didn't watch or listen to the Minnesota game - I listened to the WKU game on the radio) is that UofL was playing completely unmotivated, and the other team wanted it BAD. If you put the worst team in the country together with the best team and you have those ingredients, a loss isn't too far out of the picture.

 

I agree with what many posters are saying about leadership. It's generally lacking. T-Will and Earl Clark are probably thinking a little bit too much about the NBA than the here and now. I'm hoping maybe Smith or McGee can fill that role. I don't know, leadership is a lot more than the games, and since I don't practice with them, I don't know who should/could step up. But it's possible they don't need a single leader at all, and as a TEAM, be responsible ball players.

 

And again, this game... I don't want to say it didn't MATTER, because every game MATTERS, but this was tripping down the sidewalk, not falling off a ladder. If UofL doesn't come in ready for every BEast game, THEN I'll be having worries. So yeah, UofL can lose to UK this year in basketball, and I won't really care.:eek:

Big win for Tubby and Minnesota.

 

Wake up call for a very talented UL team.

 

I don't believe that Tubby is 'happy' that UK isn't ranked yet but his team may be. I think he is a class act who is working hard to rebuild a Gopher program.

 

Personally, I want to see all 3 teams ranked, in the dance, and doing well. UK first because I am a Cats fan, ... Minnesota because I am a Tubby fan, and UL because I am a Pitino fan AND want all of our instate schools to be successful.

 

All 3 teams have great coaches and will be fine.

 

As far as Minnesota having no talent, Tubby is getting some pretty good kids in there now. Nolin is quick and awfully good and Harfarber (sp) can flat out shoot the rock.

Funny that a lot of people said Minnesota's weak schedule would catch up with them, then they knock off a top 10 ranked team..

:sleep:

 

Taking notes from Wireman? :jump:

You are spot on with your comments. You said it just as I would have. Glad to see the Tubster do well. I think he is obviously better off away from UK. I believe UK will better off with the new coach.

 

(Sorry, this was in response to Post #50-Okie1)

One of the things I keep hearing about the losses (I didn't watch or listen to the Minnesota game - I listened to the WKU game on the radio) is that UofL was playing completely unmotivated, and the other team wanted it BAD. If you put the worst team in the country together with the best team and you have those ingredients, a loss isn't too far out of the picture.

 

I agree with what many posters are saying about leadership. It's generally lacking. T-Will and Earl Clark are probably thinking a little bit too much about the NBA than the here and now. I'm hoping maybe Smith or McGee can fill that role. I don't know, leadership is a lot more than the games, and since I don't practice with them, I don't know who should/could step up. But it's possible they don't need a single leader at all, and as a TEAM, be responsible ball players.

 

And again, this game... I don't want to say it didn't MATTER, because every game MATTERS, but this was tripping down the sidewalk, not falling off a ladder. If UofL doesn't come in ready for every BEast game, THEN I'll be having worries. So yeah, UofL can lose to UK this year in basketball, and I won't really care.:eek:

 

Really?:confused:

 

Every team needs a leader.;)

I think right now what we are seeing is how important Padgett was to the production of the UL guards. He keyed everything from the high post, and without it they look very average around the perimeter. They had many of the same issues when he was out to start last season, and it's carrying over...

I think right now what we are seeing is how important Padgett was to the production of the UL guards. He keyed everything from the high post, and without it they look very average around the perimeter. They had many of the same issues when he was out to start last season, and it's carrying over...

 

Partly because Padgett was a leader... something they need and can't find.

[/b]

 

Partly because Padgett was a leader... something they need and can't find.

No doubt...

Why is Tubby considered a class act? He left the UK program in shambles. Force feed his son as the point guard, basically quit on the job 3 years before he officially quit, and took over $2,000,000 on his way out the door.

 

Sure he is a nice guy but stand up people don't lay down on the job and then quit and leave the mess for someone else to clean up. Face it the UK program is still digging out of his hole.

I think right now what we are seeing is how important Padgett was to the production of the UL guards. He keyed everything from the high post, and without it they look very average around the perimeter. They had many of the same issues when he was out to start last season, and it's carrying over...

 

They've done this some with Earl, and it was effective when they did. I don't think he'll ever be as effective as David was in that specific role, but I definitely think they should go to that look more often than they are.

Why is Tubby considered a class act? He left the UK program in shambles. Force feed his son as the point guard, basically quit on the job 3 years before he officially quit, and took over $2,000,000 on his way out the door.

 

Sure he is a nice guy but stand up people don't lay down on the job and then quit and leave the mess for someone else to clean up. Face it the UK program is still digging out of his hole.

 

Don't forget to mention that he was negotiating a deal behind everyone's back before the SEC tournament even started in his final season at UK :thumb:

Nolen had his way with the UL backcourt for most of the game and no UL guards could stay between Nolen and the basket at the end of the game. I would love to have a point that takes care of the ball like he does at UK. As a frosh PG he had 3.5 assists per game vs. 1.8 turnovers a game. Improved that so far this season to 6.0 assists per game vs. 1.7 turnovers a game. Not to mention he is a pretty good ball hawk at the defensive end of the floor.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.