December 22, 200817 yr Don't forget to mention that he was negotiating a deal behind everyone's back before the SEC tournament even started in his final season at UK :thumb: Like I said he quit long before it was official.
December 22, 200817 yr Louisville is overrated. I'm pretty sure the crowd reminded them of that the other day :lol:
December 22, 200817 yr I'm pretty sure the crowd reminded them of that the other day :lol: It was well deserved too.:ylsuper:
December 22, 200817 yr I'm pretty sure the crowd reminded them of that the other day :lol: Game was in Arizona so maybe not.
December 22, 200817 yr Game was in Arizona so maybe not. I am certain that I heard the chant in the background of the broadcast.
December 22, 200817 yr I'm pretty sure the crowd reminded them of that the other day :lol: Dumbest chant in sports by far.
December 22, 200817 yr It being correct makes it no less dumb. Just out of curiousity - why do you feel this chant is so dumb?
December 22, 200817 yr Just out of curiousity - why do you feel this chant is so dumb? Because by saying the other team is overrated, you're saying that you beating them wasn't because your team is good or better than expected, but that the other team isn't as good. You're discrediting your own win by doing it.
December 22, 200817 yr Because by saying the other team is overrated, you're saying that you beating them wasn't because your team is good or better than expected, but that the other team isn't as good. You're discrediting your own win by doing it. I disagree with you on that. I think if you're unranked and you beat a team that is top 10 in the country, then you are just telling the truth by saying "overrated..." U of L has been overrated all season...
December 22, 200817 yr Because by saying the other team is overrated, you're saying that you beating them wasn't because your team is good or better than expected, but that the other team isn't as good. You're discrediting your own win by doing it. Might as well chant "We're not this good"...
December 22, 200817 yr Louisville has more talent, will play a tougher conference schedule and should go further in the NCAA tournament. But on Saturday, Minnesota was the better squad. Louisville could point to a ridiculous schedule that had the Cardinals playing in the Big East-SEC Invitational against Ole Miss on Thursday in Cincinnati and then playing the early game Saturday in suburban Phoenix. But that's an excuse. Minnesota won this game more than Louisville lost it. Smith is one of the best coaches in the country. -Andy Katz
December 22, 200817 yr Because by saying the other team is overrated, you're saying that you beating them wasn't because your team is good or better than expected, but that the other team isn't as good. You're discrediting your own win by doing it. :thumb: I've always hated that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.